Formal Gowns on New Season of DWTS.

Kirstie's certainly lost weight and looks good, but come on--I'm at about 130 (She looks more like 170 or so to me) and can't wear a size six, except maybe some clothes that are outrageously vanity-sized. (I must admit I do not like things tight, though).

Maybe she has found some huge, stretchy clothes that 'say' size 6, but that doesn't mean she really wears a size 6.

The whole size thing is so silly anyway, the way things are sized nowadays. Strangely, when I was in high school back in the early sixties and rarely tipped the scale at 110, I wore a size 9/10. Now, at nearly 66, 130ish, and much less firm, and yet now I am wearing size 8 or even a 6 in some styles? Boy, can we fool ourselves.

Hi,:) I was on a cruise for the past 8 days (just home this morning)....

so who is in the final? I did not see any tv or read anything about it.

Guess I can wait along with all of you but if anyone is on here...who

is dancing tonite?:D

Hi,:) I was on a cruise for the past 8 days (just home this morning)....

so who is in the final? I did not see any tv or read anything about it.

Guess I can wait along with all of you but if anyone is on here...who

is dancing tonite?:D

Hi, Lois and welcome back!

Ralph got eliminated last week, so tonight's final will be Hines, Chelsie and Kirstie.

Hi, Lois and welcome back!

Ralph got eliminated last week, so tonight's final will be Hines, Chelsie and Kirstie.

Hi Elycelynne, thanks for the reply:). To be honest, I have been

rooting for Hines the entire season so I have to cheer him on tonight

too:)

Hi. I've been favoring Kirstie, but I know she isn't the best dancer by a long shot. Still, I want to spot her points for her age and weight and for keeping up to the bitter end. Being 67 myself, I really think she has done very well and is a great role model for us "Senior Citizens." She certainly inspires me.

Monday, May 23: Grand Finale: Brooke is a vision in a feminine white or buff strapless and belted dress featuring a softly gathered skirt. The fabric may be organza or georgette. The bodice has interesting detailing over the bust in the same fabric and color. The bodice is tighly fitted and could double as a bathing suit design.

I'm now mystified by Brooke's skirt. I have caught a brief look at it from a distance. It looks as if it has a slip to high thigh level and is sheer from there, but they aren't showing the entire skirt. If it is what I suspect, I do not like the dress at all. I had thought it would be a great cruise ship formal night dress, but I have second thoughts now.

I think Brooke looks beautiful tonight. Her gown is draped so beautifully and the belt really adds to it. I just noticed that the chiffon skirt is sheer and there's a short skirt under it.

I was not impressed by Chelsie's freestyle. I know it's supposed to be out of the box, so to speak, but to me it wasn't dancing---just gymnastics.

When Kirstie came out in the brown number, I said "OMG, she looks like a Friar". But she had guts to pull off into the spandex catsuit. I give them credit for doing the lifts. But, what is it with Maks always nibbling on Tom's ear????

Gotta give props to Kym for doing those lifts. It could not have been easy.

Brooke's dress tonight is so lovely--until you notice that there is a short underskirt and (I guess?--I don't think I ever caught a glimpse of the dress full-length) long see-through overskirt, which I don't understand--like she couldn't find the right length slip.

It would be my favorite look for her without the short underskirt.

I don't really have a favorite this year, they all just seem kind of mediocre, but I bet Hines wins. I wasn't blown away by any of the dances tonight. Yes, Kirstie does well for her age and size, but she definitely isn't the 'best' dancer. Of course, that doesn't always make a difference on this show. Or on Idol either.

Brooke forgot her slip and Kym forgot her skirt! I'll forgive Kym for dancing in her sheer petticoat since it's a costume, but Brooke's dress was like something Paris Hilton would pick for a formal event but can't resist showing her legs for the press. The top of Brooke's dress was pretty but it was too tight and was creating overflow bulging from the side view.

Hines and Kim were my fav's for both dances. Loved their foxtrot and the freestyle lifts were amazing.

Kristie did well but it was slow and her foot movements are too small compared to what Maks does.

Chelsea seemed slower than Mark in quite a few areas for me. Too bad her shoes went out in the dark. Can't figure out why Mark had more bling on than her. She had a small blue top and black pants but he had a black tee with green pants and a jacket. He should have left off the jacket in my opinion.

I thought the dances last night did seem rather mediocre, don't really have a favorite to win. No one inspired me to vote for them. I did like the quick step Hines performed and thought it was one of his better dances. I was disappointed in all of the free style dances but especially Kirstie's, her dance just seemed awkward & messy.

