Need 4 to be ELITE

AFT_LOVER

If you book thru two agents, you may be successful in booking it. However, you may not be allowed on the Vancouver to LA leg. This would leave you out the money and having to find a way home.

Yep, I agree Paul. You just can't get around these rules, no matter how you book. And in the end, the passenger is the one that will be out the money paid for the second leg, as if it isn't caught immediately, it will be before sailing time whether booking with one travel agent or two. ;)

I would hate to be (potentially) banned from a cruise line if Princess knows you are trying (knowingly) to deceive the system and break the law. Carnival Corp owns a bunch of lines, more then RCCL.

I would hate to be (potentially) banned from a cruise line if Princess knows you are trying (knowingly) to deceive the system and break the law. Carnival Corp owns a bunch of lines, more then RCCL.

Good point made! :D

Also, note that you CAN buy more than one FCC per person while on a cruise. I'm not sure there is a limit, but just make sure you'll be able to use them all by the time they expire, I heard the can be a PITA to get refunded, especially if the credit card number you originally charged them to has changed or expired...

There is no limit and its actually pretty easy to get a refund.

Agree... Seems to me it is quite stupid to risk getting banned (and we know this happens) for free laundry and some booze. :rolleyes: Hopefully the OP will make advance return flight reservations from Vancouver in case she is denied boarding. The flight back will be very very pricey when booked the same day. :eek::D:eek:

Agree... Seems to me it is quite stupid to risk getting banned (and we know this happens) for free laundry and some booze. :rolleyes: Hopefully the OP will make advance return flight reservations from Vancouver in case she is denied boarding. The flight back will be very very pricey when booked the same day. :eek::D:eek:

Hopefully, he will also have a passport with him if he is going to fly back to the US

I live in Victoria and we have many cruise ships coming in here. We like to think it is because we live in such a lovely city but Iknow the real reason is the the Seattle or San Francisco cruises must come into a foreign port . As a result some are only here for a few hours.

I am curious why this works but you can not take a trip from Seattle to Vancouver and then do the continuation to San Francisco. Why isnt Vancouver considered a foreign stop?

Can anyone explain this?

Princess does seem to monitor these boards, so they are probably already aware of all of your posts about sneaking by the laws.

I think you guys are misunderstanding the OP. He/She says she is now looking for NON B2B cruises that can get her the credits she needs. Her neighbor/friend has the B2B and that's none of the OP's business if they get stuck in Vancouver and have to fly home...

Believe it or not, I know a couple that "got away" with it. I guess the company (X I think) never noticed their B2B itiniary and they sailed home marrily. Not that I would ever risk this. As a matter of fact, we have the Sapphire booked for next May to Vancouver followed by the Golden to Seattle...

Katherine

Round Trip Itin: Eg: Seattle / Seattle -- needs any foreign port call.

Start and End at "different" US ports: Eg: Start in Seattle and end in SF -- needs a "distant" foreign port call and Vancouver is not classified as a distant foreign port.

I am curious why this works but you can not take a trip from Seattle to Vancouver and then do the continuation to San Francisco. Why isnt Vancouver considered a foreign stop?

Can anyone explain this?

Archived