ironing dress shirts

dentblanche

First I must say that you are all great in responding to first time cruiser questions!!

I am ironing my hubby's dress shirts to put in a suitcase that will most certainly need to be re ironed before they are worn. Are there irons on board?

You would need to post what ship you were on to get an accurate answer. If they are going to have to be re-ironed, by are you ironing them now? You can send them out to be pressed when you get on board, and the cost IME is not expensive.

Carnival has laundry rooms with irons you may use. RCI does not, but they will iron it for you, if it needs it for 1/2 the price of dry-cleaning.

Pack your hubby's shirts in a dry-cleaning bag, or layer with tissue paper....they won't wrinkle if they can "slide" a bit!

Well we will be on carnival so I guess I'll spend some time in the laundry room. Or....have them ironed.

If they are ironed in the first place they take up less room, we are coming from Europe to do the 7 day Carnival Victory cruise.

Thank you for your help!!

Well we will be on carnival so I guess I'll spend some time in the laundry room. Or....have them ironed.

If they are ironed in the first place they take up less room, we are coming from Europe to do the 7 day Carnival Victory cruise.

Thank you for your help!!

There are irons and ironing boards in the Carnival ships. If you pack carefully you may have a quick job of a quick press and hang and you are done.

Carnival has laundry rooms with irons you may use. RCI does not, but they will iron it for you, if it needs it for 1/2 the price of dry-cleaning.

Pack your hubby's shirts in a dry-cleaning bag, or layer with tissue paper....they won't wrinkle if they can "slide" a bit!

Princess also has laundry rooms...

Carnival does have a laundry room with irons on every floor. What I do on day one, shortly after pulling out from port, I'll take all of my clothes and iron everything at one time. That way after getting back from an excursion, the last thing I have to worry about is going to iron my clothes for dinner. I've never had to wait by doing it that way, but if you go right before dinner, you might be in line for the iron.

try downy wrinkle release. I found it in the travel dept at walmart and it works like a charm to get out wrinkles. I have also been known to hang clothes in the bathroom and let the steam from the shower help get the wrinkles out.

Actually, you can pack men's dress shirts using plastic bags from dry cleaners and they will arrive almost wrinkle free. To do this, completely button the shirt and lay it face down and completely flat. Put one bag on the back of the shirt and the fold the sleeves over at the shoulder seams. Next, lay another bag on top of the folded sleeves and fold the shirt in half so that the collar is now on top. Finally, put the shirt in yet a third bag. The shirt should arrive almost completely wrinkle free.

:eek: Hate ironing so that's not a vacation option. We've successfully used Downey Wrinkle release and the steam in the shower. I actually packed an unironed shirt and sent to be pressed onboard (RCCL). Prices are cheap if only paying for pressing. I can't think of anything you can purchase on board that is as cheap as having something pressed. In addition, I take advantage of the special on RCCL to fill a bag and get it laundered for one special price. I can then come home with clean clothes which makes my first day home more special.

First I must say that you are all great in responding to first time cruiser questions!!

I am ironing my hubby's dress shirts to put in a suitcase that will most certainly need to be re ironed before they are worn. Are there irons on board?

I'm normally a cheap-skate. But in this case, you are ironing a shirt before you leave, then spending precious cruise time re-ironing. Even I would spend a few bucks and let the ship take care of it.

I'm normally a cheap-skate. But in this case, you are ironing a shirt before you leave, then spending precious cruise time re-ironing. Even I would spend a few bucks and let the ship take care of it.

I actually have a friend who irons all her clothes before packing. Then as soon as her luggage is delivered to her cabin, she gets everything out and uses the steamer to get out wrinkles from packing and hangs all the clothes in the closet ready to wear each day.

Too much work for me.

What?? Ironing on a vacation? Are you crazy??

I am booked on RCL in September on Explorer of Seas and have read on other threads that they are confiscating different "hazardous" items when checking in. Electric extension cords, etc. Has anyone had their small travel irons taken from them? It is very small but handy. I haven't cruised for a couple of years and there was no problem back then. Thanks for your informaiton.

I am booked on RCL in September on Explorer of Seas and have read on other threads that they are confiscating different "hazardous" items when checking in. Electric extension cords, etc. Has anyone had their small travel irons taken from them? It is very small but handy. I haven't cruised for a couple of years and there was no problem back then. Thanks for your informaiton.

Travel irons are not allowed...at least according to their list of prohibited items.

The hotel's iron stained your shirts? I would complain to management and get money to replace them. The best thing to do for dress clothes at a hotel is to have them ironed by the hotel staff (this will cost, but it's worth it).

prom dresses

I actually have a friend who irons all her clothes before packing. Then as soon as her luggage is delivered to her cabin, she gets everything out and uses the steamer to get out wrinkles from packing and hangs all the clothes in the closet ready to wear each day.

Too much work for me.

This is our first cruise and this is what I was going to do, now wonder if i should just iron, pack, unpack then send anything that needs redone to the laundry on our first day?

This is our first cruise and this is what I was going to do, now wonder if i should just iron, pack, unpack then send anything that needs redone to the laundry on our first day?

some ships have laundry rooms with irons that you could use so it just depends on which ship you will be on.

Archived