Formal Gowns on New Season of DWTS.

Liked Brooke's dress, but I wish we could see the straps better. Looked like a flat gold chain to me and I'm wondering if the fabric was a mat black crepe.

Carrie Ann's pink silky dress with the draped sleeve was pretty also. Looked comfortable.

I didn't see the fabulous hip action on Hines that Carrie Ann was gaga over. I even watched it twice since DH and I are doing rumba as one of our class dances. He and Chris did look fine in the uniforms.

Liked Brooke's dress, but I wish we could see the straps better. Looked like a flat gold chain to me and I'm wondering if the fabric was a mat black crepe.

Carrie Ann's pink silky dress with the draped sleeve was pretty also. Looked comfortable.

I didn't see the fabulous hip action on Hines that Carrie Ann was gaga over. I even watched it twice since DH and I are doing rumba as one of our class dances. He and Chris did look fine in the uniforms.

Agree with you, we watched it again also after her comments and still didn't see it. Hines did a nice dance but I thought his was scores were too high.

I thought Chelsea had the best dance, at least it came the closest to being a samba than any of the other dances were what they were supposed to be. I felt Mark actually put the spotlight on her for a change. The music for most of the dances was terrible, a samba for "Sweet Home Alabama" ? A foxtrot to "American Woman"?

But I did enjoy Maks without a shirt:D

Sherri:)

Frankly, I am a samba purist, and absolutely do not get taking a samba dance and turning it into a hoe-down, country Alabama, "Americana" dance in cowboy boots. I don't like that fusion and think it is a real stretch.
I'm with you, I enjoy Samba as like Tango, the rhythm and tempo of the dance is unique. Ralph & Karina should have sued over that one.

It's a tough enough competition without being handicaped by the music.

Poor "woe is me" Kendra; "Yankee Doodle Dandy" was a natural Quickstep, but I guess they thought she couldn't handle that so they let her Foxtrot.

Here is a good review that sez in print what a lot of you were thinking!:D

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/dancing-with-the-stars-season-12-episode-8/

i also think Brooke looks very nice tonight. I'm not sure she can breathe ina dress that tight though. :p I like her curly hair. I also like that the "girls" aren't pouring out of the top of her dress.

Wow, all of the performers are acting a little crazy tonight. they are out of control. It is fun to watch. I have a feeling that Kendra may be going home tonight. I really think that if she does make it through to another week, that she REALLY needs to work on her filter, and not say everything that is in her head.:eek:

My first thought when looking at the dress was of a mummy wrapped in cellophane, but further glimpses of the dress have shown it to be more attractive than I originally thought. It is mighty tight. I don't know how Brooke breathes in it. That dress design would make a fabulous cruise ship cocktail dress and could be made in a variety of colors and still look great. It wouldn't have to be so tight.

My TV has gone crazy. The voice is ahead of the mouths by about two words. It is very distracting.

I thought for sure Kendra or Kirstie would be the one to go. I don't know who's voting for Kendra, but she seems to have a following. I wonder why the judges have been so hard on Ralph? I don't think he's as bad as they make him out to be. Sorry, but I just cannot stand Chelsie. She's just too much "everything" for me. BTW, does anyone know who she is? I know it's something Disney, but I have no idea who she is.

I thought for sure Kendra or Kirstie would be the one to go. I don't know who's voting for Kendra, but she seems to have a following. I wonder why the judges have been so hard on Ralph? I don't think he's as bad as they make him out to be. Sorry, but I just cannot stand Chelsie. She's just too much "everything" for me. BTW, does anyone know who she is? I know it's something Disney, but I have no idea who she is.

She was known as Chelsie Staub (recently changed her last name) and played a character on the Jonas Brothers show on Disney Channel. Yes, I have seen every episode, I am the mom of a 10 year old girl. :D

I actually am rooting for Chelsie and Ralph. Really like them both.

I think Brooke looks lovely tonight. Not sure I would call it too tight, just form fitting.;) A little bit of cleavage like she's showing tonight is far sexier than everything staring you right in the face........IMO.
That she didn't have anything to drop as picking it up would have been interesting. Did anyone actually see her walk in that outfit?? Did they wheel her from place to place with an appliance dolly?

Who is Kendra's fan base, old Bunnies or do they call them Hares???

What does she do these days?

I really liked Brooke's appearance tonight. The beaded sheath dress was lovely. Her hair was lovely. She looked terrific.

Now a serious question. On ET last week Kirstie Ally claimed she wears a size six. I wear a size twelve most times, but I consider myself to be far more slender than Kirstie. I did wear a size six at one time in my life, but I was really skinny then, about 116 pounds. My shoulders were boney. My stomach was pancake flat.

Is it possible that TV creates an appearance of weighing so much more or what size is she actually? From her looks, I would take her for, at minimum, a size sixteen or eighteen.. But maybe the TV just makes her look much heavier than she really is. But if that is so, the other women must be wearing a size zero.

