Need 4 to be ELITE

AFT_LOVER

and I am seeing 2 B2B cruise to & from Vancouver in September. If I get a mini suite do I get the 4 or do I have to have a true suite to do it? I appreciate the ELITE neighbor on Crown who may be reading this who told me about the rush way of being Elite.

I thnk You need a full suite to get double credit. I know you do not get double in a mini suite. You have to have completed 15 cruises to become elite. Your elite status will kick in on your 16th cruise. If you get a full suite you will be getting most of the elite benefits anyway.

and I am seeing 2 B2B cruise to & from Vancouver in September. If I get a mini suite do I get the 4 or do I have to have a true suite to do it? I appreciate the ELITE neighbor on Crown who may be reading this who told me about the rush way of being Elite.

If you sail solo you get 2 credits regardless of the cabin for each cruise.

A suite is required to get 2 if you are with someone else.

If you sail solo do you get 2 cruise credits?
Yes. And if you're in a full suite as a solo, I believe you get 4 cruise credits. If you book the B2B, make sure your TA gives them separate booking #s. Otherwise, it'll count as just one cruise.

I am doing that in a week for the same reason and think there are many people doing the same thing. I am doing single on the 14th and with my partner on the 15th so that will give me three cruises and elite

Yes. And if you're in a full suite as a solo, I believe you get 4 cruise credits. If you book the B2B, make sure your TA gives them separate booking #s. Otherwise, it'll count as just one cruise.

Pam, I could be wrong here, but I thought a solo in a full suite received only three cruise credits instead of four?

I found it, it is in this article on the Princess website. It is indeed 3 credits for a solo traveling in a full suite. http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na991

The new cruise credits program is effective for all sailings on or after December 7, 2008. All passengers who complete a cruise will receive one cruise credit, and in the following cases, passengers will receive double credit or more:

•Passengers who pay for and occupy a full suite (mini-suites excluded), will receive two cruise credits.

•Passengers who pay the single occupancy fare and travel alone in their cabin will receive two cruise credits.

•Passengers who pay the single supplement to occupy a full suite on their own will receive three cruise credits.

Pam, I could be wrong here, but I thought a solo in a full suite received only three cruise credits instead of four?
You could very well be right.

As for solos paying 200%, there's nothing fair about it but it is what it is. If you want to cruise as a single in a cabin, that's the price you pay. I'm just glad I get 2 credits.

I'm not anything:p until the last day of my next (4th) cruise to reach Platinum.:D Do you get additional cruise credits for the longer voyages?

I intend to become Elite ASAP......lol Do you get the same credit for a 2 day voyage to a 30+ day voyage? I want the laundry and dry cleaning.:D

Anthony

I'm not anything:p until the last day of my next (4th) cruise to reach Platinum.:D Do you get additional cruise credits for the longer voyages?

I intend to become Elite ASAP......lol Do you get the same credit for a 2 day voyage to a 30+ day voyage? I want the laundry and dry cleaning.:D

Anthony

Keep in mind, Princess counts the number or cruises or days. So, if you make it to the 150 day mark, before you make it to the 15 cruise mark, you become Elite on your cruise after you hit that 150 days sailing. ;)

But as for the cruise credits, only one per sailing, no matter how long the cruise is, one day or one hundred days. (but those days sailed add up quickly on longer voyages ;))

It's a little more than that. But on longer cruises, the perks are GREAT. Shorter cruises, no biggy!

Agree.. laundry on the longer cruises is a nice perk. Free booze is no biggie as I am a Scotch drinker and no Scotch in the setup you receive.

Because its FUN:D

Nothing like working a programme. If my biggest problem is this and I can work the programme by taking more cruises to become elite, what a wonderful life I have.:D If I have to achieve elite to not have to do laundry and free internet....Yahoo......let me cruise.

Best thing, cruise full suite on short cruises for the extra cruise credits. We usually take minis.

Anthony

We actually got to our 150 days for Elite after 7 cruises, some of them were 30 days plus. Now up to 12. When you do overseas cruises from Australia, you need to do long ones to justify the expensive airfares ! i.e. look at my signature, getting off Star Princess in Fort Lauderdale and one day later getting on Costa Atlantica, use that airfare!

Archived