OMG too many people left behind

Appartanly the ship has had to leave port without 1700 guests because the tendering was impossible due to bad weather, they are going to be bused along the coast and picked up later tonight at a calmer port. Gossip comes from onboard, therefore it is either true or still April 1st.

Well they are not left behind but rather they suspended tendering until they can do it in a safe manner. You made it sound like the ship went on to the next port.:rolleyes:

It is better that they do this then have people get hurt. There was a case a few years back that a group had to spend the night on Labadee.

I do not know if it is true, but it does happen. I know a HAL cruise had it happen at the Falklands where people were stuck there for more than a night. If you have been to Stanley you can imagine what that would be like.

JC

The word is very severe weather conditions throughout the South of France, very heavy rain causing all sorts of problems on land as well as for those on the sea. I hope nobody gets hurt, and that safety has been considered above everything else. Personally I blame the Volcano.

From what I know this was more than a suspension of tendering, the ship actually did sail on to another port down the coast.

If I was standing on the dock watching the ship sail away, I would certainly feel as if I was being left behind, especially if I was in my day shorts, and it was raining hard.

Watching our clothes and passports sail off without us would be just too much for for my wife. I hope all effected are able to rejoin the ship without too much stress.

Well they are not left behind but rather they suspended tendering until they can do it in a safe manner. You made it sound like the ship went on to the next port.:rolleyes:

From what I know this was more than a suspension of tendering, the ship actually did sail on to another port down the coast.

If I was standing on the dock watching the ship sail away, I would certainly feel as if I was being left behind, especially if I was in my day shorts, and it was raining hard.

Watching our clothes and passports sail off without us would be just too much for for my wife. I hope all effected are able to rejoin the ship without too much stress.

Most likely they had personnel on the docks explaining what was going on. This happened to us years ago.

Several years ago we were in a tender,after four attempts at trying to get along side the ship, we bobbed in sea for over an hour......rain pouring, I don't know who was better off those that were left on shore or those of us in on the tender.....

One good reason to take your passport with you when you go ashore, assuming that the ship personnel didn't take it for safekeeping...:)

I hope all of the affected passengers are onboard by now!

It is better that they do this then have people get hurt. There was a case a few years back that a group had to spend the night on Labadee.

Actually I think it was a group from either Majesty or Sovereign who were stuck on Coco Cay...

Actually I think it was a group from either Majesty or Sovereign who were stuck on Coco Cay...

I can see how that could happen. On my Sovereign cruise I was one of the first ones on the tender to the island, and then the wind picked up. I was heading back to the ship for lunch, but ended up on the tender for about an hour waiting for the winds to die down enough so we could get close to the ship. By the time I finally reached the ship, the line of people waiting to get off was up the stairs to Deck 4. If the wind hadn't died down, and instead got stronger, I think a lot of people would have been camping out that night.

What would happen if the next port is in another country, would the ship dock over night and try to tender the guests again tomorrow?

Is it the ship responsibility to overnight you or bus you to the next port? or is it the guests responsibility to meet the ship at next port?

What would happen if the next port is in another country, would the ship dock over night and try to tender the guests again tomorrow?

Is it the ship responsibility to overnight you or bus you to the next port? or is it the guests responsibility to meet the ship at next port?

I'd have to say it would be the ship's responsibility at that point.

Is this just a rumour or true,

Big problems in Villefranche where Soooooooo many people (1700) have been left behind because of bad weather, watch this space for more detail.

If they are being transported to Toulon by the cruise line where they will meet up with the ship at a safer location, why does your title state they were left behind? Very misleading.

Archived