Live From The Sun!

cruiserforlife

Host Anne - Can't wait for your review as we will be on the Sun for Feb 27 sailing & plan to join the CC group for sailaway

Cruzzers - Have a wonderful voyage - Bring her back safely to port as we will sail 2/27 - Glad weather improving & seas are calm. Yes, we will start packing Mon. Enjoy yourself & thanks for any comments you offer.

C&B Cruise, Lindamalocup & BMC Alabama - See ya Feb 27:)

Charlene - We are also taking the Martinique by land & sea tour & are elated that it was a great tour for you. Looking forward to it also. On previous cruise to St. Lucia, we also did the catamaran to the pitons & thought it was beautiful & enjoyable.

I have a few of questions. Not sure if anyone knows the answer to the first one but I will ask anyways.

My kids enjoy drinking Slushies (frozen soda) they drank them when we were on NCL and RCL. Does Princess have them? And are they included on the soda card.? Can add up over 10 days.

Is there a chocolate buffet?

And lastly (for the moment lol) how many and what nights are the formal dinners.

TIA

Dreamer

sorry, no slushies....

no chocolate buffet....

2 formal nights on a 10 day cruise...but not sure which nights...it might depend on the itinerary...ours on the 19th of March has a 'rare' reverse itinerary, so I am not sure which nights might be formal on that one. We will know as soon as we get into our room.

Dreamer

No Slushies that I have seen on Princess, same goes for the Chocolate Buffet I am sorry to say. There are only two formal nights on the 7 & 10 day cruises. I think its the 2nd night and the night before the last night. I have seen that change due to unforseen circumstances though. I have to say Princess is one of the more casual cruise lines.

Thank-you Chrysalis and JC for the quick responses.

I guess we will still go. haha.

The kids won't mind about the slushies and I for one

probably do not need any more calories.

Looking forward to some sun on the "Sun"

March 9th isn't coming soon enough.

Its snowing here now

Dreamer

Morning Sun Cruisers!

And a beautiful day it is here in (currently) sunny Northern California in between the rain drops.

Charlene,

Glad you had such a great cruise.I'll tell you,the hits just keep coming for the Sun!There is absolutely nothing wrong with this ship (...ok,maybe something small that I can't think of right now...),she's the perfect size,has a really great itineary,really fabulous food,and a staff that is just wowing everyone recently with stunning service.

Personally,I have never had a Princess staff that was so attentive.My room steward was practically invisable,the room just got magically made up...everyday!

To all of you who will be boarding the Sun soon,have a great cruise and keep us posted live if you can.It is nice that this thread brings so much joy to so many people.

To all of you who will be boarding the Sun soon,have a great cruise and keep us posted live if you can.It is nice that this thread brings so much joy to so many people.

cruiserforlife...Thanks for starting it all! It makes those of us with plans to sail the Sun have so much to look forward to! Really brightens my day!!! Thanks, again...Sue

Hello all:

On the Sun March 9 departure. It says we leave Ft. Lauderdale. I looked through the travel docs and the

Princes site and I could not find anything about specific

directions to were we actually get on the Sun. Can you

tell me is it Port Everglades Terminal 2?. I think it is

You would figure it would be mentioned somewhere for those that are driving.

Thanks

Dreamer

Hello all:

On the Sun March 9 departure. It says we leave Ft. Lauderdale. I looked through the travel docs and the

Princes site and I could not find anything about specific

directions to were we actually get on the Sun. Can you

tell me is it Port Everglades Terminal 2?. I think it is

You would figure it would be mentioned somewhere for those that are driving.

Thanks

Dreamer

We are on the voyage immediately before you and we will be returning to Pier 2 Northport.

Check to see where you will be returning because it could be in a different location. Ours leaves from 29 and returns to 2 which, like yourself, for those driving it makes for a bit of logistic shuffle. We will probably drop of luggage and DW and I'll drive the car to Northport and go back to the ship. If yours comes back to 2 then there is no problem.

We'll keep the light on for you and have a great cruise.

Thanks so much for all the "live" reports from the SUN. We will be on her on the 19th of March and I promise that I will write a report daily. I am so grateful for this thread that I feel that it only right to keep it going for the future "cruisers".

Question: What is the charge for the soft drink card for 10 days?

Bonnie:o

Hello all ~ I've been without internet access for the last three days as we have been doing college visits with our daughter and stayed in two B&Bs that didn't have any kind of access (and I couldn't even get phone access -- we were in the middle of New Hampshire and Vermont :) )

If anyone is sailing soon -- email me at aygoyer@one.net and I will send you the review tonight. I'm about to get on a plane to head home and will check email later this evening.

Hope everyone had a great time on their recent cruise and that those that are sailing soon have a wonderful time as well.

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know that I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. I'm still pretty sick and have another dr appt later this week. I am hoping to get the full review written and posted tonight or tomorrow. I'll try to write it on the train tonight. (If I don't do it soon, I'll start to forget things...)

Anyway, hope to hear more from those on board now and in the future. Love the virtual cruising almost as much as the real thing.

Anne,

Forgot to mention your review...I wasn't able to get all the way through it with all the packing and dust raising I was doing this wknd but Raina read it all and gave it a thumbs up!

'Chris,

Sorry to hear you're still sick.It took me awhile to feel better when I got home too.Thanks for checking in and I'll look forward to your review.

Anne has a great review, so when it is posted be sure to look it up.

Everyone seems to be getting sick recently, at least in Wisconsin. There is some sort of flu bug going around. My wife was sick all last week.

I hope none of you future cruisers come down with a bug. It isn't fun being on vacation and sick.

My cousin was to have cruised with us Jan 28 to Feb 7 but he missed the cruise due to pneumonia, so everyone stay well!!

Keep those posts from the Sun coming. Each one makes me feel a bit warmer.

David

You can look up the port location on Mapquest. Then there should be signs when you enter Port Everglades indicating where you should go to get to your ship. We have only left from there once, but I recall it wasn't really "busy" like Miami is. Not as large, either. Or . . .call Princess!

Can anyone tell me which ports we tender in to and which ones we'll dock at a pier? Also, I've read of various times when Princess uses some other pier - not the main one - in Charlotte Amalie or has tendered in on a couple of occassions (?). Thanks for any info!

We were scheduled to tender only in Princess Cays but due to the mechanical problem and change of ports, we actually ended up tendering in St. Maarten and Tortola as well. We were originally supposed to dock in Crown Bay while in St. Thomas but we were lucky and it was switched to Havensight (much better). Much of who docks where and who tenders depends on how many ships are in port on the day you are there. I have no idea how they decide who ports where or who has to tender but it does make a difference if you are in a port with a lot of other ships.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Maybe someone else can shed some light on how these decisions are made.

Thanks, Anne. At least you verified we MIGHT not dock at Havensight, though I REALLY hope we do! Esp. since newbies will be w/us! (Woops, I made a mistake! I have also been to St. Lucia, which is on our itinerary. I keep forgetting, that is NOT the itinerary most of the posters on here have been on. We're going to Princess Cays, St. Vincent and Grenada, St. Thos, St. Lucia and Martinique. But not in that order.) We were told when on the Voyager of the Seas that it depends upon who gets there first! I wondered if it depended upon which ship had the most passengers paying the most port charges! Someone suggested that if a ship doesn't "park" at the dock, they don't pay so much. Don't know if that is true. But the person who said that was also saying that rough water and wind was NOT the TRUE reason why that and other ships had not stopped at Grand Cayman for several wks. prior to our visit. However, I don't think that was accurate. We were LUCKY to stop last March as most snorkeling excursions were canceled for the same reason.

Archived