If it's red it's locked !!!

I think that the not flushing comes from people who do not want to touch the handle of the toilet. I also hate it when I have to clean up a mess.

Use your foot. I guess that dosen't cross their minds. I HATE, HATE, HATE public restrooms. I will hold it until my eyes about pop out! I do not use the public restrooms on the ship. I travel back to my cabin ( it's cleaner, if only in my mind).

This thread is yuck, yucky, stomach turning, gaging, hope I don't think about this thread when I eat NASTY.

Use your foot. I guess that dosen't cross their minds. I HATE, HATE, HATE public restrooms. I will hold it until my eyes about pop out! I do not use the public restrooms on the ship. I travel back to my cabin ( it's cleaner, if only in my mind).

I wipe down the cabin myself when I get in there. I bring a lot of clorox wipes with me. I know it's not perfect, but I feel better. Is that wrong? :)

:eek: I owned a commercial (office) cleaning company for many years....and I can state with absolute authority that when it it comes to public bathrooms WOMEN are the most disgusting, dirty pigs on the face of the planet.

The Men's bathrooms were never ,ever as bad as the Womens. The amount of soiled paper on the Women's floor is staggering...why...because these bird brains are afraid to touch ANYTHING. They are so germaphobic that they , not the germs , are the problem. Yes, this means YOU. Time to grow up and act like a responsible intelligent adult.

And of course I know, and acknowledge that not EVERY female is like that....God bless those ones.

I wipe down the cabin myself when I get in there. I bring a lot of clorox wipes with me. I know it's not perfect, but I feel better. Is that wrong? :)

Not wrong at all. I have read on this board about what a waste it is since you can't wipe down the whole ship. I do it, and I wll continue to. It gives me a piece of mind that I did what I could. Especially in that small space where so many others had been before me.

If people are nasty enough to do such things in public, what do you think they do in private:rolleyes:

This is so funny! I must have told my husband 10x's on this same Indy cruise that I would open a restroom door that was white and find a woman sitting on the seat yelling at me that she was still in there! Do you not lock your toilet door in public?;

And yes, people are disgusting, rude, etc... I'm a retail manager and I have no faith in humanity.

I'm a retail manager too. Just yesterday a mom and her child were in

the store. The kid puked on our carpet (couldn't managed to

puke on the wood floor). The mother said "after you clean this up I

need help with a pair of shoes. " :eek::eek:

I think I'd hand her a roll of paper towels and a plastic bag and then walk away. Why do people think when they are out in public others should take care of them?

When I worked in a large hotel the office staff was allowed to use the main public restroom on the first floor. Mainly so we could pick up after the public who used it. I find I still pick up trash, wipe down the counter and alert the manager about messes in the restrooms. I agree women are far more messy in a public restroom than men.

On a cruise, I try my best not to use the public restrooms. I won't sit until I've wiped the seat and prepared it with laid out strips of toilet paper. I'm paranoid about touching surfaces in a restroom and open the door or push the handicap button with a clean towel. Heck, I'm even paranoid about the towel dispenser button and faucet handles.

While waiting in line someone behind me went and looked at the doors and said I think red means it is open.....If red meant it was open don't you think I would be in there now instead of waiting in line.....I hope they don't drive I mean the stop sign is red and means stop and the red light on the red, yellow and green traffic light hmmm that means stop too!!

Here in California it is a state law that all public bathrooms must have those paper seat covers. I think it is a good law and hate when I go to states that don't require it.

In factI don't get why they don't require it. It is the first thing I always notice when I'm at an airport in another state and use the restroom and go to get the seat cover and there isn't one :(

It always strikes me that there seems to me less sprinkle on the seats in England than in the U.S.. Anyone else noticed this or is it my imagination?

I can't speak for England, but in France I swear no-one sits on the toilet seats. Public bathrooms are nasty.

Nope it´s nothing wrong with feeling good, but stop reading my post now as I want you to continue feeling good about it;)

Do those people that wipe down their cabin do this twice a day each day?

I hope you all realize that everytime the steward comes in he will clean your cabin and bathroom with the same rugs he used for all cabins in his/her section ;)

I hope you all realize that everytime the steward comes in he will clean your cabin and bathroom with the same rugs he used for all cabins in his/her section ;)

Sometimes they use the dirty towels in your bathroom. youtube has lots of fun housekeeping videos. you basically have to treat all public surfaces as hazmat.

Sometimes they use the dirty towels in your bathroom. youtube has lots of fun housekeeping videos. you basically have to treat all public surfaces as hazmat.

