"LIVE" From Explorer of the Seas / May 8, 2010

Hi Leslie,

So cool to have your DH work on the ship (although it must get lonely)!

One of my favorite bartenders was working in the Chamber last November. Her name is Hangmi. Do you know her? Do you know if she will be on the EOS this coming November? It would be great to know. I will be on the Thanksgiving cruise this year. I will look for Troy!

Thanks,

Marilyn

Hi again

no , I dont know HangMi personally...but i will ask Troy if he can find out if she will be on in November..

Cris, yes Troy will still be in The Chamber on the next cruise as well. and he said he is looking forward to meeting all of you fun CCer's..Come on down!!

Mike ..awww okay, but maybe a hug? LOL

Radio...again thank you so much for these amazing pictures..they are fantastic..some of the blues in the water are coming out so vibrant..just beautiful.

It is incredibly generous of you to take the time out to share these with us..greatly appreciated!

leslie

Thanks.......I'm so stupid I thought it was some kind of hard candy..... Patty

There is a ginger candy! You could take the ginger pills for prevention then if you feel seasick, eat ginger candy or ginger snap cookies.

Pretty much anything with ginger in it will help, that is why you are given ginger ale for upset stomachs.

How would you get to that lagoon area in the above pics ? Seems like a cool place for my family to chill out at for my upcoming cruise... :)

Most of the south shore beaches have those little lagoons here and there. I can't say for sure which ones he photographed, but if you look at the map of Horseshoe Bay beach, you can see that there are little lagoons just off both ends of the main beach.

Theron

Before you all leave tomorrow....will there be any kind of forecasts for the next five days for Bermuda posted? Having some packing issues here with several other cruisers mentioning it is so chilly there this week. We are there on Saturday and Sunday of course.

Thank you so so much. Looks like you are having a wonderful time!!

Before you all leave tomorrow....will there be any kind of forecasts for the next five days for Bermuda posted? Having some packing issues here with several other cruisers mentioning it is so chilly there this week. We are there on Saturday and Sunday of course.

Thank you so so much. Looks like you are having a wonderful time!!

I think this is what most of the folks in Bermuda use for their weather forecasts:

http://www.weather.bm/

Theron

Beautiful pictures!! The Explorer will be our second cruise and we are very excited to see the pictures! It looks fantastic! Your pictures of Bermuda were gorgeous also! Thanks for those, makes me want to be there!!

Radio,

What a great review and fabulous pictures!!! We'll be boarding on Thursday for the 9 nighter and this is our first time to Bermuda so looking forward to more of those gorgeous photos. You said you went for a swim, how cold or warm was the water?

Thank you for taking the time to do another great live post.

Patty

This is really gearing me up - 25 days and we'll be on Explorer to Bermuda too :D

I am so glad you are going...hope your mom is feeling better...I am getting excited now seeing this pics:D

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing them. 45 days and counting. :)

Do you know if Christopher is bar tender @ the Schooner bar?

I think the bartenders switch bars every few weeks or after long cruises. That's why it is funny, when people say "Hi" to so and so at a particular bar. They move around to ALL of them including the Diamond & events and all the different bars on the ship.

Thanks Radio! Wonderful photos and live review. Your commentary is really enjoyable. :D:):D

I think the bartenders switch bars every few weeks or after long cruises. That's why it is funny, when people say "Hi" to so and so at a particular bar. They move around to ALL of them including the Diamond & events and all the different bars on the ship.

Thanks Radio! Wonderful photos and live review. Your commentary is really enjoyable. :D:):D

They do switch, but he never did...he has been at the Schooner on all of our Explorer cruises. :eek:

They do switch, but he never did...he has been at the Schooner on all of our Explorer cruises. :eek:

Okay. :) Our crewmember friend switches to the our favorite bar on Serenade when we will be oboard. So I know what you mean. :D

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing them. 45 days and counting. :)

Do you know if Christopher is bar tender @ the Schooner bar?

There's a Christian who is always at the Schooner Bar, not sure if that's who you mean or not, Diva. :)

Hi everyone,

this is correct , at the moment the bar staff are on 14 day schedules( a 5 day and a 9 day cruise in a designated bar) My DH just started in The Chamber this cruise, so will be in there until the end of the 9 day. He is also doing a relief hour or two in another bar earlier in the evening . I think the 19th hole..

They also rotate from doing front bars and service bars , in which they may be backing up bars all over the place. So you may not see them in the same bar twice.However , you can always ask any of the bar staff and they will help try to locate which bar your favorite is in..

Hope this helps!:)

They

Great photos! Can i ask what camera and lens did you use?

Thanks. I have a Canon 7D and I used the 24-105/f4 lens that I have. I am sort of an amateur photog so my gear is with me on every vacation! DH is kind enough to put up with me. We watched the ice show twice actually so that I could get better pix the second time. LOL. Needed better seats so we got there 45 min early and just shared a drink -- just so I can get an unobstructive view. :)

Katherine

2 more days for us :D assuming we get through this ash cloud ! :eek:

I hope you make it through the ash cloud!

Octagonmike, we're moving to the UK. I was wondering if we'd be breaking some law by bringing in our US purchased Motorola two-way radios that we hope to use on this cruise you'll be on. I thought I read somewhere that two-way radios were not allowed in the UK. Thanks for any info you can give regarding this matter.

We'd be arriving in the UK via the QM2 so would probably have them when we went through customs.

Thanks again.

Linda

I hope you make it through the ash cloud!

Octagonmike, we're moving to the UK. I was wondering if we'd be breaking some law by bringing in our US purchased Motorola two-way radios that we hope to use on this cruise you'll be on. I thought I read somewhere that two-way radios were not allowed in the UK. Thanks for any info you can give regarding this matter.

We'd be arriving in the UK via the QM2 so would probably have them when we went through customs.

Thanks again.

Linda

a) Don't know where you heard that you couldn't use them ? We use them over here on consturction sites for example and they are freely available to buy in all electrical stores.

b) Don't know why you would want to move to this country right now. It's in a total mess in so many ways. We can't even elect a competent party to govern us.