RCCL website..what room avail?

Do a search as you would normally.

It will bring up a page and ask you to select your cabin category.

Select the category you want and click continue.

There will be a bar under the cabin category that says: Find a Specific Stateroom in this Category

Put in the cabin number that you want.

It will say available or "The stateroom you selected is not available or may be in a different category. Please make a new selection from the list below."

You would expect there to be a dedicated search window for any category but I have not seen that.

Did RCCL change their website? I was trying to find what rooms are available on upcoming cruises. I can't find them on the website. Can someone tell me how to find it? Thanks.

Royal UPDATES/ENHANCES Their Booking Engine

Go to the RCI website, try doing a dummy booking. When you get the cabin categories, click on what you want and it. You've got more buttons to click on now, plus you have to click on "continue" at the bottom of the page.

The easiest way it to just CALL RCI and ask if the one you want is open!

I am going to have to disagree. I think looking myself, online, is much easier. The reps can be quite variable in their knowledge.

It's harder in the short term to learn how to look through a website but once it's done, you're set. That is why I don't like to post direct links to things on cc: it is more worthwhile if the person takes 60 seconds to read through the main forums page and realize there is something besides the individual cruiseline forums. Now they won't keep asking everytime they need a link to scuba, or money saving, or roll call, etc, etc, etc.

I was going to also post that you need to scroll down to see the cabins on the deck plan. If you reduce the magnification of the web page (lower right hand corner where the % is showing), then you can see the cabin numbers and their location all in one window without scrolling.

I agree: I do my own "shopping", and then call my TA to book what I've picked out.

It's dangerous to use absolute statements such as "...... show only 15 cabins in a category" or "...... are the only one who shows all cabins". It is likely that there is no site that truly shows all cabins available on line but the site that was mentioned as showing 15 (against policy so the post is now gone) shows a lot more than 15 on some cruises.

For example, it is showing 31 category G cabins on the Jewel of the Seas 8/22/11 Baltic sailing.

It is a nice tool that RCL has added, but it is somewhat tedious to keep entering cabin numbers one at a time. The list appears to be longer now (it used to usually be less than 10) so they have made it easier.

But one pretty safe absolute statement would be that calling RCL directly is a sure way to find what cabins are available.

It's dangerous to use absolute statements such as "...... show only 15 cabins in a category" or "...... are the only one who shows all cabins". It is likely that there is no site that truly shows all cabins available on line but the site that was mentioned as showing 15 (against policy so the post is now gone) shows a lot more than 15 on some cruises.

For example, it is showing 31 category G cabins on the Jewel of the Seas 8/22/11 Baltic sailing.

It is a nice tool that RCL has added, but it is somewhat tedious to keep entering cabin numbers one at a time. The list appears to be longer now (it used to usually be less than 10) so they have made it easier.

But one pretty safe absolute statement would be that calling RCL directly is a sure way to find what cabins are available.

Since the post is gone its hard to dispute, but you did not quote what was originally stated here appropriately. What was stated was that it shows 15 cabins per category PER DECK. So of those 31 category G cabins, I would say they have to be on at least 3 decks (max 15 on two decks with 1 on the third)? I would bet that there are more than that available. The only people that will know for sure are RCI. Bad business to show their hand by letting anyone (even their competitors) know just how well a ship is selling.

I post that statement when I see people declaring that infamous site has all cabins as I know its not true. I also include the only way to know for sure is get in touch with RCI. Up until this weekend you had to call, now you can see it on line by 'searching' for that cabin to see if it is or is not available.

I do agree, I like the additions to the site RCI made. Makes my research a lot easier!

With that caveat of "per deck" I might agree (I didn't notice that in the post). But I would have sworn when I was checking for JS cabins on our TA in May several months ago, that I saw about 18 available, all on deck 10.

But we definitely agree that it does NOT show all. I used it to select cabins on a b2b this winter and when I called my TA, she had some different (and better) options.

Still, it is the best overall resource for availability that I've found. Combining that with the new feature should make my cabin-search-life better.

Archived