Bran Muffins

Does anyone have the receipe for those "wonderful" bran muffins that they serve in the Windjammer?

Unfortunately, not :( (or perhaps my scale is happy I don't:rolleyes:)

I LOVE them too

I've tried thousands of recipes with bran but I've never obtained anything clost to these yummy ones...

Please, help:D

Toonye

DH thought the bran muffins were wonderful. We had just gone in to grab a quick snack when a random cruiser came up and actually put one on DH's plate and said "You have to try these bran muffins." So funny.

DH thought the bran muffins were wonderful. We had just gone in to grab a quick snack when a random cruiser came up and actually put one on DH's plate and said "You have to try these bran muffins." So funny.

LOL, hilarious! (sounds a lot like me!)

I'm hoping someone will post the recipe so I can make them!!!

Here is the only thing I have found searching.

This is from 2008 and written by a lady on a RCCL ship.

Just type in RCCL Bran Muffin recipe and it should come up on the same page as mine did.

Dear Colleen -

I am currently on a RCI cruise aboard Monarch of the Seas and have been in search of the bran muffin recipe since my family's first cruise with RCI in 2004.

Below is a report of my progress thus far. If you would like further information about the "muffin mix, fiber nugget" please me know, and I will provide such information to you as soon as I receive it.

Sincerely - PAS

- - - - - - - - -

After setting out feelers/requests with numerous crew members as I searched for the recipe yesterday, I finally hit paydirt with Sammy McField last night at dinner. Sammy is Monarch of the Seas' headwaiter, is from Honduras, and has been with the ship since it launched in '91, having started as a dishwasher and working his way to the top of the ladder. An amazing success story and a really great guy!

Sammy gave me a copy of the bran muffin recipe (transcribed below), but it was disappointing to learn that the key ingredient is "Muffin Mix, Fiber Nugget" (without specifying the mix's blend or brand). Talking with Sammy about it thereafter, he is going to look at the muffin-mix packaging to gather the information that I would need to purchase or blend the mix myself. (He confirmed this promise today at lunch, and I am going to get his email address to follow up on this, if it is not wrapped up by the end of the cruise.)

Anyway, in case I lose the piece of paper that Sammy gave me with the receipe on it, here it is:

BRAN MUFFIN - RCI

15 pounds Muffin Mix, Fiber Nugget

4 1/2 pounds eggs, liquid

4 1/2 pounds vegetable oil

6 pounds water

Combine all ingredients to a batch. two minutes on slow speed, four minutes on second speed.

This is all there is to the recipe also. It seems that no one can find the

“Muffin Mix, Fiber Nugget” except in 50 lb bags.

I can not find the rest of her recipe?

Edited by Alexis

Does anyone have the receipe for those "wonderful" bran muffins that they serve in the Windjammer?

CRUNCHY ROYAL CARIBBEAN OAT BRAN MUFFINS

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. ¨C we used a convection oven.

Blend the following ingredients with an electric mixer on low speed for several minutes, periodically scraping the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl with a

rubber spatula:

5 cups Low Fat Oat Bran Muffin Mix (packed, not sifted)

3/4 cup Ezekiel 4:9 Cereal or Grape Nuts Cereal

3 eggs

2 1/2 cups water

Fill 18 large non©\stick muffin cups (greased with Baker¡¯s Joy or Pam spray) with 1/4 cup of batter.

Bake for 22 minutes.

Remove the muffins from muffin pans, allowing the muffins to cool slightly.

Enjoy the muffins while they are still warm ¨C with butter and a cold glass of milk! They will bring back memories of a great cruise on RCCL!!! :D

****To purchase Low Fat Oat Bran Muffin Mix:

Contact Elvira Bartholomew at Abel & Schafer, Inc.:

Elvira Bartholomew

Regulatory Affairs

Abel & Schafer

20 Alexander Court

Ronkonkoma, NY 11779

Tel: 631.737.2220

Fax: 631.737.2335

E-Mail:elvira@kompletusa.com

Order item no. 22084 (it's a 50 lb. bag, but we went through it quickly) ;)

CRUNCHY ROYAL CARIBBEAN OAT BRAN MUFFINS

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. ¨C we used a convection oven.

Blend the following ingredients with an electric mixer on low speed for several minutes' date=' periodically scraping the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl with a[/color']

rubber spatula:

5 cups Low Fat Oat Bran Muffin Mix (packed, not sifted)

3/4 cup Ezekiel 4:9 Cereal or Grape Nuts Cereal

3 eggs

2 1/2 cups water

Fill 18 large non©\stick muffin cups (greased with Baker¡¯s Joy or Pam spray) with 1/4 cup of batter.

Bake for 22 minutes.

Remove the muffins from muffin pans, allowing the muffins to cool slightly.

Enjoy the muffins while they are still warm ¨C with butter and a cold glass of milk! They will bring back memories of a great cruise on RCCL!!! :D

****To purchase Low Fat Oat Bran Muffin Mix:

Contact Elvira Bartholomew at Abel & Schafer, Inc.:

Elvira Bartholomew

Regulatory Affairs

Abel & Schafer

20 Alexander Court

Ronkonkoma, NY 11779

Tel: 631.737.2220

Fax: 631.737.2335

E-Mail:elvira@kompletusa.com

Order item no. 22084 (it's a 50 lb. bag, but we went through it quickly) ;)

Wow, those muffins must be good if you bought a 50lb bag of the mix!

It is the Krustez brand of Oat Bran Muffin mix. It is not available in our area so I ordered it online from this web site. http://mybrands.com/Product.aspx?pid=546

It is the same as a crew member told me what brand of mix. I was a bit disappointed when I saw how many fat grams were in it as I had hoped it would be healthier. Oh well I love them enough to eat them anyway!

It is the Krustez brand of Oat Bran Muffin mix. It is not available in our area so I ordered it online from this web site. http://mybrands.com/Product.aspx?pid=546

It is the same as a crew member told me what brand of mix. I was a bit disappointed when I saw how many fat grams were in it as I had hoped it would be healthier. Oh well I love them enough to eat them anyway!

Fat grams don't count on a cruise! Diet the rest of the year.

I think Quaker makes a low fat one like this. Wonder how they would taste using that. I like the idea of using a quick mix and then just enhancing it with the Ezekial. That stuff is really good!

• 2 years later...
What is Ezekiel cereal?:eek: Never heard of it...but then I don't eat much cereal.

Check Post #9 where the recipe is given. It mentions Ezekial or Grape Nuts cereal which leads me to assume that the two are very similar.:)

• 7 months later...

Anyone sailed recently or currently sailing that has noticed a difference in the bran muffins? Just curious if it is all ships or just AD. They say they have changed contracts and have a different dough. It doesn't have the same taste and is crunchy. Just curious if other ships are experiencing this also.

Edited by skiiergirl

Anyone sailed recently or currently sailing that has noticed a difference in the bran muffins? Just curious if it is all ships or just AD. They say they have changed contracts and have a different dough. It doesn't have the same taste and is crunchy. Just curious if other ships are experiencing this also.

We were on Allure in November 2013 and the bran muffins I had seemed pretty much the same as on other ships/sailings.

THe bran muffins are good on all ships. I always have one in the AM. with a little butter

They were always one of my favorite things on any RC ship. They were fantastic as recently as Aug sailing. This last week they have not been good on AD so that is why I was wondering if the batter/recipe has changed fleet wide or if it is only AD. Anyone that has sailed in last month or so noticed anything different with the bran muffins?