I really liked Brooke's appearance tonight. The beaded sheath dress was lovely. Her hair was lovely. She looked terrific.

Now a serious question. On ET last week Kirstie Ally claimed she wears a size six. I wear a size twelve most times, but I consider myself to be far more slender than Kirstie. I did wear a size six at one time in my life, but I was really skinny then, about 116 pounds. My shoulders were boney. My stomach was pancake flat.

Is it possible that TV creates an appearance of weighing so much more or what size is she actually? From her looks, I would take her for, at minimum, a size sixteen or eighteen.. But maybe the TV just makes her look much heavier than she really is. But if that is so, the other women must be wearing a size zero.

they say the camera adds 10 lbs... so, how many cameras are on Kristie then?? :eek::D Don't get me wrong, I love Kristie, but the only thing on her that may be a size six is her feet, and I doubt that also.:p I think she and Maks did a great job tonight. I am really happy for her.

Brooke looked beautiful this evening. I liked everything from top to bottom. Loved the dress. Loved the hair. I especially loved that the "girls" weren't spilling out of her dress.

Brooke looks fantastic tonight. A very heavily sequined dress, looks to be a very dark purple on my TV. It would look great on any cruise.

I agree and was thinking the same things... except for the color... looked more brown on my TV. Isn't that hilarious! I wonder what color Brooke's dress is supposed to be? :p

Just shows she can look great without cutouts, saddlebags,or things that look like they came from Frederick's of Hollywood.

I think you must have missed the teen at the end of the six.:D A six might fit for each of her thighs. If she wears a six, I wear a zero.

The weight I could find was 230lbs. which makes her still hefty at 200lbs which is waaaaay more than I weigh and I wear 10's, 8's and I have a few 6's which I would like to wear with the size tags hanging out.:p

Cameras do put on weight but not the amount she has, I can see that she has lost the 30lbs. she said she has and with a few more weeks, she could loose more before the end of the season. Her big problem seems she can loose it put not keep it off.

If Kirstie is a size 6, I'd like to meet her designer. He/she apparently takes vanity sizing to a whole new level!:p

I agree that Brooke did look lovely last night -- no excess boobage and she looked like she could actually move in that dress.

I don't know if it's more prevalent this season or if I'm just becoming the "rhythm police", but "My Heart Will Go On" is NOT a waltz. I did notice a lot of pauses and other "filler" in Romeo and Chelsie's dance to make up for the extra beats.

I do not believe her when she says she wears a size six, I wear an 8 or sometimes 10, and I think (hope?) she looks heavier than me.

I think this year is interesting as it looks like anyone could win, but I think Romeo or Chelsea are becoming the people to beat.

Sherri:)

I also thought Brooke looked great. Her dress appeared to be a very deep navy on my tv...funny.

I'm leaning towards a deep purple eggplant on my tv. Looked like she had purple eye shadow and I thought Tom's tie was a purple-ish grey.

The dress was a little boring for me, maybe it just needed better jewelry or something.

None of the dances really stood out for me last night. Kendra had a lot of confidence in her dance finally, but it was a bit too stripper-ish in the end on the desk. Loved Bruno's past coming back to haunt him with the Elton John video.

Sorry...must be a lazy day typing for me. I'm putting "ish" on the end of everything instead of trying to think of a proper word. :o

We started the Cha Cha last week and I just bought my first pair of official ballroom shoes also.

As a 16/18, I would have put her at maybe a 14 with a generous use of spanx for control. I'm almost 5'3 and she's 5' 7 1/2" plus heels so she should look smaller than me. Cheryl was saying that she was a four when people said she looked fat so no way is Kristie under a 10.

Just for fun I measured my 1986 prom dress a while ago, and I know I wore a 12 then.

According to todays measurements I would have been a 6. Kristie wouldn't fit into it either now.

The Jetson's hip flares on Karina's dress last night were kind of strange!

If Kirstie is a size 6, I'd like to meet her designer. He/she apparently takes vanity sizing to a whole new level!:p
What a perfect term, even I as a man have noted that the more expensive the dress the smaller the size!!:D

I don't know if it's more prevalent this season or if I'm just becoming the "rhythm police", but "My Heart Will Go On" is NOT a waltz. I did notice a lot of pauses and other "filler" in Romeo and Chelsie's dance to make up for the extra beats.
"Correct tempo" is used by the dancing set, and no you won't find it on DWTS.

Chris might be put out of the competition by that poor excuse for a Tango.

That Ricky Martin tune wasn't quite a Samba either, but Kendra made the most of it; she impressed for a change. Although, I didn't need to know that certain parts of her have come from Silicon Valley.:eek:

Here is a good recap with a perfect comment about Brook!!:)

"And yet, as if Karina hadn’t been through enough, that robot in the sparkly purple dress cut her off before she could finish thanking Ralph for his grace under ballroom fire."

http://www.tvline.com/2011/04/dancing-with-the-stars-dwts-recap-season-12-week-6-guilty-pleasures/

Archived