Just Back from Crown Princess Trans-Atlantic

ggglo

We got back from Rome last night. We were on the 14 day Fort Lauderdale to Rome TransAtlantic on the Crown Princess. We have been on many Princess cruises (24) and on quite a few Trans-Atlantics, but I must say overall this was one of the best as far as the ship itself is concerned.

The whole atmosphere on the ship was just great. The crew and staff are friendly and offered excellent service. They really try hard to please.

Ron Goodman was the CD and I can't say enough good things about him. He has a great personality - very warm and personable. He really gets around and takes time to talk to as many passengers as possible. We had some time to chat with him and he really enjoys his job. You can tell by the way he does his job. Great entertainment and lots of fun things to do on ship.

Captain Nash was excellent. We had a few major events on the ship and he handled everything extremely professionally. First, our first night out at about 1030 PM we were told we had to turn the ship around and head back since someone thought they say someone in the water. Luckily, after a full muster of passengers and crew, all were accounted for and about an hour and a half later turned back and continued our trip. No one was missing, He was in full command and kept us informed every few minutes so we knew exactly what was happening.

Then a day later we had to head north and make an emergency stop in Bermuda because a passenger was very ill and had to be taken off the ship. Again, Capt. Nash kept us up to date so we knew what the situation was and everything worked out well. He is a true professional and a credit to Princess.

The dining room staff and food was excellent. Everything prepared and served well. As usual,if you have any special requests the head waiter will always take care of you as long as you let him know in advance. So that works for us.

I am only commenting on the ship itself since we have been to the med. many times and the ports are not that important to us. We really enjoy the cruise experience. We had 8 wonderful days at sea and loved every moment of it.

My only negative comment (and this will really sound petty, but it just annoyed us) was that they are now charging for a deck of playing cards. It's not the $1.00 charge, it's just the principle. Please Princess, charge me an extra dollar or two in the fare and stop the nickel and diming us for small items, which we always got free. As I said this will sound unimportant but it just annoyed us! (Ron the CD was nice enough to send cards to our room when we mentioned this to him -- hope this doesn't get him in trouble)

Overall, everyone on board seemed to really love this cruise. No complaints heard at all from any passengers. So keep up the good work Princess and keep us happy.

...My only negative comment (and this will really sound petty, but it just annoyed us) was that they are now charging for a deck of playing cards. It's not the $1.00 charge, it's just the principle...

I was surprised at this as well, and we were charged for playing cards from the Purser's Desk about 3 years ago on an Alaska cruise on the Golden Princess! Maybe this is something they finally implemented ship-wide?;)

Hi All,

Nice to hear the Crown is as good as ever,

think Rons budget can with stand a pack of cards.

Been invited for dinner on the Crown when see visits Scotland this year

will be nice to catch up with old friends.

yours Shogun

Thanks! We're going to be bringing the Crown back to NYC from London in September. Can't wait, it will be the first cruise on the Crown and have heard really good things, looking forward to it!

Nice to hear you enjoyed your cruise on the beautiful Crown Princess. I agree with you about Ron Goodman. We sailed with him in November. I thought he was an excellent CD - very visible, always walking the decks during the day and asking how everyone was. I hope to sail with him again. Maybe he will be back on the Crown when I go in December.

Thanks for the brief review. I, too, am on the return T/A from Southampton to NY in September and am looking forward to being on her again. For me, it'll be my 3rd time on the Crown. I'd say that of the Grand-class ships, I like the Crown and Sapphire best but perhaps that's because I've had the best cruises on them. LOVE the Adagio Lounge on the Crown; one of my favorite places to be.

My wife and I were also on this cruise. We enjoyed it very much except for the rain in some ports. The crossing was quite calm. I talked to several first time cruisers. To me it seems like an unusual cruise to take for a first time but they all seemed to be enjoying the trip.

Wayne

Archived