Specialty Restaurants On Solstice

Luvtoeat

Tuscan Grille. They were very attentive and the food was wonderful.

I would chose Murano. My experience in Tuscan Grill was less than perfect. The food was fine, but the service was not up to par for a Celebrity specialy restaurant (2/21 sailing on Solstice)

Murano. We just got off the Solstice last Sunday. We ate at the Tuscan Grille and at Murano. Tuscan was good, but I was blown away by Murano. The food was absolutely spectacular. I had ordered a fish dish that just did not do it for me, so they prepared me another entrée that was excellent. Every bite from appetizer to dessert was incredible.

The view from Tuscan - to the wake - was really nice, so if you do both I know you will have two wonderful meal experiences.

Have fun.

Murano's was flawless for me, even as a solo traveller. Diverse menu, nice wine list and attentive friendly staff. If it was a bit cheaper, I would have loved to have eaten there every night! :)

Murano. We just got off the Solstice last Sunday. We ate at the Tuscan Grille and at Murano. Tuscan was good, but I was blown away by Murano. The food was absolutely spectacular. I had ordered a fish dish that just did not do it for me, so they prepared me another entrée that was excellent. Every bite from appetizer to dessert was incredible.

The view from Tuscan - to the wake - was really nice, so if you do both I know you will have two wonderful meal experiences.

Have fun.

Hi Patt,:) Just wanted to say you have the cutest Avator:D

and glad you enjoyed Murano's too:)

ATTABOY -----THAT'S THE SPIRIT

i HAVE DINED IN BOTH AND THEY ARE GREAT---YOU WILL LOVE THEM BOTH

AND THIS WAY YOU CAN TELL US WHICH ONE you LIKED THE BEST :):)

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE-----NO SUCH THING AS A BAD ONE ;)

Only ate at Murano once.... it was lovely. We called shortly after embarkation and got one of the last 6:30pm table for 2 . Otherwise it only had 9:30 tables left. Of course, people do cancel, but then you are not certain if you get in at all. On the other hand, first evening is typically the quietest and always looking for guests to fill the restaurant. Then again, may be they hold back some tables for suite guests, that's where your butler can be useful.

Didn't eat at Tuscan or Silk Harvest, but had a nice long look on a day 1 " specialty restaurant tour" . Tuscan has a magnificent aft view, with lots of tables for 2 by the window. One comment that didn't attract me was " this restaurant has big portions, and is popular for families" ( same comment for Silk Harvest). My preference is something like Murano that provides a quiet ambience and elegant presentation, and certainly very tasty food.

We did both, and I have to say, preferred Tuscan Grill, for one thing, the setting; we were at a window overlooking the wake of ship, which is lit up. also, the service was slightly less formal, but somehow more attentive than Murano, also, great wine list & advice. Food was equal at both I'd say, Murano was great too, but Tuscan suited us best.

Will be on the Solstice at the end of May and booking included one meal in a specialty restaurant. If you could only eat one dinner in a specialty restaurant which restaurant would you choose. :)

Well - the situation would never present itself to me as I know I can eat there twice and would likely either do both Muranos (my first choice) and the Tuscan Grill - especially if I had a name like Luvtoeat!

• 4 weeks later...

We are going on the 6/27 sailing and we were debating about which specialtyrestaurant to book, but my Partner wanted to to Murano's. Over the years, We have been very spoiled by Murano's on the Century and the Olympic on Millennium and we have great expectations for Solstice. The menus were a toss-up...

We also read a reveiw that Syrjan (tall, thin, dark hair, Romanian) is now the Maitre' D of Tuscan Grill on Solstice. He was one of our favorite waiters (and in the process of being promoted at that time) on Century and met him on a couple of other cruises. One of his famous sayings lives on with us "Too Bad; So Sad..." Though it has been a while --I am sure he will remember us...:D

We are still considering having dinner at the Tuscan Grille, but in all the discussion I have not been convinced - other than it had a great view.

Please tell me something to convince me (and my Partner :p) to make a second reservation..

We ate at all 3 on Equinox in Feb. All 3 were excellent and I can honestly say I do not remember seeing any children in any of them. I am surprised about the "family" remark.:confused:

I would rate them in this order: Murano's, Tuscan & Silk Harvest. But all equally excellent!!!

I had a steak I could cut with a fork in Murano's. They also seated our group of 6 in the wine cellar. We had a large booth for 4 and 2 chairs in Tuscan and were very pleased with the food as well as the service. We went as 2 to Silk and they waited on us hand & foot and brought samples of almost everything on the menu for us to try, the Sashimi & Sushi was to die for!

We would have eaten in all 3 again if dining in Blu wasn't also so wonderful.

Mureno's and TG are the same price.

They are not the same price. Murano's is $35 pp, Tuscan is $30 pp & Silk is $25pp. They changed the prices a while back. We paid $30, $25 & $15 respectively in February. I got these new one's right off the Celebrity web site.

Archived