Celebrity Service

phinn

Sis and I just got off the Solstice this am and just had to make this post. From the moment we entered Port Everglades until we got in our car to go home, we had service that was incredible. Every single crew member we passed made sure to say "Good day" to us and ask us how we were enjoying the cruise, and so many asked if they could do anything for us. I had one simple issue with our account in the first day, but it was resolved within minutes and there were 3 people to follow up on it. This to us, was truly a first class ship in both looks and service. If you are booked on her, you are in for a real treat.

Sis and I just got off the Solstice this am and just had to make this post. From the moment we entered Port Everglades until we got in our car to go home, we had service that was incredible. Every single crew member we passed made sure to say "Good day" to us and ask us how we were enjoying the cruise, and so many asked if they could do anything for us. I had one simple issue with our account in the first day, but it was resolved within minutes and there were 3 people to follow up on it. This to us, was truly a first class ship in both looks and service. If you are booked on her, you are in for a real treat.

:)The service on all Celebrity ships is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the reason we have so many cruises with Celebirty.

It's great to hear it's the same on the Solstice, we're booked on her in the Fall for the first time. Thanks for the info.

We always get great service on Celebrity. I keep telling that to those who fear if they pre-pay tips, the service won't be the same quality. The comment cards are what keeps them employed along with the extra tips they get at the end of the cruise because they all go out of their way to make your cruise experience memorable.

We always get great service on Celebrity. I keep telling that to those who fear if they pre-pay tips, the service won't be the same quality. The comment cards are what keeps them employed along with the extra tips they get at the end of the cruise because they all go out of their way to make your cruise experience memorable.
I totally agree, but what really impresses me about Celebrity are the friendly greetings and excellent, caring service we receive even from those on the ship who expect no tips from us at all. Almost everyone you meet appears to be genuinely happy to have you aboard.

Only one small example: on our last cruise I stepped out into the hall to see if my stateroom attendant was still out there. I did not see him, but another attendant further down the hallway noticed me looking around and came over to ask if I needed anything. I mentioned that I was just looking for my stateroom attendant to ask for some extra hangers. He knew that I was not one of his own passengers, but he immediately headed down the hallway, opened a storage room door and brought me back a bunch of hangers. That is typical of the type of service we have experienced on Celebrity and one of the main reasons we keep returning.

I think that is the main reason why most of us cruise with Celebrity. I know we tried carnival for several cruises but after the first Celebrity cruise their was no return. It sure is nice to see someone saying nice things for a change. A lot of the posts you see are complaints. We have 5 on Celebrity between both of us and have found all to be as you described. Charles

Just off the Connie today, while the service was great, the food was just the standard fare, I really can't say Celebrity is that much better than Holland America, or any of the several other cruise lines that I have been on world wide. I can mention the lack of straight forward answers from the cruise staff. I got three different answers to some basic questions about debarkation, and none of the answers were correct. Didn't have any immigration or customs formalities in San Diego, just walked off the ship and on our merry way. (I can't believe the cruise line was charging $15 to take passengers to the airport which wasn't even two miles away, ouch).

:)The service on all Celebrity ships is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the reason we have so many cruises with Celebirty.

It's great to hear it's the same on the Solstice, we're booked on her in the Fall for the first time. Thanks for the info.

This is wonderful to hear!:)

I'm looking forward to our first Celebrity experience on a b-2-b Sept. 17 - Oct. 10th.

What countries does Celebring use for their crews? I've sailed mostly HAL but a couple of times on Princess.

I'm excitedly looking forward to the Infinity.

Phinn glad you enjoyed it! We have gone on Princess, RCCL and Carnival but once we tried Celebrity we were hooked. DD was really young at the time - I think under the age of 4 and she tried the soups that they serve every night in the dining room. Ever since then it was like - hey Mom - when are we going back on that cruise ship that serves the great soups?? I also find that the kids program is better than RCCL (better supervised - we had an incident last year where the kids 12-17 were playing spin the bottle because there was NO SUPERVISION!!). I also find the kids tend to be better behaved than Carnival for sure and also better than RCCL. We love the food and the service is undeniably the best!!

I'm looking forward to our first Celebrity experience on a b-2-b Sept. 17 - Oct. 10th.

What countries does Celebring use for their crews? I've sailed mostly HAL but a couple of times on Princess.

From the wonderful crew we've met, many are from Eastern Europe (Romania, Hungary, etc.), Turkey, Thailand, Phillipines, South America - actually from all over, so many countries!

I think you will have a wonderful time on Infinity, she is our favorite and we have enjoyed every sailing we've had on her. We board in 2 weeks and we are looking forward to it! Our experience has been that the crew and staff are helpful, friendly and do their best to make the cruise special.

From the wonderful crew we've met, many are from Eastern Europe (Romania, Hungary, etc.), Turkey, Thailand, Phillipines, South America - actually from all over, so many countries!

I think you will have a wonderful time on Infinity, she is our favorite and we have enjoyed every sailing we've had on her. We board in 2 weeks and we are looking forward to it! Our experience has been that the crew and staff are helpful, friendly and do their best to make the cruise special. Make sure you have dinner at least once in the SS United States for a special dinner experience!

Booked on the Solstice April 25th. So good to hear the positive comments, now we are really looking forward to it. Just can't make our minds up yet regarding tours and which type if dining to take, but we will.:) Thanks everyone for you comments.

Archived