**Golden Princess May 14, 2011 - Vancouver To Seattle**

LEtue

I don't know much about the Doubletree, but have read people talking about it on the boards as a good value. Have you looked on TripAdvisor?

From time to time, the Hyatt offers one day 30% off specials. If you sign-up to get e-mails, you will be notified. The Grand Hyatt, Hyatt at Olive 8, or the new Hyatt Place would all be good options if you can get a special.

Mary

Yup, did that! The Artic Club is rated very high at #6 but I'm still not big on the location for what we plan to do. The Grand Hyatt had a $156 AAA rate this year that I was hoping to see by now (since we saw it last year at this time). Haytt at Olive looks like a good choice to and is at $195 Thurs/$179 Friday. I will probably grab something soon and keep monitoring....

I've been goofing around on hotels the last couple days myself. Looks like the W Seattle is $156 a night, which I thought was a pretty good deal. Appears to be in a pretty good location also. Haven't quite narrowed it down in Vancouver yet, but the Shangri La is awfully appealing;)

Scratch that...the W was actually $165 but it was a Gov rate! Guess I should have looked closer...

Bummer, I was going to jump all over that! That one has been pricing out in the $329 range I think. It looks like a great hotel :)

We're all set for hotels in Vancouver. I think I posted earlier, we're booked at the Hyatt using points.

If we decide to stay an additional night post cruise, I'm sure we'll use points to stay at one of the Hyatt properties. I'm usually ready to head straight home, though.

I'm still working on airfare... No rush...Still have over 300 days...:D

Yup, did that! The Artic Club is rated very high at #6 but I'm still not big on the location for what we plan to do. The Grand Hyatt had a $156 AAA rate this year that I was hoping to see by now (since we saw it last year at this time). Haytt at Olive looks like a good choice to and is at $195 Thurs/$179 Friday. I will probably grab something soon and keep monitoring....

According to my husband's corporate website, The Fairmont has a $183 AAA rate ... It is not shown on Fairmont's website. If you're interested, you could always call and ask for the AAA rate... I just looked... the rate is available on the AAA website.

The hotel has a very good location.

Mary

Thanks Mary. Sounds like you liked the Fairmont and the location is good :)

Linda,

The Fairmont does have a good location and great service. But, IMO, it is overpriced compared to other options. If you happen to get a good rate, food and drinks are still expensive... Would I stay there again? It wouldn't be my first choice. I would like to try the Hyatt at Olive 8 or the W.

Mary

Linda,

The Fairmont does have a good location and great service. But, IMO, it is overpriced compared to other options. If you happen to get a good rate, food and drinks are still expensive... Would I stay there again? It wouldn't be my first choice. I would like to try the Hyatt at Olive 8 or the W.

Mary

Okay, good tip! I'm watching the Hyatts :)

Do either of you have any Starwood points? They are offering the Sheraton, Westin or W for 4,000 points plus $60 per night. That's a good deal.

Mary

Yes, that's a great deal.....if only I had points! I don't travel on business anymore (thankfully - actually) so I just don't accumulate many :( I do have 10K Marriott Rewards so let me know if you see anything for that!

Thanks for sharing that thread Linda, quite funny.

That 4000pt SPG redemption is a pretty sweet deal, especially if you can get the W. I just checked my account, and it looks like I transferred my last to Delta a while back. I used to work for Westin, and we received points every time we signed someone up..they definitely would have come in handy! Oh how I miss the $49 employee rates...

Princess EZAir is now available. Fares are comparable. But, I think I read that you have to pay for the cruise in full if air is booked. Just don't know enough about it.

Still no CO non-stops available with miles. Will keep waiting.

Did see a great rate on Travelocity... Alaska Air to Vancouver with a short stop in Seattle. CO non-stop return from Seattle. $382. The problem is potential cancellation fees. Different airlines, $150 per airline fee to cancel instead of just $150 per ticket.

Mary

Well, I was right... cruise has to be paid in full to lock in EZAir prices. See what I found on the Princess website:

•Prices and Availability are not guaranteed until the cruise and air booking are paid in full.

I would never pay for the entire cruise at this point....

Guess I'll keep monitoring the non-stops for FF seats.

Mary

Thanks for sharing that thread Linda, quite funny.

That 4000pt SPG redemption is a pretty sweet deal, especially if you can get the W. I just checked my account, and it looks like I transferred my last to Delta a while back. I used to work for Westin, and we received points every time we signed someone up..they definitely would have come in handy! Oh how I miss the $49 employee rates...

Employee rates are a great perk. Hopefully the job you have now makes up for the loss of the benefit!

Mary

Well, I was right... cruise has to be paid in full to lock in EZAir prices. See what I found on the Princess website:

•Prices and Availability are not guaranteed until the cruise and air booking are paid in full.

I would never pay for the entire cruise at this point....

Guess I'll keep monitoring the non-stops for FF seats.

Mary

I can't imagine anyone being able to take advantage of this program :confused:

Does the R/T trip SEA help and then just buy a one way to YVR?

I can't imagine anyone being able to take advantage of this program :confused:

Does the R/T trip SEA help and then just buy a one way to YVR?

Good Morning. No, it's more expensive.

What I'm really waiting for is to see if CO releases non-stops with lower level FF mileage. I don't mind making one stop to Vancouver, but really prefer a non-stop home from Seattle. I just need to be patient. This happens every year with non-stops to/from Vancouver.

If it doesn't work out, I'll get serious about purchasing tickets around the time of final payment. Unless I see a super fare somewhere along the way.

Mary

Well, maybe we'll end up on the same 11:35 am flight to IAH on Saturday, May 21. :)

So you chose 11:35 vs. 1:35? In the past, I wouldn't have blinked an eye about booking an 11:35 flight.

On my CB sailing into Brooklyn in May, the ship hit the pier and disembarkation was delayed by 2-3 hours. I was sailing solo with no experience in New York. Therefore, I had booked a late afternoon flight and Princess bus transfers. Wanted to give myself plenty of time with no pressure. It was really a saving grace. The cab line took 2-3 hours to navigate after the late ship departure. My group hopped on the bus and took off to the airport. Many, many people with even 1 or 2 p.m flights had to rebook. Don't know what I'll do... I guess it depends on what's available.

Mary

Yes, we booked the 11:35 am and will have the towncar waiting to wisk us off to the airport. I'm not worried since we can do early disembark and won't have bags to check.

Margie said the pier was a mess this last trip and she still waited at the airport for her flight. I didn't have a lot of options to get home the same day and it will be 10:42 pm before I get to TPA.

Yes, we booked the 11:35 am and will have the towncar waiting to wisk us off to the airport. I'm not worried since we can do early disembark and won't have bags to check.

Margie said the pier was a mess this last trip and she still waited at the airport for her flight. I didn't have a lot of options to get home the same day and it will be 10:42 pm before I get to TPA.

We usually use self-disembarkation too. On the CB, the limos had to wait for those that were first off ... about 2 hours. It was the worst case scenario.

I guess it's different for us. If we opt for the 1:30 flight we arrive in Houston at 7:45. Who knows... we might ultimately spend the night in Seattle.....

Mary

Well, I would prefer to relax and get off at our leisure but I don't have many options if I want to get home the same day.

And since Margie was already booked on the early flight it was an easy choice. :)

Well, I would prefer to relax and get off at our leisure but I don't have many options if I want to get home the same day.

And since Margie was already booked on the early flight it was an easy choice. :)

Hopefully all will go as scheduled and 11:30 will be just fine. :)

Archived