Closets on the Eurodam

Divi

We have booked a balcony stateroom for the first time on the Eurodam in May, 2011.

In looking at the stateroom diagrams it would appear that balcony cabins ( we are in a VE ) have two closets while oceanview cabins have three.

Of course, I plan to take far fewer clothes than I have on our previous cruises but, just in case, one less closet could be a problem.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

We have booked a balcony stateroom for the first time on the Eurodam in May, 2011.

In looking at the stateroom diagrams it would appear that balcony cabins ( we are in a VE ) have two closets while oceanview cabins have three.

Of course, I plan to take far fewer clothes than I have on our previous cruises but, just in case, one less closet could be a problem.

Thank you.

I think you will love the Eurodam.

I have been on her twice and would again anytime. Though my next outing will be on her new twin the Nieuw Amsterdam.

The V* class cabins do have 3 closets. They are in-line right inside the door and opposite the bathroom door.

The safe is inside one of these.

There is also more storage under the foot of the bed and there are drawers in each nightstand as well as the desk.

And don't forget that the ottoman/puff is hollow for storage also. Just don't leave anything behind there because it is out of sight / out of mind.

As usual I have carried more than I should but never have been short on space.

Enjoy your cruise and do give Tamarind a try. It is most beautiful, as is Silk Den.

r.

I think the diagram you're looking at is misleading in that it just doesn't show a door on the 3rd closet. The third closet from the hall door has shelves (and the safe) in the upper half, but the lower half is tall enough to hang shirts/blouses.

You will find three closets which have folding shelves so you can adjust the closet to be all hanging for long gowns or hanging below and shelves above or reverse. Really neat. Be advised, they are different depths to two of the closets. I believe the one closet closest to the room door is shallower. Do bring a small LED flashlight. The closets are dark and the safe is totally dark inside. You'll love Eurodam and her crew.

Thank you.

You may want to pack a flashlight. The closet area is very dark & we had much difficulty seeing what was inside. Other than that, the Eurodam is a gorgeous ship. The Tamarind for dinner is not to be missed...it is as wonderful as everyone says! Enjoy your cruise. :)

The closets are not as deep as on the R & S class ships. They are otherwise about the same.

We had a VA balcony on the Eurodam and recently a BB balcony on the Zaandam. The total storage in the two cabins was noticeably greater in the Zaandam cabin. Not only were the closets deeper on the Zaandam, but drawers were also deeper and there were more drawers. The desk had more drawers because the mini refrigerator was not located under it. The refrigerator was by the sofa. The cabins were also slightly wider making it easier to get past the beds.

A flashlight is on the list. Thanks for the advice.

We have been on the Rotterdam and the Prinsendam and loved them both. We weren't entirely sure that we would like a larger ship but the more we hear about the Eurodam, the more we are looking forward to sailing on her. Except maybe for the slightly less storage part.:p

We were on the Eurodam last Oct and we loved it. I would go that cruise again in a flash, but we are going to do a Southern Caribbean cruise this year. Maybe in a year or two we will do a repeat on the Eurodam.

We had cabin VD4141 on the Eurodam in December. Though our desk did not have any drawers, in addition to the two drawers under the foot of the bed, there were also two more under the couch. We didn't discover these until the last day of the cruise!! We had plenty of space, so obviously we didn't need them.

Tho it may seem like a minor thing, I really appreciated the hollow foot stool, which we used as a hamper for the dirties. In the past we've tossed the dirties into one of the closets (yes, amidst the shoes!). After several days at the beach, the "aroma" of the dirties wafts upward and attacks the clothes that used to smell clean.

Bravo for the foot stool hamper!

Archived