Need 4 to be ELITE

AFT_LOVER

since a mini-suite is not a suite but a deluxe balcony, so why don't they title it properly.

We just talked with a Captain Circle associate a couple of days ago and she re-emphasized that it is on FULL suites. the way she explained it...if it has the word "mini" it doesnt qualify for 2 cruise points

Agree.. laundry on the longer cruises is a nice perk. Free booze is no biggie as I am a Scotch drinker and no Scotch in the setup you receive.

I thought you could call room service and they would swap the mini-liquors supplied in your set up one-for-one to the type of liquor you want...

I thought you could call room service and they would swap the mini-liquors supplied in your set up one-for-one to the type of liquor you want...

Only thing is the minis are limited to whats in the setup. Scotch is not an option.

They only have the four varieties of mini bottles that I have ever seen. Vodka, Gin, Canadian Club and Cognac. They won't swap out for things like rum or scotch or anything other than what I just listed. Some have been able to swap them all out for one small bottle, 375 ML, of something else they sell, but even when that was possible, the types are limited.

We just became Elite last week. Neither of us drink the hard stuff but DH likes his beer. Can the mini's be swapped out for beer? At this point it will be next year before we even get to use our new perks. Have a fall cruise planned, but it is on Celebrity. Pretty good we are Elite on Princess, and total newbee's on Celebrity!!

We just became Elite last week. Neither of us drink the hard stuff but DH likes his beer. Can the mini's be swapped out for beer? At this point it will be next year before we even get to use our new perks. Have a fall cruise planned, but it is on Celebrity. Pretty good we are Elite on Princess, and total newbee's on Celebrity!!

Normally they will swap out the liquor for beer, on a one to one exchange.

• 1 month later...

so our neighbor on Crown at dinner tells us we can do it in 2 cruises & 4 days in a true suite (VS). She pulls out an ad she got in the mail from Princess that shows Sapphire 9/19 SEA-VAN (1 nt) and then Sapphire 9/20 VAN-LAX (3 nts). Both booked on seperate invocies & 2 points per sail - 4 points.

Then I am told by Princess that when we go to board Sapphire on 9/20 to LA they will refuse us getting on due to Jones Act. But we sailed USA - Canada & then Canada-USA? Do not get it. I am told we have to be on seperate ships, so we can wait 4 days at a hotel.

So help us do it somehow???

unfortunately this is not a case of keep asking until you get the answer you want. it won't happen. princess will be heavily penalized if they let you do this, so they aboslutely will not.

Why not just take a different ship south. Take the 1 nighter on one of the ALaska Princess ships (Sapphire, Golden...) and take the next cruise on one of the other ships coming South. Aside from the inconvenience of the change in ships, you can do it easily and cheaply.

FYI, my friends were "allowed" to book back to back without hassle last Fall. Just when they thought they got away with it, Princess called them 2 weeks before sailing and made them cancel one of the legs of their trip! :eek: Talk about inconvenience for them. They ended up switching ships with a 24h overnight in Vancouver.

Katherine

so our neighbor on Crown at dinner tells us we can do it in 2 cruises & 4 days in a true suite (VS). She pulls out an ad she got in the mail from Princess that shows Sapphire 9/19 SEA-VAN (1 nt) and then Sapphire 9/20 VAN-LAX (3 nts). Both booked on seperate invocies & 2 points per sail - 4 points.

Then I am told by Princess that when we go to board Sapphire on 9/20 to LA they will refuse us getting on due to Jones Act. But we sailed USA - Canada & then Canada-USA? Do not get it. I am told we have to be on seperate ships, so we can wait 4 days at a hotel.

So help us do it somehow???

You can't do it on the same ship. You'd have to switch to another ship in Vancouver to be legal. Sometimes you can find one leaving the same day that you arrive, or you might have to spend a night or two in Vancouver to make it work.

Instead of taking two cruises with the two of you in a full suite to get the 4 credits needed for Elite, you could also each book your own cabin for two cruises (each paying the single rate in any standard cabin, even an inside if you want) to get those 4 credits you each need. If you cruise solo, you get two cruise credits for that sailing. It will be cheaper to get two cabins for two cruises (even paying the single rate) than it will be to get two suites. But, of course, you won't get the suite perks for those two cruises doing it this way, but it will be cheaper for you if that matters.

Hopefully, this question is thread-appropriate rather than hijacking....

A couple of years ago we took a 7 night cruise on the Diamond to Alaska coupled with a 7 night land tour. (A week down the Haul Road from the Arctic Ocean back to Anchorage -- what a wondrous trip it was!!!!) On my mom's Captain Circle page she got credit for 1 cruise and 7 days -- on mine I've got 2 cruise credits and 14 days for the same trip. Which is correct? :confused:

Not a big deal, really, but it does impact 'movin' on up' ... I've scoured the Princess site and these boards but haven't been able to find the answer. I'm reluctant to call Princess 'cuz I don't want them to adjust me DOWNWARD.

Thanks for any insight into this conundrum!

Becca

A couple of years ago we took a 7 night cruise on the Diamond to Alaska coupled with a 7 night land tour. (A week down the Haul Road from the Arctic Ocean back to Anchorage -- what a wondrous trip it was!!!!) On my mom's Captain Circle page she got credit for 1 cruise and 7 days -- on mine I've got 2 cruise credits and 14 days for the same trip. Which is correct? :confused:

Not a big deal, really, but it does impact 'movin' on up' ... I've scoured the Princess site and these boards but haven't been able to find the answer. I'm reluctant to call Princess 'cuz I don't want them to adjust me DOWNWARD.

Becca

If you have 2 booking seperate numbers then you get 2 credits.

If you sail solo you get 2 credits for each cruise.

If you sail solo in a suite you get 3 credits for each cruise.

Becca

Becca, the cruise length is all that is counted towards your status in the Captain's Circle, actual days onboard the ship. Land tours do not count towards your status as they are not sailing days. I would guess there was an error made when applying your credits. Even the double credits for sailing solo have not been in effect for very long now (maybe just over a year), and you never were able to receive double the days, just the double cruise credits now. Past cruises are not grandfather in, just those that took place after the rules changed. ;) So, it sounds like you received credit by mistake and I doubt that they will catch it later on.

I agree. The land tour has nothing to do with your credits so just discount that. If you sailed in a suite, you should also get 2 credits. Or if you sailed solo. Otherwise, you got a "bonus" credit. ;)

FYI, they MAY catch the error later on and correct it on their own...

Katherine

Becca

Your mother's is correct. You do not get any Captain's Circle credit for land tours, only time at sea. So you get one cruise credit for the cruise (assuming not a full suite and two people in cabin) and 7 days.

Archived