dinning the first night

smudgie

You can go where ever you want on the first night-dining room, buffet, specialty restaurant etc.

I can believe that since you signed up April 5 you have had 60 posts. I know you are very excited but I strongly recommend leaving something to be a surprise when you get on the ship.

We always eat dinner in the main dining room on the first evening. This will get you familiar with the location of your table, if you are in traditional dining, and get to meet your waiters and tablemates.

During sailaway is when we hit the seafood buffet...as an appetizer.;)

We are always anxious to meet our tablemates, so we always go to the main diningroom. I have heard about the seafood buffet, but have never tried it.
I like to do both. The seafood buffet is a great late afternoon snack. We always have second seating traditional dining, so I need a little something in the afternoon to keep my appetite in check.

Check the Platter and see what you would like to do for the evening. This may determine your dinning choice. I like to go to the nice dinning the first night, let out a big yessssssssss this is the life, being waited on.:)

my husband asked what we are going to do for dinner the first night...(he thinks I have all the answers) hahah

what do others do? buffet, room service? or somthing fancy?

Depends on what dining choice you are set up for?

I am set up for 1st dining traditional at about 6pm, so I will go to my assigned(on your cruise card/room key) dining room the first night.

If you have Anytime dining go to the buffet, go to the Anytime dining room, go to a speciality restaurant,etc. So many choices.

The first night is casual no matter where you dine. Some passengers don't even have their luggage in their room by dinner time. Go as you wish the first night and have a great time.

Are shorts allowed in the dining room on the first night in case your luggage hasn't reached the cabin?

You don't need to tell them that your luggage hasn't arrived. ;) That's the only night they let you get away with shorts. Enjoy it.

I like to do both. The seafood buffet is a great late afternoon snack. We always have second seating traditional dining, so I need a little something in the afternoon to keep my appetite in check.

Never thought of that! Thanks for the suggestion :D. I am usually so caught up in trying to get a week booked in the Sanctuary that I forget about checking out the food...that lasts for about a half hour(!) and now I know where to head next:cool:

Jan

If it's your first cruise on Princess, I would recommend the dining room for dinner. It's a wonderful way to get your cruise off to a great start. You can always hit the buffet for a snack, or to eat if you don't like the dining room food.

We were just on the Crown last week and were with family with teenage boys. They wanted to eat together, but no in the dining room, so we ate in the buffet every night but the last night (when my wife and I went to the DR by ourselves).

I think the buffet is fine, and like to have lunch there (or pizza), but I'm not a big fan of the Cafe Caribe dinner buffet theme nights, and much prefer the DR. However, you will enjoy, whatever you do!

Mike

Are shorts allowed in the dining room on the first night in case your luggage hasn't reached the cabin?

Sorry, as stated on Princess dress guidelines...shorts are not allowed in the main dining rooms during the evenings.

Archived