Skinny jeans for an old broad !

Buster27

Need some advice please....I am in my mid 50's.....average build....I would like to buy a pair of "leggings...skinny jeans..type pant....something to wear under some of the new longer tunic type tops.

My questions.....am I too old for this look....(would wear with flat sandals...not heels)

Does anyone have a pair they have purchased that would be good. I definately do not want the stretchy knitty type fabric...more like a very light....NOT SKIN TIGHT....demin...

THANKS SO MUCH .

I say go for it I'm also mid fifties as long as you can put the look together to compliment your body type, right now you can find them any where Annie Sez, Macy's, Neiman Marcus (sale right now) etc. I love the look and they are so comfy. Wear them and enjoy.......just make sure your bottom is covered....lol

I, too am in my mid 50's...and while I won't wear too "trendy" of stuff (I don't buy from the Jrs section...just too young) I do wear stuff that most other women of my age don't...because I have the body-type for them!

If it looks good, and feels good, go ahead!

It sounds strange, but go to The Gap. Yes, The Gap. They have put a little bit of spandex in the jeans. I bought a pair of the "Forever Skinny" jeans. They are actually a midrise pant, not a lowrise. I love 'em. I'm mid-50s, and I do not think they are too "young". If you don't like them, try their other skinny jeans. They have some "ultra skinny" jeans that are like the leggings you mentioned. You might actually find one that you like. The price is right, too. Anytime I can keep the price of a pair of jeans under $80, I'm doing OK.

I have DNKY Skinny Jeans and love them. Those fit my mid-50's body very well. The other brand I tried and liked was "Not Your Daughter's Jeans" but they didn't have the color I wanted in my size. I bought the DNKY's at Lord and Taylor.

Need some advice please....I am in my mid 50's.....average build....I would like to buy a pair of "leggings...skinny jeans..type pant....something to wear under some of the new longer tunic type tops.

My questions.....am I too old for this look....(would wear with flat sandals...not heels)

Does anyone have a pair they have purchased that would be good. I definately do not want the stretchy knitty type fabric...more like a very light....NOT SKIN TIGHT....demin...

THANKS SO MUCH .

Hi, I work at Chico's and our key demographic is right about your age. We sell skinny jean leggings, actually called jeggings. They are great and everyone loves them. They have a bit of spandex and are very comfortable.

You are not too old at all. Go into your nearest Chico's and have the girls put together some outfits for you. You'll love it!

so since when is mid 50s's OLD:(its NOT...YOU are NOT...WE ARE NOT:D

get some skinny jeans or leggings and have FUN...ENJOY...i been wearing them with some shorter dresses and have had several WONDERFUL compliments on how NICE i look;)leggings will be going with me like they have for the last two cruises...just a FUN look:D

http://www.landsend.com/pp/UltraFitSlimLegDenimJeans~199211_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::RND&CM_MERCH=search-_-audrey+jeans&origin=search

They are mid-rise and come in three inseam lengths, plus petite and plus. What I like about these is that they are 48% lycra, so very stretchy, but they hold their shape well and still look like jeans, not leggings (for me this makes them more versatile). Watch for sales and coupon codes-I got mine for under $50 this winter :).

Girlfriend! Don't you dare say you are too old, (in your 50's) to wear skinny jeans and a long tunic! You wear whatever you want to till you're not on planet earth anymore. Wear your young clothes, makeup, "kookie" hair and big jewelry. Paint your nails blue or purple, get big glasses and have a ball! You only go around once and there's plenty of time to sit around in the rocking chair later. I think that anyone who says to "dress your age" is probably grey, frumpy and jealous, so there, LOL! :D

Happy Travels!

If you have to ask if it's okay for you (in your mid 50's) to wear skinny jeans or such, you are probably in better shape than others who wear them and really shouldn't. It seems that women who are more self-conscious are the ones who ask others for approval first, being somewhat skeptical of wearing them in the first place. On the other hand, there are several younger women and girls who wear them and don't care what they look like, whom should ask for approval first, but don't or should I say won't, regardless of their shape!:eek:

Girlfriend! Don't you dare say you are too old, (in your 50's) to wear skinny jeans and a long tunic! You wear whatever you want to till you're not on planet earth anymore. Wear your young clothes, makeup, "kookie" hair and big jewelry. Paint your nails blue or purple, get big glasses and have a ball! You only go around once and there's plenty of time to sit around in the rocking chair later. I think that anyone who says to "dress your age" is probably grey, frumpy and jealous, so there, LOL! :D

Happy Travels!

I totally agree with your comment

I am 62. Have grey hair,(my hair stylist calls it executive blond) Right now the polish I'm wearing is Sephora "Dark Room" even though it looks black it is not. I just bought black capris leggings to wear with a dress that is a bit too short for my liking.

My 17yr old GD says that I'm a cool Gramma and that's what counts.

With skinny jeans or jeggings is TO TRY AS MANY PAIRS AS YOU CAN. Not all are created equal. Ann Taylor loft and New York & Co. have some great styles at a fair price, but you can find these anywhere. I feel the important styling tip to remember with the jeggings is to make sure they look like jeans ( with pockets, contrast stitching, etc)

Keep your look modern (a dark wash never hurts) and it doesn't matter what your age is, you'll look stylish.

If they flatter your figure and you don't look like a hoochie mama, and if you feel comfortable, then why not?

The problem I've seen with the skinny jeans is that people who are not skinny would rather pour themselves into them rather than find a pair that are cut well and fit their figure.

THANKS SO MUCH .

I am almost 70 and I got my skinny jeans from Chicos....love their jeans! They were almost all sold out at the time I got mine but think they are back in stock now. On the What Not to Wear (TLC) forum, the posters advise that 35 is the cutoff age. That's when teeny-bopper ends and the rest of your life begins. Anything you can wear at 35 can be worn to the grave.....if, of course, it fits and flatters. TravelRocker, where do you live? I'm on my way!!!

Hi Lucky Granny, I live in the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area and as my "name" states I am a Rocker and I Travel. My hubbie and I have worked for a rock band for over 30 years, their 13th album is releasing tomorrow worldwide and we are "Rockin' Out" at the ledgendary Fillmore Aud. Saturday night for the release party. I have a big birthday, yep, one with a "0" at the end coming up in October and will rock till the bitter end. Why not! I say to all of you, wear what you want, do what you want, be kind , travel, travel, travel and you will have very few regrets in life.

Happy Travels!

Thanks, TravelRocker, for your response. I was in San Francisco over 50 years ago, traveling with my Army dad on the way to live in Hawai'i. I still remember the street cars. Funny how I can remember 50 years ago but not last week. Yesterday, on QVC, I heard a caller, who was buying a very large bracelet, say "Go big or go home." That will be my mantra from now on. Seven weeks from today begins our trip to Eastern Europe...travel on....

WOW Travel Rocker......what a GREAT attitude !!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone on here...going shopping Saturday......will come home with my new skinny jeans.....AND butt covering top !!!! :D

I do think I have finally figured out.....age is all ATTITUDE... I"ve met 50 year olds that look and act 70....and 70 yr. olds that look and act 50....

Archived