eclipse cabin problem, now what do I do?

rucruisn2

We picked cabin 1126 for our TA on Eclipse because it a CC cabin and on the hump angle, close to the elevator. I wanted the larger balcony that everyone says these angle cabins have. Well, a fellow cruiser peaked at the cabin while onboard the other day and reported back that the balcony is regular size! How can this be?? Ship diagram clearly shows it on the angle, and no other angle cabins are available.

That you should probably pay less attention to your fellow cruiser; a peek--probably from the corridor--wouldn't afford much perspective... The verandahs on the angles are oversized; they are no wider left-to-right than ship standard but they do extend out further than the norm and are irregularly shaped to follow the angle...

They are certainly not super-sized like the M-Class afts are...

My recommendation is that you relax...

We picked cabin 1126 for our TA on Eclipse because it a CC cabin and on the hump angle, close to the elevator. I wanted the larger balcony that everyone says these angle cabins have. Well, a fellow cruiser peaked at the cabin while onboard the other day and reported back that the balcony is regular size! How can this be?? Ship diagram clearly shows it on the angle, and no other angle cabins are available.

According to the deck plans, you do have an angled balcony that is larger than the ordinary stateroom balconies. Your "fellow cruiser" appears to be mistaken.

Enjoy your cruise.

I couldn't find any info on the sticky thread on this cabin, so I thought I'd throw it out to my cruise critic buddies to come thru for me. Some one out there must have stayed in this stateroom on Solstice or Equinox? I got my DH to spring for the extra $$ by promising him a bigger balcony, now I'll be in trouble if it isn't there.

Hi

I'm sailing on the Eclipse tomorrow and am staying in cabin 1044 which is also on the hump, i can take some photo's of this cabin and post them if this is of any help to you.

Annette

I got my DH to spring for the extra $$ by promising him a bigger balcony, now I'll be in trouble if it isn't there.

It definitely has a larger balcony (about twice the size). If it doesn't I'll buy you a drink when I see you on the cruise. You may or may not think that's a great deal;)

Phil

It definitely has a larger balcony (about twice the size). If it doesn't I'll buy you a drink when I see you on the cruise. You may or may not think that's a great deal;)

Phil

Phil, Thanks for the drink, I'll buy you one too, from 4 to 6 in Michael's Club. Deal?

• 4 years later...

Hey, that's my Cabin!!!!! Not until 21st October 2015....so if your travelling before then, will you check out if there is a bed in the celing as their will be 4 of us in that room...lol.....And i booked it due to the larger bslcony too, so hoping that is in fact the case lol

ENJOY :D

Hey, that's my Cabin!!!!! Not until 21st October 2015....so if your travelling before then, will you check out if there is a bed in the celing as their will be 4 of us in that room...lol.....And i booked it due to the larger bslcony too, so hoping that is in fact the case lol

The Eclipse deck plan shows only a convertible sofa bed, no pull down upper berth.

The original postings were from 2010.