anyone still sailing on the old prices?

sawsea27

thank you for sharing with us what the old prices were...it is so easy to forget...and of course that is exactly what azamara would like for us to do is to forget....

and once there are no more sailing at old prices, it will just be a distant memory...and with it perhaps azamara as well....

many of us cant imagine that the ships will be filled with passengers willing to pay the new prices.

but there will always be some...as you see here, trying to convince us that the increase is really not that great...

well I am not convinced and neither is anyone esle who begins to compare the prices we paid with what they are now..

it is hoped of course that someone from azamara is reading this...and that perhaps there will be some easing of prices as time goes on so that we may return...

We are booked B2B on Holy Land Oct 10, and Med Oct 22. Inside, deck 7. The total was $7931 including taxes and fees ($6200 without) plus $150 OBC per leg.

We are booked B2B on Holy Land Oct 10, and Med Oct 22. Inside, deck 7. The total was $7931 including taxes and fees ($6200 without) plus $150 OBC per leg.

Both great itineraries at a great price ... enjoy!:)

Wow, that is approx $1,500.00pp (before taxes and port fees) for each 12 night cruise, correct? The 12 night next August (from Copenhagen - not Med but also Europe) is significantly more.

Yup, exactly $1500 pp. booked last Oct. because we really liked the itinerary....my TA called in Jan. telling me about the "new" Azamara. I figure between tips, etc. we are saving $5,000 to $6,000 off current pricing, if I am not mistaken...makes for an even greater cruise!! I won't be this lucky again, I am sure.

and to those who say azamara's prices are not significantly higher...take a good look at the above post....

Note that s/he also said, " I won't be this lucky again, I am sure."

Yes, some people received bargain basement prices ... and if you compare those prices, you'll find significant increases in the new prices. However, those prices are unrealistically low. Azamara couldn't possibly continue to operate by offering those rates. There are still deals if you search for them. But really, there is no point in 'crying over spilt milk'. If you missed ACC's great prices before the recent increase, chalk it up to experience and hope to take advantage of some deals in the future, whether with ACC or another cruise line.

Note that s/he also said, " I won't be this lucky again, I am sure."

Yes, some people received bargain basement prices ... and if you compare those prices, you'll find significant increases in the new prices. However, those prices are unrealistically low. Azamara couldn't possibly continue to operate by offering those rates. There are still deals if you search for them. But really, there is no point in 'crying over spilt milk'. If you missed ACC's great prices before the recent increase, chalk it up to experience and hope to take advantage of some deals in the future, whether with ACC or another cruise line.

+1

These were "introductory" prices for Azamara as the new line was struggling for recognition. How else could they compete with others if not with low prices (Oceania did the same thing when they started sailing and once established they raised their prices). Azamara could not continue sailing at these prices and survive (they possibly could, but would be more like Carnival than Oceania and I don't think anyone of us would want that).

everyone that I know , that has sailed with azamara for all these years is now saying that All good things come to an end...

they all say that they will not sail at azamaras new prices...

I dont know ANYONE that sailed at the old prices, that will now sail at the new...

and on this thread , no one has said they will..

did I miss someone?

did I miss someone?

Yes, me (see my thread at the top of this page.) Where2next agreed that she would cruise with them again. I get the impression that Paulchili would too.

Also, have a look at the new thread posted by DebsUK who just returned from a 24 day cruise on Quest. She responded to another poster's inquiry asking this question.

I am totally sick to death of all the NEGATIVITY on this thread. I have cruised Azamara at a great price and I am booked on another at the NEW prices. I am willing to pay the price for this experience.

STOP THE WHINING!!! We got great deals for the past few years, longer than we should have. IMHO the prices were WELL below what they should have been and those of us who got them were darn lucky!!!!

ATTENTION KMART SHOPPERS!!!! Those of you bellyaching got a deal and you obviously are not the type of traveller that should be booking these type of cruises.

Azamara is pricing right as they should be for a line of quality. The reviews are good and I am sure that the website will be brought up to par soon.

