**Golden Princess May 14, 2011 - Vancouver To Seattle**

LEtue

When I'm waiting for an Alaskan cruise, I change out various photos as my desktop background....:)

Hey, that's a great idea! Except I'm having trouble keeping my excitement under control now.....:D

Hi everyone,

I rescued another dobie today from the local Animal Services. She was on death row and was scheduled to be put down tomorrow! I will be picking her up early next week after she is spayed. So that is my big news of the day! Here she is.....

Hi, Linda...

Is she home yet?

Mary

Yes she is and thanks for asking about her! I brought her home yesterday and today we visited the Vet so she has had a busy 2 days :D

Jesse (my male) and her are like 2 peas in a pod already so things have worked out well. Can't imagine how anyone didn't care enough about her to come looking for her at the shelter :( But I'm happy to have her here!!!

P1010588.jpg.a203d56e1711a9835a22a5e50c99a221.jpg

Yes she is and thanks for asking about her! I brought her home yesterday and today we visited the Vet so she has had a busy 2 days :D

Jesse (my male) and her are like 2 peas in a pod already so things have worked out well. Can't imagine how anyone didn't care enough about her to come looking for her at the shelter :( But I'm happy to have her here!!!

That photo brought the biggest smile to my face. Thanks for sharing.

Mary

Well, I spent the first day trying different sounds and names to see if she reacted to anything. Nothing....so I guess I can pick something and let it stick.

I do have a short list:

Zoey

Bella (beautiful in Italian)

Regen (means rain in German)

Maya

Nayla (from The Lion King)

Riley (just always liked this name for a girl)

Lexy, Lexi, Lexis

Mercedes (she is sleek like a Mercedes)

Remy

But this morining I was thinking about her shiny black coat and thought of India Ink and Indigo. Now I'm wondering about Indy or Indie. I kind of want something short and snappy - like her :D

Help me!!!!

Well, I spent the first day trying different sounds and names to see if she reacted to anything. Nothing....so I guess I can pick something and let it stick.

I do have a short list:

Zoey

Bella (beautiful in Italian)

Regen (means rain in German)

Maya

Nayla (from The Lion King)

Riley (just always liked this name for a girl)

Lexy, Lexi, Lexis

Mercedes (she is sleek like a Mercedes)

Remy

But this morining I was thinking about her shiny black coat and thought of India Ink and Indigo. Now I'm wondering about Indy or Indie. I kind of want something short and snappy - like her :D

Help me!!!!

I like Indigo/Indie for short... One of my cats is named Belle after Belle in Beauty and the Beast (she is quite beautiful)...I do like Bella, but I think Indie is better...

My male cat's name is Troy... After Troy Aikman... Yes, they are 17 almost 18 years old.... I'd never name my cat Romo....

Mary

A non-stop flight to Vancouver using Continental FF miles opened-up today. Non-stops home from Seattle have not.

However, I did book and hope to change the return to a non-stop. No change fee as long as it is 21 days prior to departure.

Mary

A non-stop flight to Vancouver using Continental FF miles opened-up today. Non-stops home from Seattle have not.

However, I did book and hope to change the return to a non-stop. No change fee as long as it is 21 days prior to departure.

Mary

Great news! Doesn't that make the cruise seem more real?

I like Indigo/Indie for short... One of my cats is named Belle after Belle in Beauty and the Beast (she is quite beautiful)...I do like Bella, but I think Indie is better...

My male cat's name is Troy... After Troy Aikman... Yes, they are 17 almost 18 years old.... I'd never name my cat Romo....

Mary

I think Indie is kind of sticking to me too ;) Love the athlete's names but nothing seems to work for such a lady yet....

Great news! Doesn't that make the cruise seem more real?

Yes, it does. Things seem settled.

I thought non-stops from Seattle would open first as there is only one daily non-stop to Vancouver.

The Seattle flights should open-up within a week or so.

Mary

I had been wondering about you and Margie! No tornados? The weather can really get rough in the rain bands of a hurricane :(

We have had 2 days of rain here too and I was so glad to see the sun about an hour ago. Although it feels like a sauna out there now :eek:

While we didnt have a hurricane, the rain has been killer here. With the exception of a few hours this morning, it has rained for 3 days straight here. Pouring right now.

Everyone have a great and happy 4th of July. I plan on spending mine watching old movies and the World Cup:D

I had been wondering about you and Margie! No tornados? The weather can really get rough in the rain bands of a hurricane :(

We have had 2 days of rain here too and I was so glad to see the sun about an hour ago. Although it feels like a sauna out there now :eek:

No tornados, but constant, heavy rain. Flooding. Hope it lets up tomorrow. Or at least by Sunday.

I'm with Deej... will be taking it easy all weekend. Napping and watching TV. Will watch the Wimbeldon finals... Love Rapha.

Has anyone booked their hotels? Just wondering. That was a big topic last weekend.

I looked at pricing on several online sites today. Cruise fare is just a little higher than what I paid.

Mary

Well, it only took me 90 minutes to get home today! Went through a little high water, but at least none of the freeways on the west side of Houston are closed. Others are and what a mess. I take back my rain dance!!!

Well, it only took me 90 minutes to get home today! Went through a little high water, but at least none of the freeways on the west side of Houston are closed. Others are and what a mess. I take back my rain dance!!!

Hi, Margie

We live in Sugar Land. I work from home and travel, but my DH works at the Beltway and Tanner. It took him about an hour to get home.

We were just watching the news... You are right... What a mess!

Mary

DJ, the rain finally stopped here by about 5pm. I think we'll still be wet through the weekend though :(

Margie and Mary, glad that hurricane Alex didn't cause any damage for you....flooding is bad enough!

Archived