Opinions on Balcony on bump out corners??

I've been looking at the deck plans, what is your opinion of the balcony rooms on the bump out (decks9-14) part, the corner rooms. Are they bigger??? or am I looking at it wrong.

Neverthought

It looks like they're bigger but from the looks of it (see Epic's sea trials pics taken from the bridge - can't remember where I saw them now) it looks like any of the balconies on the "bump in" could see into the balconies on the slope part of the "bump out"

Clear as mud?

We're hoping these cabins, or at least the balconies, are both larger and still just as desirable as those located in flatter parts of the ship. We are taking a chance on it and booked cabin 12241 which looks forward from the back hump on Epic. Can't wait to start seeing more pictures and actual reviews to confirm our suspicions!

We're hoping these cabins, or at least the balconies, are both larger and still just as desirable as those located in flatter parts of the ship. We are taking a chance on it and booked cabin 12241 which looks forward from the back hump on Epic. Can't wait to start seeing more pictures and actual reviews to confirm our suspicions!

So long as you aren't in the club that enjoys that balcony in the buff, you're allowed to have that cabin! (kidding)

(see Epic's sea trials pics taken from the bridge - can't remember where I saw them now)

Clear as mud?

Now that you mention those pics,(Thank you!) I do remember seeing them. Can't for the life of me remember what thread I saw them on. This is going to bug me, until I find them again. Any ideas????

Neverthought

Now that you mention those pics,(Thank you!) I do remember seeing them. Can't for the life of me remember what thread I saw them on. This is going to bug me, until I find them again. Any ideas????

Neverthought

It might have been their facebook page actually. Or something on the normal NCL forum. I'm not here as often so I doubt it was on the "Everything Epic" page

Found it. They talk more about the lower level balconies not having privacy but the first picture taken from the bridge looks right into those bump out balconies

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1142175&highlight=epic+picture

Yeah, you the man/woman!! ;)Thanks so much!!!:):)

Neverthought

:) The deck looks larger to me, too. We've booked #11192 port for that very reason. And since it appears larger on the forward end of the balcony, it looks like we will be sheltered from the wind a bit. :cool:

We paid for a BK and got upgraded to a BF. I picked one of the BF cabins that appeared to have the largest balcony (9181). On the new deck plans, our cabin (9181) is reclassified as B6, the new category called Large Balcony. Woo hoo!

So those odd-shaped balconies really are larger! Woo hoo to you, too!!

Now, if we can just get real deck lounger-type chairs, we will certainly think we're hot stuff. ;)

I have one of those larger balconies as well and was wondering the same thing about lounger deck chairs - do you think we can bribe someone???????

Does anyone know the square footage of those balconies?

Well, they all seem to be a slightly different configuration, so the footage will vary. We have the largest one that is the closest to the hump. Can't wait for some pictures. Our's is located facing forward, so I imagine it have more wind that those facing aft. Still, we are traveling in September on the western itinerary, so it should be nice and hot and the breeze will feel great!

mek,

May I ask what your cabin number is? I think that I picked the largest one (9181). I want to compare your cabin to mine on the deck plans. Thank you!

Thanks,

Allison

10079 - one deck up from you and forward. Your's might be slightly deeper - it really is hard to tell from just the deck plans. I hope we are both in for pleasant surprises!

mek,

May I ask what your sail date is? Mine is January 1, 2011. If you sail before me, will you please report back to me about our balconies? If you sail after me, I'll report back to you!

Thanks,

Allison

mek,

May I ask what your sail date is? Mine is January 1, 2011. If you sail before me, will you please report back to me about our balconies? If you sail after me, I'll report back to you!

Thanks,

Allison

We're sailing in September, so before you. I'll be happy to give you a report when I return.

Well, they all seem to be a slightly different configuration, so the footage will vary. We have the largest one that is the closest to the hump. Can't wait for some pictures. Our's is located facing forward, so I imagine it have more wind that those facing aft. Still, we are traveling in September on the western itinerary, so it should be nice and hot and the breeze will feel great!

Do you have a BB category?

We are booked on a BB 13130 forward. It looks like it's a triange shape.

Archived