You can all join in

ekco

Our son was married in Taormina, Sicily which is a big destination for American cruise passengers. They all turned up on the same day and were like caricature Americans with very large cameras, thousands of them. Nice place that, you might have seen it on Alan Whickers program about his war service a couple of years ago. I'm surprised that the tour companies don't do more holidays or cruises there. We didn't go up Mount Etna but you can see the steam venting at certain times of the day all along the coast, just here and there right down to the sea. :D:D

RR do you have a stall in the pub?

Jan

Our son was married in Taormina, Sicily which is a big destination for American cruise passengers. They all turned up on the same day and were like caricature Americans with very large cameras, thousands of them. Nice place that, you might have seen it on Alan Whickers program about his war service a couple of years ago. I'm surprised that the tour companies don't do more holidays or cruises there. We didn't go up Mount Etna but you can see the steam venting at certain times of the day all along the coast, just here and there right down to the sea. :D:D

RR do you have a stall in the pub?

Jan

Hi Jan,

We were in Taormina on our 1st cruise on I.E. Docked in Messina then.

It poured down nearly all day. :( Got up Etna, up to the lower craters where the road stops.

Hi Jan,

We were in Taormina on our 1st cruise on I.E. Docked in Messina then.

It poured down nearly all day. :( Got up Etna, up to the lower craters where the road stops.

Hi Berwyn

Thomson aren't going there this year, I think. I'd like to go back one day.:):)

Jan

Hi Berwyn

Thomson aren't going there this year, I think. I'd like to go back one day.:):)

Jan

Hi Jan,

Yes, I saw that They're stopping the other side of the island. Taormina was lovely even in the rain, it must be beautiful when the weather's good.

Like Rhodes it's one of those places we visited that we'd love to go back to.

Berwyn

Hi Jan,

Yes, I saw that They're stopping the other side of the island. Taormina was lovely even in the rain, it must be beautiful when the weather's good.

Like Rhodes it's one of those places we visited that we'd love to go back to.

Berwyn

We had a lovely wedding there, it was on the 7th June about 6 years ago and it was in the town hall with the mayor. The weather was lovely that week and we stayed just outside in a resort I can't spell, lol (Letojianni, or something like). The end of June would have been better though as they were just getting the resort ready for the season when we were there. We were in a hotel overlooking the beach with 2 balconies as we were on a corner so we had a good view of the whole resort. No pool but an enormous roof terrace from which we could see the whole resort. Hotels a lot cheaper outside Taormina, we paid £200 less than the wedding party. The hotel was a scream though, we had to pick our dinner for the next day just as we were eating and only a choice of 2 main courses. Very Sicilian.:):)

Sun's out, hurray, so I'm out in the garden for a bit.

Jan

The hotel was a scream though, we had to pick our dinner for the next day just as we were eating and only a choice of 2 main courses. Very Sicilian.:):)

Sun's out, hurray, so I'm out in the garden for a bit.

Jan

We've had a lot of that in Italian hotels in the past.

Sun's been out all morning here. Beautiful, like someone's turned the heating right up.

Berwyn

Noooo, don't forget I work in an Nuclear power station..it's so flippin hot now the weather has turned :eek:

Now changed to my second set of overalls :mad:

Yes I forgot, so used to working at night forget people work in the day :D

Berwyn

I take it that it's still dull and / or raining for you.

Berwyn

Too much information,:eek:.

Just in to check of that madman in Cumbria. Dead!! what's the point these people are trying to make. Terrible. They even shut the doors of the nuclear plant and told the afternoon shift to stay at home.

Boiling hot here now, weird weather, different every day.

Trying to get ahead of the tanning game so I don't have to waste my time on board.

Jan

Too much information,:eek:.

Just in to check of that madman in Cumbria. Dead!! what's the point these people are trying to make. Terrible. They even shut the doors of the nuclear plant and told the afternoon shift to stay at home.

Boiling hot here now, weird weather, different every day.

Trying to get ahead of the tanning game so I don't have to waste my time on board.

Jan

World's gone mad. :eek:

Weather too, cool but wet overnight yesterday and like you boiling hot and sunny today.

Don't get burnt out there.

Berwyn

World's gone mad. :eek:

Weather too, cool but wet overnight yesterday and like you boiling hot and sunny today.

Don't get burnt out there.

Berwyn

The factor 30 is on. A good day to take up mugging, I'd never get caught as I'm as slippery as a greasy pig, lol. :D:D

Jan

good man. Have some for me, I can't have any now till after the weekend.:(

That'll be plenty of water for you, flush out the old kidneys. :D:D

After what's happened today we should all count our blessings and enjoy life a bit more.:)

It would be tempting to go out and buy a large cream cake but I shall resist.;)

Jan

That'll be plenty of water for you, flush out the old kidneys. :D:D

After what's happened today we should all count our blessings and enjoy life a bit more.:)

It would be tempting to go out and buy a large cream cake but I shall resist.;)

Jan

I've been very good, only had 4 cans of lager on Monday night. That's all the booze I've had in over 2 weeks.

Yes, very true. It also said on news about 4p.m. 3 people found dead in a house in Derbyshire today. No more details. Really shakes you.

One of the girls who works with DW has gone up to Cumbria for her honeymoon yesterday.

That's good of you, willpower. :D

Berwyn

Just made a brew..and noticed on the box ....it was suitable for vegetarians :eek: what ever next, tea "leaves" suitable for vegetarians :D

The worlds gone mad I tell you ...mind you I will forget all about the world in 3 weeks time :p

hubby in Milan/Paris :)- daughter gave me a dizzy:( guy who used to work with hubby went into his wife's work - stabbed her to death, then stabbed himself, he is serious but stable - got out the vino and the Italian/Mediterrian bread - and thinks the world will hopefully sort its self out

hubby in Milan/Paris :)- daughter gave me a dizzy:( guy who used to work with hubby went into his wife's work - stabbed her to death, then stabbed himself, he is serious but stable - got out the vino and the Italian/Mediterrian bread - and thinks the world will hopefully sort its self out

I don't understand. :confused:

Jan

Just got back after a few Apple juices :p

Jan, let me explain :D

HLL's a bloke used to work with a guy who's husband went to work, knifed her, then turned the knife on himself, but he is in a stable condition. but alas she died. So HLL got the vino out with a bit of bread and butter and had few to sort the world out (as you do)

Well at least that's how I read it, HLL we will have a few beers over the world cup ;)

Archived