RCCL & Celebrity Affiliation?

RCI, Celebrity and Azamara are all owned by RCCL, a holding company. You can't combine cruise histories but are entitled to the highest level attained on any one of them on all the others.

So if you are Diamond on RCI with 18 credits, and only 2 credits on Celebrity, if you sailed on another Celebrity you would be treated as if you had 18 on Celebrity, which is Elite, the highest level.

I see that both RCCL and Celebrity are part of Cruisingpower - is that an "alliance" similar to World's Leading Cruise Lines? Are past-guest discounts or other perks transferable between RCCL & Celebrity?

RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd) is the parent company, similar to Carnival Corp.

RCCL owns RCI (Royal Caribbean International) and Celebrity, along with some other, smaller lines.

Like The Big Booper said, you are given reciprocal acknowledgment between RCI and Celebrity, but it is not a combined program, like Hilton Honors.

You need to reach the first tier on either to gain reciprocal on the other, in other words you have to be Platinum (5 points) on RCL to get the same recognition on Celebrity

Just to clarify, platinum is actually the second tier, but yes, that's the level you must be at on RC to have reciprocal perks on Celebrity. Gold level C&A members (1-4 cruise credits) are not eligible for reciprocal perks.

I am Diamond Plus with RCCL and have NEVER taken a Celebrity Cruise, but I have one booked. When I logged onto Celebrity for check in, their website shows me as Elite- Celebrity's highest level. All the info crossed over automatically.;)

Interesting that it takes 24 cruise credits to reach the highest level on RCCL, but only 10 on Celebrity.

RCI has an additional membership level (Diamond Plus) which has certain amenities that are not available to Diamond members. Until recently the benefits available to members of Celebrity's Captain's Club were clearly inferior to those offered to members of RCI's Crown and Anchor Society. Changes to the Celebrity loyalty program may have narrowed that gap and some might even claim that Celebrity's program has surpassed RCI's. We have not cruised with Celebrity since those changes went into effect, so I can't say with any certainty whether or not this is true.

There have been rumors that Celebrity will, at some point in the future, add another level of membership to the Captain's Club structure. Time will tell.:)

I see that both RCCL and Celebrity are part of Cruisingpower - is that an "alliance" similar to World's Leading Cruise Lines? Are past-guest discounts or other perks transferable between RCCL & Celebrity?

There are only a few big cruise companies...

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd; (NYSE: RCL)

• Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
  • Celebrity Cruise Lines
  • Azamara Club Cruise
  • TUI Cruises (part ownership)

Carinval Corporation; (NYSE: CCL)

• Carnival Cruises
  • Princess Cruises
  • Holland America Line
  • P&O
  • Cunard
  • Seabourn

Star Cruises;