**Golden Princess May 14, 2011 - Vancouver To Seattle**

LEtue

Well we are wanting to do a Sunday return, so I gotta wait till tomorrow, as it still says 331 days out when I try to search Sunday. Actually in talking with Meg tonight, I think we are going to use miles and go to Vancouver direct. We have enough for both of our tickets, and we dont have any "big" trips planned for the next two years where we would need them, so I think its better to just use them now and save the money. We'll use the companion ticket on Delta another time. Plus, I've been worried we were cutting Vancouver short, and this way we'll have basically another day there.

We had a great day on the water. Caught a lot of trout, rock bass, and perch. Not too many keepers, but it was still nice to catch a lot of fish. The scallops were really small compared to usual, I'm guessing because season opened so early. He keeps his boat at Homeport Marina, and thats where we stayed last night. Enjoyed the Ozona Blue and will have to go back there again.

Well we are wanting to do a Sunday return, so I gotta wait till tomorrow, as it still says 331 days out when I try to search Sunday. Actually in talking with Meg tonight, I think we are going to use miles and go to Vancouver direct. We have enough for both of our tickets, and we dont have any "big" trips planned for the next two years where we would need them, so I think its better to just use them now and save the money. We'll use the companion ticket on Delta another time. Plus, I've been worried we were cutting Vancouver short, and this way we'll have basically another day there.

We had a great day on the water. Caught a lot of trout, rock bass, and perch. Not too many keepers, but it was still nice to catch a lot of fish. The scallops were really small compared to usual, I'm guessing because season opened so early. He keeps his boat at Homeport Marina, and thats where we stayed last night. Enjoyed the Ozona Blue and will have to go back there again.

Hi, Deej

Which airline are your FF miles on? Ours are on Continental and they haven't released the 25,000 mile non-stop seats yet. Can get flights with a connection, just not the non-stops from Houston...:( If I remember correctly, those seats are not released for a few weeks.

Mary

Sounds like a good plan and you'll enjoy the extra time in Vancouver :)

Hi, Deej

Which airline are your FF miles on? Ours are on Continental and they haven't released the 25,000 mile non-stop seats yet. Can get flights with a connection, just not the non-stops from Houston...:( If I remember correctly, those seats are not released for a few weeks.

Mary

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

How do you find out when they are released? Just checking daily? Won't it be nice to get flights booked :D

Hi, Deej

Mary

Mine are on Delta. When I put it in for a sat return, all the options show as 40k miles. I had hoped for 25-30k, and I'm not quite sure why its higher this far in advance. Only thing I can think of is because its a multi city itinerary? I've never booked a multi city award ticket to know if its usually higher or not, but it makes me wonder..

So much for that theory...I just did a RT Seattle and it pulled up 40k also...

We have 25,000 miles on Delta. Have considered using them for one ticket (even though the flights are one-stop) and purchasing another. Could only find availability for 32,500 miles. I'm not that familiar with Delta's program or website, but the mileage differences relate to whether the day you are looking at is considered to be a low, medium or high priced travel day.

Low = 12,500 miles

Medium = 20,000 miles

High = 35,000 miles (I think)

Mary

We have 25,000 miles on Delta. Have considered using them for one ticket (even though the flights are one-stop) and purchasing another. Could only find availability for 32,500 miles. I'm not that familiar with Delta's program or website, but the mileage differences relate to whether the day you are looking at is considered to be a low, medium or high priced travel day.

Low = 12,500 miles

Medium = 20,000 miles

High = 35,000 miles (I think)

Mary

Can you codeshare your miles from Delta to Continental? I believe my friend booked her last ticket like that. Booked though Continental and flew Delta as part of the Star Alliance. So maybe it works in reverse?

Can you codeshare your miles from Delta to Continental? I believe my friend booked her last ticket like that. Booked though Continental and flew Delta as part of the Star Alliance. So maybe it works in reverse?

That used to work... Continental was part of Skyteam with Delta... They are now part of the Star Alliance... That's United, US Air, Air Canada, etc.

Mary

Well we're booked:D Got an early morning flight out of MCO that gets us to Vancouver around 12:30, and then we head home from SEA around 11am. Well...now I guess I gotta start looking at hotels..