Bellyachers be GONE........back to the Carnival threads for you! :p

Cindi - Amen! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sawsea - sailed three times with Azamara at the old prices. I know that I got fabulous deals. Love the ships and the experience. Already have two booked at the new prices and, if the itineraries are right, will book more.

We can sail any line that we want and we choose Azamara.

Sue

Cindi - Amen! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sawsea - sailed three times with Azamara at the old prices. I know that I got fabulous deals. Love the ships and the experience. Already have two booked at the new prices and, if the itineraries are right, will book more.

We can sail any line that we want and we choose Azamara.

Sue

Thanks Sue!!

I was just sick to death of the folks looking that gift horse in the mouth!!!

I feel like I won the lottery by getting the prices I did in the past. As far as I am concerned, even at the new prices we are still getting GREAT VALUE!!!

I am a fan!!!! AZAMARA ROCKS !!!!!

Anybody who doesnt want to travel with the "crappy" X tickets can give them to ME! I will BE HAPPY to go in your place!!!! LOL :D

everyone that I know , that has sailed with azamara for all these years is now saying that All good things come to an end...

I dont know ANYONE that sailed at the old prices, that will now sail at the new...

and on this thread , no one has said they will..

did I miss someone?

I think so. We are booked at the prices currently on Azamara's web site for a repositioning cruise next year. It depends if you consider approx $2K for a 12 night in an Inside or $2,500.00pp in a Verandah for 12 nights a good or bad price? Please let me know?

And yes, we paid less this year and ended up in the PH for 14 nights, and will never have that deal again.

Who is saying that?

Thanks Sue!!

I was just sick to death of the folks looking that gift horse in the mouth!!!

I feel like I won the lottery by getting the prices I did in the past. As far as I am concerned, even at the new prices we are still getting GREAT VALUE!!!

I am a fan!!!! AZAMARA ROCKS !!!!!

Anybody who doesnt want to travel with the "crappy" X tickets can give them to ME! I will BE HAPPY to go in your place!!!! LOL :D

There were no "gift horses" available to people who want or need to sail round trip from the U.S. West Coast. Azamara had no ships out there.

Lots of West Coast cruisers, many who have status with Celebrity, but who don't like to fly, would have loved to try the product had it been closer to their home port.

There will be two round trip cruises from Los Angeles in early 2011 on Azamara. BUT they will be at the new, much higher prices.

Too late...unless Azamara gets creative and offers some significant deals to West Coast cruisers (deeply discounted resident rates) for those two Sea of Cortez cruises.

Those deals better be offered soon, though, because people are making plans NOW.

I am an RCL shareholder, just FYI.

Actually, if you look at a number of the new itineraries, it doesn't matter if you live on the east coast or the west coast. You will have to fly to join an Azamara cruise. That's fine with me - makes the itineraries more interesting.

We met lots of wonderful people on our previous Azamara cruises from the west coast, from the east coast, from Europe, etc.

FYI- I am a stockholder as well.

Actually, if you look at a number of the new itineraries, it doesn't matter if you live on the east coast or the west coast. You will have to fly to join an Azamara cruise. That's fine with me - makes the itineraries more interesting.

We met lots of wonderful people on our previous Azamara cruises from the west coast, from the east coast, from Europe, etc.

FYI- I am a stockholder as well.

Concur.

We met lots of wonderful people on our previous Azamara cruises from the west coast, from the east coast, from Europe, etc. .

I don't dispute that at all. My point was that for the people who DO want to cruise from their homeport or nearby that it was not possible for those people to have cruised from the West Coast on Azamara.

Many of the early cruisers (not all, of course) who wanted to try out the brand but who did not want to fly got no "gift horse", i.e. they will have to pay a much higher price to cruise on Azamara when one of the ships finally makes it to the West Coast.

I do rather object to the suggestion that everyone who has experienced Azamara at the old prices but say that it is not value at the new prices are expecting a top product at bargain basement prices. IMHO this may be true for some but not everyone. Some of us have made a rational evaluation.

