"LIVE" From Explorer of the Seas / May 8, 2010

Hello everyone. . . I was unable to make another post last night. . .There was a lot going on. I went to the Rick Novel show in the Palace Theater. This was a great show. . I have seen him on several cruises, but he is always very funny. He is an Entertainer from Baltimore, who specializes in Juggling, Comedy, and visual effects. If you sail on Explorer. . You must see him.

I went to the Connoisseur Club to meet up with a few Cruise Critic Roll Call friends I met, and made it up to the Tropical Deck Party.

There was a lot of passengers up on the pool deck, and all seemed to enjoy the dancing, music, and food.

I went out and rode around the dockyard, to see what was around last night, and most of the food and beverage places were open, but the malls and shops closed at 6PM.

I plan on hitting the Maritime Museum, and Snorkel Park today. I’m sure I will pick up a few gifts as well.

The forecast for today is 70F, and mostly sunny. . . Very Nice.

Here are a few pics from last night. . . More pics later today !

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

Rick Novell, “The Ladder Guy”

MM36.JPG

Tropical Deck Party Specialty Drinks

MM34.JPG

There was a ton of food and very good music at the Tropical Deck Party last night.

MM35.JPG

The Royal Promenade last night

MM28.JPG

Many of the crew used the phones at the Kings Wharf passenger Terminal

MM32.JPG

Explorer of the Seas late last night

MM31.JPG

Good morning from Beautiful Bermuda.. Before I go ashore, I thought I would post of few pics of our beautiful morning, here in Bermuda.

I’m off now to grab a local paper, and a cup of coffee. . .

Thanks for all of the nice comments.

Radio

The starboard side of Explorer looks over the North Basin

T1.JPG

My Cabin is also on the Starboard side.

T3.JPG

The port side can view Clocktower Mall, and the Dockyard

T5.JPG

Norwegian Spirit is looking at us this morning, from Heritage Wharf

T4.JPG

Very shortly, (after everyone wakes up) several thousand passengers will be exploring the many lovely area of Bermuda

T6.JPG

Good morning from Beautiful Bermuda.. Before I go ashore, I thought I would post of few pics of our beautiful morning, here in Bermuda.

I’m off now to grab a local paper, and a cup of coffee. . .

Thanks for all of the nice comments.

Radio

The starboard side of Explorer looks over the North Basin

T1.JPG

My Cabin is also on the Starboard side.

T3.JPG

The port side can view Clocktower Mall, and the Dockyard

T5.JPG

Norwegian Spirit is looking at us this morning, from Heritage Wharf

T4.JPG

Very shortly, (after everyone wakes up) several thousand passengers will be exploring the many lovely area of Bermuda

T6.JPG

Thanks for this report Radio. Hows the weather (temp) today ?

Was the sea warm enough to swim in yesterday ?

Regards

Mike

Wow, Thanks for the nice comments. . . I have a lot more to do. We still have until Thursday ! :rolleyes:

Radio

;);)

Great pictures & reviews - can't believe I gotta wait until 9/2011 for my B2B:)

Pat

thank you so much. Just checked it..yikes 67 on saturday for the daytime high! Going to be warmer here than that. I sure hope Bahamas are warmer.....need to change up the packing a little.

Good News, look again, thats the low for the day. The high for Saturday is 75.

Hi Radio,

Have a great cruise, always love your live reports. I just got back from the Summit last Sunday and we had a great time in Bermuda. We are going back next May, so look forward to see what activities you do while there.

Is Mrs. Radio with you?

Look forward to reading all about your cruise.

Thanks again

Suz

how was the weather in Bermuda and the water temperature.

this can be viewed from the cruise port? the monument? It is beautiful.

When the Explorer is docked the memorial is right next to the starboard bow of the ship. This is the link to my April 15th. Bermuda/Bahamas review the last set of pictures is of the memorial as the Explorer was backing into her berth.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1188547

When the Explorer is docked the memorial is right next to the starboard bow of the ship. This is the link to my April 15th. Bermuda/Bahamas review the last set of pictures is of the memorial as the Explorer was backing into her berth.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1188547

Thanks. I have to make sure that I get to see it, either before we leave or when we come back.