Well we're booked:D Got an early morning flight out of MCO that gets us to Vancouver around 12:30, and then we head home from SEA around 11am. Well...now I guess I gotta start looking at hotels..

Great news DJ :D

Hi, Deej

Did you use miles or pay for the flights?

Mary

Princess EZAir is now available. Fares are comparable. But, I think I read that you have to pay for the cruise in full if air is booked. Just don't know enough about it.

Still no CO non-stops available with miles. Will keep waiting.

Did see a great rate on Travelocity... Alaska Air to Vancouver with a short stop in Seattle. CO non-stop return from Seattle. $382. The problem is potential cancellation fees. Different airlines, $150 per airline fee to cancel instead of just $150 per ticket.

Mary

Hi, Deej

Did you use miles or pay for the flights?

Mary

We wound up using miles. We've been hoarding them for a long time thinking we would go back to Europe and they'd come in handy. But after talking about it, we realized we probably aren't going back for another 2 years at least, so its better to save the money now rather than later.

Hi everyone,

I rescued another dobie today from the local Animal Services. She was on death row and was scheduled to be put down tomorrow! I will be picking her up early next week after she is spayed. So that is my big news of the day! Here she is.....

1813084096_FL421.16681231-1-pn1.jpg.177ee138cd27a55da6d735227fe27ef4.jpg

Hi everyone,

I rescued another dobie today from the local Animal Services. She was on death row and was scheduled to be put down tomorrow! I will be picking her up early next week after she is spayed. So that is my big news of the day! Here she is.....

What a great way to start the weekend! My heart skipped a beat. What's her name?

Mary

What a great way to start the weekend! My heart skipped a beat. What's her name?

Mary

Don't know! I think I may need to get her here for a few days and see what fits :) Got a list growing though!

It really is the best way to start the weekend :D

Congrats on the new family member, Linda! I know you needed another one, and I'm glad you found one that works for you. Best of luck.

I can't wait to get her...such a sweetie and she needed a home where she will gets lots of love :D

Mary, any Seattle hotels experiences to pass along? Margie and stayed at the Crown Plaza last time and that was really nice. We arrived late and there were no options for dining in the area so we utilized the bar which has some food service available.

On my one trip without Margie a group of us stayed at the Warwick and it was certainly okay too. The room was a bit outdated but it had a nice view of the Space Needle and the on site restaurant and location were great.

Bidding is always an option but when needing a double/double room there is a risk. Although so far when calling the hotel and making the request - it has always worked out.....

Mary, any Seattle hotels experiences to pass along? Margie and stayed at the Crown Plaza last time and that was really nice. We arrived late and there were no options for dining in the area so we utilized the bar which has some food service available.

On my one trip without Margie a group of us stayed at the Warwick and it was certainly okay too. The room was a bit outdated but it had a nice view of the Space Needle and the on site restaurant and location were great.

Bidding is always an option but when needing a double/double room there is a risk. Although so far when calling the hotel and making the request - it has always worked out.....

Hi, Linda

The only time we sailed out of Seattle, we had a room at the Fairmont included with the cruise fare. It was very nice, but don't think I'd pay the $$$ to stay there.

I've heard the Doubletree Arctic Club Hotel is a value... Older hotel that's been recently rennovated.

Mary

Hi, Linda

The only time we sailed out of Seattle, we had a room at the Fairmont included with the cruise fare. It was very nice, but don't think I'd pay the $$$ to stay there.

I've heard the Doubletree Arctic Club Hotel is a value... Older hotel that's been recently rennovated.

Mary

The Doubletree has great rates! Under $100 for the dates we need. Just not sure about the area that it is in.....:confused:

The Doubletree has great rates! Under $100 for the dates we need. Just not sure about the area that it is in.....:confused:

I don't know much about the Doubletree, but have read people talking about it on the boards as a good value. Have you looked on TripAdvisor?

From time to time, the Hyatt offers one day 30% off specials. If you sign-up to get e-mails, you will be notified. The Grand Hyatt, Hyatt at Olive 8, or the new Hyatt Place would all be good options if you can get a special.

Mary

Archived