We are perfectly prepared to pay high prices for a product that merits the price and Azamara does not stand the comparison for us. We have been on Quest in the Penthouse Suite and maintain that the standard of furnishings and decor of these suites does not merit the new prices. We are paying the equivalent of the NEW per day price to stay in a suite overlooking the harbour at the Peninsula in Hong Kong following our next cruise on Quest [at the old prices]. IMHO the Peninsula [including in that price transport to and from the hotel in their iconic green Rolls Royces, COMPLIMENTARY minibar and most food] is worth the price. The standard of furnishings, decor and facilities FAR exceed the Penthouse Suite on Quest.

If you are looking for a cruise ship comparison. We have also had Celebrity Suites on X M-class ships. Again, the standard of furnishings and decor, if not the size, of the Celebrity Suites far exceed that of Quest's Penthouse Suites. The service onboard Quest was, on our cruise, outstanding and worth paying for BUT we have equivalent excellent service on our last cruise on Infinity. IMHO excellent service is a little more the luck of the draw on X than A BUT like for like the price is considerably less. And we know that the M-class ships are all being refurbished when Azamara seem to be complacently saying that their ships have already been upgraded.

Just wanted to make it clear that ours is a reasoned opinion and not simply soured grapes.

Sue

Many of the early cruisers (not all, of course) who wanted to try out the brand but who did not want to fly got no "gift horse", i.e. they will have to pay a much higher price to cruise on Azamara when one of the ships finally makes it to the West Coast.

When Azamara does sail from the West Coast, yes, the prices will be at the higher rate, but you'll save both the hassle and cost of flying. It would have been nice for you to have both advantages (low cruise fare/no flying)....but with only two ships, Azamara couldn't sail from all of the ports that people wanted them to.

well yes there seem to be a few that will pay anything to sail on azamara no matter what..and of course azamara is counting on them to keep them afloat...

and for those who are sick of this topic...you have a choice, dont read, dont post and start a new topic...

here is a suggestion...

how many would sail azamara , no matter what the price?

go for it....

We booked our cruise on Azamara many months in advance of sailing & well before they announced plans to become semi-inclusive. So we ended up sailing on the “new” Azamara at the “old” prices. Our good luck as we enjoyed many of the newly introduced amenities at virtually no cost.

If we sailed Azamara again, we would not compare their “old” and “new” prices. The product has changed so what’s the point? But we would certainly compare Azamara to other cruise lines to make a judgment on their relative value. We select cruises based on itinerary & ports. But once that decision is made, what matters most to us is the quality of our on-board (hotel) experience - food, accommodation, service. Based on our recent & limited experience with the “new” Azamara, they would come up short in this comparison.

Hi all,

I just noticed this thread. Last summer I booked the Quest for a cruise this summer, so I will be getting the "new" Azamara at the old price. I am also booked on the Quest for an Asia cruise next year at the new price. These will be my first Azamara cruises, so we'll see how we like them. The main reason for choosing Azamara was a combination of earning Celebrity credits (this summer's cruising will get us to Elite/Discoverer level), the ports visited, and the onboard experience. Frankly, the new Azamara prices look OK to me (but not fabulous) for what will be provided. If the first cruise disappoints us we can always cancel the second.

We booked our cruise on Azamara many months in advance of sailing & well before they announced plans to become semi-inclusive. So we ended up sailing on the “new” Azamara at the “old” prices. Our good luck as we enjoyed many of the newly introduced amenities at virtually no cost.

If we sailed Azamara again, we would not compare their “old” and “new” prices. The product has changed so what’s the point? But we would certainly compare Azamara to other cruise lines to make a judgment on their relative value. We select cruises based on itinerary & ports. But once that decision is made, what matters most to us is the quality of our on-board (hotel) experience - food, accommodation, service. Based on our recent & limited experience with the “new” Azamara, they would come up short in this comparison.

I just finished reading both of your reviews, i.e. Azamara Journey and Oceania Regatta. Thank you so very much for those two reviews. They gave me a lot of information that is helpful in making a choice.

Archived