taking soft drinks ashore

:confused: Hi all just a quick question. We have booked several shore excursions. I have paid for a soda package will I be able to fill my flask to take on the coach. Or would i have to buy water to take off of the boat.

Bearing in mind its is quite a long journey and dont want to get dehydrated. many thanks

I was stopped at the gangway in Barbados with a cup of coffee from the Cafe Promenade(yum!) and was told that I could not take it off the ship with me...maybe if it is a sealed container they would not have a problem...

As you get off the ship they usually sell bottles of water..You might be better off filling your own before to take with you !!!

Thanks to all Thankyou for the replies.

Bearing in mind its is quite a long journey and dont want to get dehydrated. many thanks

I think you are better off taking water as opposed to soda if you are concerned about becoming dehydrated.

I used to get my Princess flask filled up with tap water from the bar but it leaked so definitely don't try and fill up fizzy drinks. I also made a mistake of buying a bottle of water once, what a rip off!!! My advice is get your own water bottle and then get them to fill it at the bar.

it's kind of a mixed bag.if the ship thinks it's missing an opportunity to make a buck they might take what you have,bit I doubt it. Just take your drinks water etc,put it in a beach bag,Food and fruit is another story:mad:

I have filled my RC Container w/soda before getting off the ship and hubby has brought several bottles of water. That way I have a choice in refreshments. No problems at all with RC. Hubby has taken his coffee from the promenade cafe also with a lid on it and no problems there either. Food is another matter. If taking food off the ship put in a sealed sandwich/ziploc bag and put in a beach bag.

I used to get my Princess flask filled up with tap water from the bar but it leaked so definitely don't try and fill up fizzy drinks. I also made a mistake of buying a bottle of water once, what a rip off!!! My advice is get your own water bottle and then get them to fill it at the bar.

Or get it out of your bathroom sink. It's the same water source, after all.

Also, you will have ample opportunity onshore to purchase beverages. I usually take a bottle of water with me to tide me over until there's an opportunity.

I have filled my RC Container w/soda before getting off the ship and hubby has brought several bottles of water. That way I have a choice in refreshments. No problems at all with RC. Hubby has taken his coffee from the promenade cafe also with a lid on it and no problems there either. Food is another matter. If taking food off the ship put in a sealed sandwich/ziploc bag and put in a beach bag.

I have also seen people being stopped with coffee cups and having to throw them out on RC. Wonder if it has to do with the port??

As for your last sentence above, not sure if you are aware but is actually illegal in many countries/islands to take food off the ship. Pre-packaged items are fine, but anything you would take off the buffet and put into a ziplock bag is a no no. You can be fined or worse in some places. It all has to do with the agricultural environment. Each country has their own 'bugs' and it can lead to horrible consequences if they get to the wrong place.

To the OP bring along bottled water and you will be fine.

As long as not a produce you should be fine in a sealed container. It is the produce like apples and bananas etc... there is a problem. Cookies and sandwiches have been okay.

As long as not a produce you should be fine in a sealed container. It is the produce like apples and bananas etc... there is a problem. Cookies and sandwiches have been okay.

You may want to check that out. I've heard of people having issues when they have made sandwiches, put them in ziplocs and taken them from the ship. My understanding is only pre-packaged items can be taken ashore. Is it done every day, probably so, is it the lawful thing to do, don't think so.

Absolutely untrue - SEALED containers mean factory sealed as in small boxes of cereal, granola bars, individual packets of crackers and the like. It does not mean self-sealing a sandwich in a ziplock bag. The fact that you have concealed these items and have gotten through does NOT make they okay in a port where they are prohibited - it just means you did not get caught.

Archived