Accessories for bronze dress

SLois

I purchased a long dress with jacket in a satiny fabric. The label states the color as "mocha," but to me it looks bronze. Please help me to choose shoes, purse, and jewelry. There's not a lot of contrast between my hair color and the color of the dress, so I definitely need some contrast in the accessories.

Many thanks from a long-time lurker who has learned a lot from reading this board.

Bronze or mocha are neutrals...you could pretty much wear any other color with it. Give it a "pop" of color with red, turquoise...anything bright and jeweltoned. Stay away from more metallics if you can.

Shoes and purse don't need to match...they just have to "go" together!

I think a deep chocolate color would complement it. Chocolate satin shoes or evening purse. Champagne colors would work also.

Without seeing the actual color, hard to say what I would think of bright colors with it. Anyway you could post a pic?

I'd go w/ a mutted gold or preferrably, something in brown tones! Nice jewelry to compliment the dress and shoes. Similar toned evening purse would be lovely!

Have a great time and if you can, post pictures of the dress, so all of us can get a better idea of what ''really'' goes well.

I suspect your choice of accessory/ shoe colour could be limited by what's in the store. It appears that there is less colour choice in shoes these days. (When was the last time anyone saw navy or dark blue shoes?)

I'm thinking black or gold , but as others have said, it would help to see the dress.

I was also thinking a nice chocolate brown. I have a pair of NINA shoes in a nice brown with little stones on them. I love them so much I have them in Brown,silver and black. They are just very classy looking!

I purchased a long dress with jacket in a satiny fabric. The label states the color as "mocha," but to me it looks bronze. Please help me to choose shoes, purse, and jewelry. There's not a lot of contrast between my hair color and the color of the dress, so I definitely need some contrast in the accessories.

Many thanks from a long-time lurker who has learned a lot from reading this board.

SLois!

I'm slightly concerned over your "subject" for this post...

"Accessories for a bronze dress"...

Why am I slightly concerned?

Because I don't want you, or other ladies (as seems to happen a lot) to try to match a dress and not YOU!

My first question, is not what color the dress is...

But what color and tone are YOU?

I know that you've said that your hair tone doesn't have a lot of contrast with the dress.

Well, if that's your natural hair tone - then that could be a fantastic thing!

Is that your natural hair tone?

Is your natural hair tone bronze/mocha?

Do you naturally wear warm makeup tones?

If so...

Then, wherever do you think that you need "contrast"?

You really don't, if your skin and hair tone really match and blend well with this bronze/mocha.

What color are your eyes?

Are they brown/auburn?

Are they green/teal?

Are they blue?

These all make a major difference on making this all work the absolute best for you, personally!

Without seeing you, or knowing all of your specific coloring and tones - there is no one on the planet, or on these boards - who can tell you what are the best accessories for YOU in this specific dress.

I hope that makes sense to you.

More info please, and then we can actually help you with real information about YOU, and not just random opinions about a dress.;)

^ Err, yes but I'm sure she was just soliciting ideas to help her make her decision. :)

And, love and hugs to you, but I don't get what you're trying to say here?:confused:

She doesn't want MY ideas?

It doesn't really matter WHAT she actually looks like - it's just a matter of random people on the Internets guessing what they would wear with that specific dress?

She just wants a random poll, and if everyone said Neon Purple - then she should just go with that?:p:D

So, please clarify your questioning of my post.

I'm trying to help her specifically as a person, and what will be the best for her.

Not just a random thought on what people might personally like for themselves with a random bronze dress that they themselves most likely will never wear.

Hugs and all...

I'm just not sure where you're trying to go with your post.:confused:

I'm trying to help her out specifically for who she is, and what she's wanting to wear.:)

After so many shopping trips or online orders and having things just not go well with a dress, I now take my clothes with me when I shop for accessories. Or, say I purchased the dress at Nordstrom in my local mall, I'll "borrow" another one and take it to the shoe or jewelry department if I don't have my dress with me.