I did like Brooke's dress!:D

Sherri:)

Since they seem to pair him with women "of a certain age", I wonder why the powers that be can't do the same for the "much older" men they occasionally have -- if not Shirley Ballas, maybe some other female dancer closer to middle age? Why should the female pros have to dance with men old enough to be their grandfathers?

Go figure, it's like all those uncles you see taking their neice on a cruise!!:D

Shirley Ballas would be a good choice, although they have a pretty set cast of pros who at better than 200 k a season, would dance with Sasquash.:)

I know a woman that at 85 can outdance most men, we took Bolero lessons from her, and she comes to club dances once a month.

Hi. I've been favoring Kirstie, but I know she isn't the best dancer by a long shot. Still, I want to spot her points for her age and weight and for keeping up to the bitter end. Being 67 myself, I really think she has done very well and is a great role model for us "Senior Citizens." She certainly inspires me.

Hey, I'm 67 taking advanced Cha Cha on Tues., Tango on Thurs. and dancing on weekends. We don't do lifts or throws, but social ballroom is a great hobby at an older age. Although, we've been doing this for well over a decade as we met dancing and both love it.

Kristie is first to go and I'm pulling for Hines.

Here's a recap:

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/dwts-season-12-finals-freestyle/

Tuesday, May 24, 2011: RESULTS SHOW: Brooke's last outfit of the season--Brooke wears a luscious rose pink gown. There are a lot of design details going on. The gown is strapless. It is belted with ornamentaion that falls vertically from the satin belt. I could do without this detail, but it is OK.

The long skirt is multiple layers of a soft georgette. Brooke wears her hair up. I like her better with it long and free-flowing, but this updo is more formal and elegant, so it is fitting for this august occassion.

The truth is, this is my favorite outfit Brooke has worn this season. It is stunning. It is spectacular. I really like it.

Chelsie is wearing a dress I really admire. The ankle-length skirt has balck layers of flamenco-style ruffles. The demure bodice is highlighted with silver and black beading and sequins that make an interesting design. The sleeves are sheer cap sleeves. It is a lovely dress on Chelsie.

I wouldn't mind wearing a variation of this dress myself.

I like Brooke's dress tonight. It is very pretty. I agree that there is a lot going on with the jewels falling from the belt, but other than that, it is really beautiful. I really like the mermaid flair at the bottom. I dont' really like her hair though. It looks like she has a comb over going on.

I just got a glimpse of Carrie Anne's dress. I think it may be very pretty. I hope we get a full view of it.

Fireworks coming out of Kendra's bra. Really????? Noone needs to see that. If she wants to be taken seriously, she needs to stop being the punch line of a big joke.

This is the best gown Brooke has worn in both seasons. The color is stunning, and it's not overly sexy. She looks beautiful.

OMG, they nearly dropped Kendra on her head!!!!!!!!

BTW, do we really need all this stuff? No need for a two hour show, IMHO.

Love Carrie Anne's dress. the draping neckline, the back, everything about it is really pretty. It looks so comfortable. I would definately wear it on formal night. Mine would be a lot bigger than Carrie Annes, but I am working on that.:)

Brooke's dress was fabulous tonight. Maybe a little too much decoration in front, but so beautiful and for once not too tight. She actually looks much tinier with this fit than with the skin-tight dresses. It's a real show-stopper. The up-do--not a favorite.

I liked Chelsie's black dress as well. Though Carrie Ann's dress is beautiful I think it was such a smooth and flat fabric that it showed more lumps and bumps than I'd like. I do wish we could get better full-length views of her dresses.

This-show-was-way-too-long! Especially after sitting for over two hours at a girl's softball game that had just finished the 2nd inning when we left, and through two hours of the Bigges Loser finale! At least we had the shows on DVR.

I am happy:D:):D with the winner:D:)

They said next season begins on Sept 19th. See you then!:) I won't

be a hypocrite and say I won't watch (because I know I will LOL)

I am happy:D:):D with the winner:D:)

They said next season begins on Sept 19th. See you then!:) I won't

be a hypocrite and say I won't watch (because I know I will LOL)

Yes! We'll all be here next Sept 19. I have an idea for a contestant...Danica Patrick, the Indy car and NASCAR driver. The athletes seem to do very well on DWTS. They usually finish very high or at the very top.

Danica can't be on as both racing series are still going on. NASCAR runs until late November, and starts again in early February. That pretty much leaves her out of Dancing until she retires.

Yes! We'll all be here next Sept 19. I have an idea for a contestant...Danica Patrick, the Indy car and NASCAR driver. The athletes seem to do very well on DWTS. They usually finish very high or at the very top.

Hmmmmm....well, Oprah is now available;)

Archived