florida resident cruise deals

big aft

Hi all,

We are in the process of retiring to Ft. Myers, and looking forward to more cruising!

Anyone have an idea of the Fl residence specials on Princess? In other words, we have been paying $700-900 PP for a balcony during various times of the year and curious what a FL resident may pay on a last minute deal.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi all,

We are in the process of retiring to Ft. Myers, and looking forward to more cruising!

Anyone have an idea of the Fl residence specials on Princess? In other words, we have been paying $700-900 PP for a balcony during various times of the year and curious what a FL resident may pay on a last minute deal.

Any thoughts?

Thanks[/quo

I don't think you can do much better for a balcony than what you are currently paying no matter where you live.

I get some great last minute deals emailed to me by a lot of cruise lines but I live in NY. The only problem is that the last minute flight is sometimes more than the cruise. Well.... that and the fact that I can't take off from work on such short notice.

Although other cruise lines have frequent Florida Resident rates , Princess seldom does.

However , Princess has FLASH Rates .Rate code FLA (sometimes confused as meaning "Florida" which is not correct).

These are close in heavily discounted rates offered after final payment date passes, new bookings only. Offered to "everyone" on sailings that have not booked well.

You won't find them on the Princess website , TA's receive notification of these FLASH Rates.:)

I use a Florida based TA to book all our trips & have never seen any special deals for only Florida residents. As mentioned in other posts there are flash specials from time to time but nothing special for residents only.

On a side note - The local TA near where we live has window posting of all their specials and after checking them for the past 5 years I've never seen anything close to what I can find online. A typical "deal" from that TA is usually $795 p/p for an inside cabin (7 day) on HAL or Celebrity.

Up until 2 years ago a there was another local TA including free bus transportation with their cruise specials but has discontinued their transportation offer and their prices are nothing special.

The Sunday paper also has a lot of specials advertised but usually don't include port & government fees. Lots of ad's for MSC & Carnival but not usually Princess.

Book cruise in the late Sept to early Dec and Jan to May excluding holidays & special dates for the best deals.

As far as just what kind of close in prices are available from Florida, a recent Star Princess 7 night Caribbean cruise (4/10/10) :

FLASH rates= Inside $399 , Balcony $699 , Mini-suite $849 (+ gov't tax).

No Princess air or Princess insurance available , cabins are guarantee's .

Tell your TA to keep an eye out for you if you can take advantage should a FLASH Rate become available.

Thanks for all the good input!

Not paying airfare alone will come close to adding an additional cruise!

Regards

It's not quite that cheap since there is transportation to get to the port but it's still better than flying these days with the extra charges for luggage & limited amounts of liquor that you can bring home. :D

There are last minute flash specials that are available to everyone through travel agents. The benefit to you is that you will be within driving distance of the pier and can take advantage of them (verses I can't).

Archived