Just make sure of return policies if you are uncertain of your choices.

I'm sorry to say I don't know what I'd wear with a dress that color, possibly a bright gold or brown crystal jewelry and a gold shoe.

That is a beautiful dress. Personally, I would wear "muted gold" shoes and sort of matching purse. For my Jewelry, I'd wear 'bronze type" long earings (maybe w/ a crystal tone) and something simple in 'bronze' on my neck!

You will look stunning however you choose to do your accessories!

Have a fabulous cruise~ Safe sails.

am i seeing gold reflecting in the jacket...i might wear something gold or if that is to shiny...then bronze for jewelry and then something darker for the shoe...when i get something i get everything out that i think would go with it and then eliminate (always hopin i dont have to go buy accessories, specially jewelry since i have so much) i have some bronzey gold type crystals that would be pretty-maybe even some chocolate gold with that from what i can see in the picture

GOOD LUCK...let us know what YOU decide!!!

A picture of the dress without the jacket is at:

https://www.vonmaur.com/AltProdView.aspx?ProductID=28128

I very much appreciate all of your input.

Curt, you can probably tell that I am a scientist, with little sense of fashion or color. My eyes are brown and my hair is naturally a similar color to the dress, perhaps a bit darker. Although I don't frequently wear a lot of makeup, I do wear warm tones.

Just as a jumping off point...

With the jacket, for jewelry, I would minimize a necklace and go for earrings and a bracelet. A necklace would just add too much to your neckline with the jacket already there. I don't know your hair style, but, if appropriate, I would opt for some sexy dangle earrings. Also add the sparkle to your wrist, especially if your nails are done.

I would opt for gold based jewelry. What works best for you will depend on your personality, your hair style, your eye color. I would go for your jewelry to blend, not be a total contrasting statement. This dress is very elegant and simple, with a wow factor in the material. So do the same thing with your jewelry. Have it be more simple than flashy, but have the wow factor be in the shine and flash of the gem stones.

If you want to keep with a monocramatic look, try Smoky Quartz.

aHR0cDovL2VjeC5pbWFnZXMtYW1hem9uLmNvbS9pbWFnZXMvSS80MWhSZ21idlBLTC5qcGc===.jpg?flags=NO_CHK

41asaYzWWrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

To kick it up a notch, go for Citrine or Yellow Topaz.

31XoWY7Q-jL._SL500_AA300_.jpg41WVegM7h3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

If your eyes are more green/hazel, you could go for a Peridot/Smoky Quartz.

41avKx-LnuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

If you prefer a blue stone for contrast, try aquamarine or blue topaz, but that was hard to find for a reasonable price online... These colors added in could be a "pointer" to your eye color, like the dress goes with your hair color, your jewelry could incorporate your eye color. {OK, just remembered you have brown eyes, so either green or blue stones would work. Although the yellow may be the best accent.] I think this would be very elegant and in keeping with the style of your dress.

FYI, I think I found all these jewelry pieces on Amazon...

I would go for the monocramatic look with the shoes and the purse, finding any brown based color from chocolate to bronze that would blend.

I wore a gown with a slightly darker bottom and goldish lace top. I work brown strappy sandals,diamond earrings and a gold and diamond slide on a med. thick chain. Your dress may also work w/bronze shoes/sandals. It is a lovely gown

And, love and hugs to you, but I don't get what you're trying to say here?:confused:

Awww, thanks for the love and the hugs - I really don't deserve them after my comment to you. I do apologize. I suppose, at the time, your comments rubbed me the wrong way. You said you were concerned about the title of her thread, and it all just seemed rather trite to me. Nevermind - she's gotten some good advice and I know she will look lovely.

Again, I'm sorry.

Classy looking outfit; good luck with the jewellery etc.

Lots of smart people on this board who have great suggestions. Love the way you know how to add on the pictures of the jewellery!

Archived