Or they first clean all the toiletts and then use the same rug to clean the bathroom sink and after that the glasses:eek:

One solution is treating the public surfaces as hazmat, the other possibility is to just lighten up and get a bit less germaphobe. ;)

Or they first clean all the toiletts and then use the same rug to clean the bathroom sink and after that the glasses:eek:

One solution is treating the public surfaces as hazmat, the other possibility is to just lighten up and get a bit less germaphobe. ;)

i have to go hazmat, lol.

going to add that most people are so careful in the cabins/bathrooms but they hold onto the railing all the way down the stairs. That is major germ factor. like shaking hands with 1,000 people.

going to add that most people are so careful in the cabins/bathrooms but they hold onto the railing all the way down the stairs. That is major germ factor. like shaking hands with 1,000 people.

And what about the tongs in the WJ:eek::eek:

That's why we normally in the the MDR or elsewhere. Just started doing this a few cruises back.

Why is it so hard to understand when in the public restrooms onboard ( womens, on the INDY last week ), that when the dial below the handle is showing red it means it's locked and occupied..It never failed at how many times women were knocking on and jiggling the handles yelling "Is anyone in there" ?)..However... on a more disgusting note..Why and how are the "Aim" of so many women so far off target.:eek: ??..YIKES..clean up after yourselves :mad::mad:

I think if someone asked me if there was someone in the stall after jiggling the handle and finding it locked, I'd have to answer rather loudly, "Yes there's someone in here. Where you planning on crawling underneath the door if no one answered?"

Nope, I own a bowling center and the women's room is always worse than the men's. Cannot explain it.

And no, we don't sell alcohol so the drunk men don't stumble into the wrong restroom. ;)

Tim

Bowling without beer? No beer frames? That's unAmerican!!!:(

My bowling days are long behind me, but in the day, I absolutely had to have one or two beers loosen me up before I could bowl decently.

A 150 bowler before beer, 180+ after. :D

Nope it´s nothing wrong with feeling good, but stop reading my post now as I want you to continue feeling good about it;)

Do those people that wipe down their cabin do this twice a day each day?

Actually, thanks to my wonderful CC friends, I learned this long ago, and yes, I do wipe down the cabins every day! I know, so pathetic, and BF thought I was nuts, but then I explained it to him, and now he's glad that I spend so much time on here! :eek: I seriously buy out the travel section of clorox wipes at Target before we leave. As soon as we walk in, the remote, light switches, and bathrooms get a full scrub down.

As to the French poster, when I lived in France, if I ever found an actual toilet, instead of a hole in the ground, I was really happy! I went to school in France for a year in 4th grade while my dad did sabbatical, and our school had only one stall for girls that was an actual toilet--it was horrible! I would hold it all day. :eek:

Actually, thanks to my wonderful CC friends, I learned this long ago, and yes, I do wipe down the cabins every day! I know, so pathetic, and BF thought I was nuts, but then I explained it to him, and now he's glad that I spend so much time on here! :eek: I seriously buy out the travel section of clorox wipes at Target before we leave. As soon as we walk in, the remote, light switches, and bathrooms get a full scrub down.

OK :eek::eek::eek:

I have a friend that's a real germ freak - on one of our cruises she wouldn't hold the hand railing - as usual - and when we were leaving the auditorium, she fell - went down on her face - chipped a tooth, hurt her eye, bruised her face - spent a couple of hours in the doctors office - since then she holds the rail! She would have been better off taking her chances with the germs. But at least she learned her lesson - washes her hands a lot but that's okay - in fact that's good.:)

On my last cruise, I had a couple of people jiggle the LOCKED door and holler if someone was in there. Why? There are 2 or 3 other OPEN stalls...why do you need mine? "Yessssss...I'm in here" yeesh.

I don't understand how people can make a mess either. i wish those who do would at least anonymously post here and explain why they don't wipe the seat after they tinkle...or why they put in MASS amounts of toilet paper in the toilet. Give me a break. It always seems when I see these kinds of discussions, NO one is ever guilty of it.

I will admit that sometimes after I flush, water sprinkles up...I still clean it! I don't think to myself...well, not my problem. I clean it, put the paper in the sanitary box or trash can next to the toilet and go on my merry way. I'm sure the person coming in behind me is grateful LOL!

To all of you who use your foot to flush, think about the next person who uses their hand and then uses that same hand to open the stall. All the yuck that was on your foot is now on the door handle :eek:.

Sound good in theory and may make you feel better but in the long run . . . . (who knows you may be opening that door after someone who just did this!)

and while I'm at it, what about those that come out of the stall, take the paper towels (using their hands to pull the lever), then wash???

Do what you need to in the restroom, THEN wash your hands to get rid of it all. Use the towel to open the door and toss on the outside. If everyone did this we would all be better off!

Whew, thank to the OP for starting this thread and letting me get that off my chest :D.

Archived