anyone still sailing on the old prices?

sawsea27

Maybe. We just booked the repositioning cruise in April 2011 from Dubai to Athens. My DH wanted all of those sea days. I have wanted to go to Dubai.

In any event, I don't think the prices have moved, but I could be wrong about that. I guess this is one way to get our monies worth as there is only one port stop in Eqypt during this 12 night itinerary.

We booked our cruise departing 19 February 2011 at the old prices with a £400 [approx. US$580] early booking discount and $700 OBC. I calculate that we have "saved" in the region of US$5,800 against current prices. Definitely a great deal but, having sailed previously in the same suite, I do not think it is worth the the current price.

Sue

oh wow...you guys did amazingly well...I am sooooo jealous...

I wonder what others who have just booked now think of paying so much more to get basically what they have had in the past..unless they can drink $1000 worth of wine...

what will happen when all those who have booked at the old prices are done?

will they fool others into the new bookings ..well that is their hope anyway?

I just got a brochure sent to me..outlining all the new prices....with no promotions of any kind...the bs about 2 for 1....

well of course I am hoping that someone will be reading these posts...and maybe trying to lure us back with some "real" offers..

but I guess not much will happen, until all who have booked with old prices have sailed and no one else is fooled into booking at the new ones..

but you can always fool some of the people some of the time..and of course they are counting on that...

Hi Everyone !

There are special offers out there. Maybe not for all itineraries, but keep checking. We are not allowed to disclose specific TA names or websites, but I urge you to do your homework. One hint. Use search engines. I find them very helpful.

I usually dont make mistakes about finding great Cruise deals, but I really messed up, by not booking Azamara before the prices went up. In fairness to Azamara, they were kind enough to give us plenty of notice.... yet for some reason, I didnt take advantage of it. In hindsight, I truly wish I did !

Sailing May 29th. Booked last August when we were on board. At that time we thought the Quest was a hidden gem, consequently booked our up coming. We are elite on Celebrity; so our status will carry over. Won't be able to assess the situation until we sail again. Know we will have a wonderful cruise, but with the new pricing will booking an ALL inclusive for a bit more money make more sense? We shall see.

Sailing on Sept 20th on the Quest at roughly half of current fares.

Should have booked a suite:D

that is exactly what I have been thinking...maybe we will get an upgrade at the ship being only barely half full.

yes, leave on Saturday for a B2B on Journey...can't wait and what a bargain!!! I will come back with wonderful things to say.;)

Hi Wookeef !

I wanted to wish you a wonderful B2B on Journey. Bon Voyage !

Maybe. We just booked the repositioning cruise in April 2011 from Dubai to Athens. My DH wanted all of those sea days. I have wanted to go to Dubai.

In any event, I don't think the prices have moved, but I could be wrong about that. I guess this is one way to get our monies worth as there is only one port stop in Eqypt during this 12 night itinerary.

Meant to say I am booked at exactly what is on the web site right now but not sure if these fares were ever lower than $1,900.00pp (Inside) to $2,499.00 (Verandah). Last year pre-paid gratuities were being offered but that would be a wash now. OBC was being offered last year, but we just got some booking onboard Celebrity and they have a whole bunch of these that can not combined. Maybe someone can tell me if I missed a better deal or not?

One thing I will say is that I wanted to do the cruise from Israel and DH said no way because I would be in port all day, there was only one sea day and prices exorbitant considering we would be off the ship 8 out of the 9 days.

Hi Everyone !

There are special offers out there. Maybe not for all itineraries, but keep checking. We are not allowed to disclose specific TA names or websites, but I urge you to do your homework. One hint. Use search engines. I find them very helpful.

I usually dont make mistakes about finding great Cruise deals, but I really messed up, by not booking Azamara before the prices went up. In fairness to Azamara, they were kind enough to give us plenty of notice.... yet for some reason, I didnt take advantage of it. In hindsight, I truly wish I did !

Andy, the problem for us is that we already went to Asia this February and were waiting for the Europe 2011 prices. There was nothing to mess up as they came out at the new (250% increased) prices.

yes hindsight..wish we had booked a year ago as well...

now all I can do is be jealous of those who did...

as far as looking for other TA's andy...yes of course...we always took advantage of that after booking ...then turning it over to one of them for further discounts...

yes those were the bargain days...

I booked last October before the price jump and during a week when Azamara was offering $500 OBC and a TA $650 for a suite, so we booked a SS. We're paying approximately a little less than a 1B at today's prices. With all the OBC we have and with all that is now included (I do love my wine!), I'm feeling pretty smug!

This is our first time on Azamara and it's our big anniversary trip, but at the current prices, I'm not sure I'd spend such a premium over Celebrity unless the itinerary was fabulous.

We are sailing on a Baltic cruise on the Journey in July booked last summer, thank goodness.

I don't know if we would have been able to swing this trip under the new rates. The itinerary was too good to pass up...three days in St. Petersburg was the golden apple for me even though I have been there before on an extended land trip.

I was planning on doing the Quest Asia next year on a girl trip at the new rate but scheduling problems just couldn't be overcome. I thought that itinerary, even at the new rate, was worth the cost and am really sorry that I can't leave the hubby at home and hit the high seas for a unique trip. Maybe one of these days I can get the CPA in my life to retire and we can take this trip together.

If Azamara can continue unique itineraries with overnight port stays we will give it first consideration.

We booked what I call an option for a future cruise this last February. There is a term they use that escapes me now. We have just decided on an Aprill 17th 2011 cruise out of Rome. Haven't talked to our TA yet, but I wouldn't imagine they will give us the old rates just because we sort of booked on board in Feb.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

wish we had booked all sorts of cruises before they skyrocketted the prices...

anyone still enjoying those?

make me salivate...

We booked our cruise in july almost a year ago, so we got the lower prices, even an upgrade to the spa deck...great for those who dont care for smoke! If our son who is getting married while on the cruise on the beach we might not have gotten our cabin when we did!no

We booked our cruise in july almost a year ago, so we got the lower prices, even an upgrade to the spa deck...great for those who dont care for smoke! If our son who is getting married while on the cruise on the beach we might not have gotten our cabin when we did!no

:confused:Sounds like you're on the wrong board. The spa is on deck 9, and deck 9 has no cabins. Or am I missing something?

We booked what I call an option for a future cruise this last February. There is a term they use that escapes me now. We have just decided on an Aprill 17th 2011 cruise out of Rome. Haven't talked to our TA yet' date=' but I wouldn't imagine they will give us the old rates just because we sort of booked on board in Feb.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance.[/quote']

No. The rate is whatever it is on the Azamara web site (taking into account any Senior rate or possible residential rate).

Plus, I believe that is a new itinerary and there was no old rate. The only bad thing about Azamara'a "Options" is, unlike HAL, once you pick a specific cruise and date you have to pay the full deposit which is now $550.00 pp (or at least on the 10-14 night cruises). If you had just booked anything such as the Caribbean itinerary and than transferred the booking to the European itinerary you would still have the $100.00pp deposit until final payment.

Archived