As for your mention of the quest, I have seen this before, but do you know i they have it on a port day? I hope not, we have an excursion planned at 10 pm our first night in bermuda. I don't want to miss Quest

Thanks. I have to make sure that I get to see it, either before we leave or when we come back.

As for your mention of the quest, I have seen this before, but do you know i they have it on a port day? I hope not, we have an excursion planned at 10 pm our first night in bermuda. I don't want to miss Quest

Far as I know it is scheduled on a sea day, but I have only been on two cruises so no expert here.

Hello everyone. . . Today was kind of a short day for me. I only rode close by today. I was able to go to the Mall (as planned), and a few of the shops in the Dockyard. I really like the Glassblowing Shop. . . I have been to Bermuda several times and have always known it was here, but I stopped in today and actually watched how they did it. . . Impressive. There were many passengers there as well. I can see why the Glass Blowing feature is popular on Solstice Class ships.

I went to Snorkel Beach were there were a few people there, but no one was in the water. . . Ooops. . .That was a sign for me to stay out today. . . The water temps were only 70F. I was able to swim for a bit yesterday at Horseshoe beach though. It was a little cold, but not bad.

I also went to the Maritime Museum, which I enjoy, The nice thing about the Maritime Museum is that Dolphin Quest is inside of the fortress. If you pay your admission to the Museum, you can also be an observer with the Dolphin encounters.

I was able to get some nice views of the reefs that are in the area, as well as Snorkel Park, and the Ships in port.

I made it back to the ship today by around 1, and chilled out a bit. Ok, Ok. . .I fell asleep for a minute or 2. . .

Here are a few pics from today. . . I will post more after our Sailaway at 5. Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

Clocktower Mall

T34.JPG

There were all types of shops in the Mall, including places to eat, and places to relax.

T37.JPG

There isn’t enough time for me to go everywhere !

T39.JPG

The lobby of the Cooperage has the Frog and Onion Pub on the right, and Bermuda Craft and Gift store on the left.

T9.JPG

Flowers were everywhere in the dockyard.

T38.JPG

Bermuda’s finest had some nice Honda’s (I would like to try that instead of a scooter)

T22.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

Walking up to Snorkel Park

T42.JPG

The beach was nice and the water was calm. . .We had 70F air temps, but the water was just a little cold

T48.JPG

There was a protected lagoon area, where the water was very calm.

T49.JPG

They have food and drinks, along with rentals, changing and rest rooms.

T43.JPG

Snorkel Park from up on the fortress wall of the Maritime Museum

T16.JPG

Dolphin Quest attracted dozens of viewers. . . The Dolphins were very entertaining.

T15.JPG

Just a few more. . . . More pics later tonight.

Radio

This is the view from one of the restored cannons up on the fortress wall

T17.JPG

The reefs were beautiful. . .

T18.JPG

Explorer of the Seas at Kings Wharf

T20.JPG

It looks like they are building a new Ferry Pier at Kings Wharf.

T26.JPG

The water seemed to get “more” Blue in the afternoon ?

T32.JPG

She will be leaving Bermuda soon. . .

T55.JPG

Edited by Radio

There's a Christian who is always at the Schooner Bar, not sure if that's who you mean or not, Diva. :)

Hey Christie, LTNS, hope all is well! No, I meant Christopher. I have pictures of him somewhere on my computer,my last Holiday cruise! (medium height, round face, jamaican man with family/kids back in Jamaica, on the moral and religious side if you got to know him and chatted at length).. Actually, pretty silly that Im asking since I havent been on Explorer in 2 yrs :eek: I'm really looking for "Sippy", but he was on Voyager and never saw him again...

Great pictures Radio!

Edited by CruiseDivaNJ