Interior Cabin even tho use to Balcony?

Sdallnct

Though you might be use to a balcony, would you book an interior? If you have gone from balcony to interior, how did you like it?

I know this is odd, but in the 10-12 cruises we have been on over 20 years we have only done a true interior once. And that was 8 years ago and we took the kids! So 4 of us in an interior and it was kind of rough. The main reason were not enough storage and one small bathroom for 4 people to get ready in the morning/dinner.

We got a Balcony in November for our anniversary (just wife and I) and thought about a cruise this November, again, just wife and I. But we didn't want to spend that kind of money. Of course as we looked at other options such as just going to Vegas or San Antonio or something for a week the cost is getting real close to an interior cabin on a cruise maybe more. Likely more.

Sooo...thinking of doing the Conquest for a week on an interior cabin. It would just be just wife and I. We loved the Valor so we know the Conquest would be fun.

Thoughts on "going budget" when use to going First Class?

I've been in Interior, Ocean View, Balcony, Jr. Suites, and Grand Suites.

After a suite, went back to an interior because it was a father/son cruise and son was paying for it.

Had a GREAT time even in an Interior again. Nothing like sleeping late into the morning because the cabin is SOOOOO dark.

Hey, if the price is right, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

DH & I have sailed in more interior cabins than any other category although we've booked balcony at times and a mini-suite on NCL once. We've sailed NCL, Carnival, Celebrity, RCL and Princess. Always booked a balcony on Carnival before but have an interior booked for our upcoming cruise in November.

Our rule of thumb is we'd rather be sailing to far away places on vacation than staying put at an all inclusive or staying at home. If the cruise we are taking has 3 or more sea days we try to book a balcony if we can afford it at the time. However, we booked an inside for a 10-day cruise several years ago on Celebrity and got bumped up to an OV. :cool:

We booked an inside for November because the cruise was very inexpensive and we're hoping to book another cruise for winter 2011 by saving some big bucks on an interior this year.

Doesn't bother us in the least to keep going back and forth between interior, balcony, suite, etc. As long as there's a cabin available at the price we can afford at the time we want to go --

why not seize the moment and enjoy the time we have left in life.:D

Dianne

I've only had balconies on my 5 cruises including 2 that were aft wraps.

But I have booked an interior on a 4 day on the Imagination in Nov and another on a 7 day on the Splendor in February.

Guess I'm going to be finding out if I like it or not. ;)

But mainly did it because I'm doing an 8 day with an aft wrap on the Miracle right after the 4 day in Nov and planning on doing the Magic next Sept which even with only a cove balcony will be $$$ once airfare and all the extras are factored in.

So I'm doing the interiors to get some extra cruising in for a little less moola!

And even though I consider myself to be a balcony snob I haven't been using it as much my last couple cruises. I say go for it. It can't be that bad and if you really don't like it you don't have to book one again! And maybe you'll find you really like it, especially with the money saved. That's how I'm looking at it anyway! :)

I unfortunately have never had the pleasure of having a balcony:( We always booked a ocean view room but on a Princess Cruise we only had the choice of an inside cabin. Luckily it was at the rear of the ship (2nd cabin from the end) and it worked out like we had our own private balcony :D So sometimes it can have all the perks without the expense it you book the right inside cabin :cool:

We've done interior, oceanview & balcony. Going back to interior in July. I enjoyed sitting on our balcony & reading, but I think we enjoyed reading out on deck just as much. Our RCCL in September will be oceanview only because there were no interior cabins left. We don't spend tons of time in our cabin, so I don't think I will have trouble re-adjusting to not having a window or balcony.

I just booked an interior and have had an OV and balcony before, but the price on the interior was next to nothing...we are flying to New Orleans and spending 2 days there before our cruise and one night after our cruise and all of it is right at $1000.00 for both of us....so I look at the fact that the balcony is not worth the money spent for 5 days , when I can turn that money into 2 vacations in one....and I can't understand making the cabin the most important part of my vacation anyway....:D;)

We have been on 13 cruises and we only have had a balcony 3 maybe 4 times.

We look at budget first and figure with the 4 of us we can take the extra

$$ and do some great excursions.

However with our ES program we were able to be lucky and upgrade several

times last cruise for $1.25 difference pp for the cruise.

So going back to inside is not a issue.

Have done balconies - husband and I did a cruise on the Miracle and decided to save bucks by going interior and had absolutely no issues at all. We spent so little time in there that it did not matter to us. The only thing I found is that I slept later because it was so dark and I NEVER sleep in so it was an awesome bonus. I would say without hesitation to go for it.

Though you might be use to a balcony, would you book an interior? If you have gone from balcony to interior, how did you like it?

Thoughts on "going budget" when use to going First Class?

we've done it...doing it again this year. Our budget is tight, it's either an interior or stay home. But thanks to ES we got to upgrade to a spa cabin so we're getting lots of really good perks and being on deck 11 we're just a few steps from being outside. So we're very happy with our choice.

Of course we like a balcony more...but except for the room the service and cruise is the same..so it's still a 1st class vacation. You are treated no differently for being in an inside cabin.

It is plenty of room for 2. Can't imagine 4.

Go for it! I will say one thing, we do sleep better in an interior and longer!

I'll be doing my first 7 day in an interior cabin in October. I don't mind the interior cabins (have done 3) but I don't know about a 7 day one. The light issue is something I don't like but will try the TV trick this trip. I really do like going out on the balcony to read though and with 3 sea days? I just don't know. But, I believe in forming my own opinions so I'll just have to test it out and see how it goes! Plus, we splurged and went the balcony route for the Miracle since it's 3 new ports for us. In the end, I think it will be ok. :)

I believe a cruise is so much better than a Vegas vacation. Many times to be able to take a bonus cruise, I have sailed in an inside cabin. I don't have a problem switching cabin categories.

I have been in 3 suites, 1 balcony, 9 OV, and 6 inside. The next 2 cruises will be in interior cabins and the last one was in a suite.

I hope you find it easy to adjust to the difference in cabin types and have a wonderful cruise.

Archived