How to Thank my TA?

OMG, there is no comparison to medical school and the responsibility of a doctor or law school to a TA!!!!! You lost all credibility.

While I might agree with you that there´s a difference in education needed to be a doctor, lawyer or TA I don´t see any difference in professionalysm. Being a TA is a profession as it is to be a dr. or lawyer.

All these people have one thing in common - they are doing a job and offer a service to make a living. Why would you expect a TA to be available 24/7 while not expecting the same thing from your dr. and lawyer:confused:

There are 5 or 6 folks in our TA's office. We sent them a Mrs. Prindable's apple assortment (caramel, chocolate covered with other goodies) and they loved it.

You are probably correct that most or all of them enjoyed your gift, but they would appreciate much more your repeat business and any referrals that you might provide. Those things last a lot longer than a basket of goodies and won't present any problems with any of the folks in that office who might be diabetic or have weight issues. :)

My TA has definitely gotten a lot of business from us! We will continue to use her as long as we are able to cruise and she continues to work. We have also convinced my parents to use her, and she has booked 2 cruises for them, and I am sure many more in the future. We gave her double business this time around with a B2B! However, I have called her about 3 times as much because we keep getting price drops.

It amazes me that while I know she is making a commission, I am paying her nothing.... It is the least I can do to show my appreciation.

All these people have one thing in common - they are doing a job and offer a service to make a living. Why would you expect a TA to be available 24/7 while not expecting the same thing from your dr. and lawyer:confused:

My DH is often on call and that means 24/7. I've been woken up more than once after midnight when he has to go into the hospital.

I know that I have given my TA lots of business since my wife and I started cruising. My TA continuously tells me how grateful he is. When I book, he does what he can for me is additional OBC when able to with the cruises we take. I have also mailed small gift cards for his personal use as another way to thank him. I think IMHO that he appreciates what we have done for him as a thank you for his wonderful service.

You could also contact your local Better Business Bureau. They not only collect negative info, they collect positive info and give awards/recognize businesses that provide stellar service in newsletters, newpaper articles, award lists, etc.

Just be sure to get them on the GOOD list! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
You could also contact your local Better Business Bureau. They not only collect negative info, they collect positive info and give awards/recognize businesses that provide stellar service in newsletters, newpaper articles, award lists, etc.

Just be sure to get them on the GOOD list! ;)

I will be sure to do this when we return from our cruise.

Maybe its corny but when we offer our TA something special, he always asks for a picture of us enjoying ourselves on the cruise. I usually end up giving a a cd of pictures, videos etc that he can use to show new cruisers, after all which would you rather see professional videos of Hubbard glacier or actual passengers videos.

Maybe its corny but when we offer our TA something special, he always asks for a picture of us enjoying ourselves on the cruise. I usually end up giving a a cd of pictures, videos etc that he can use to show new cruisers, after all which would you rather see professional videos of Hubbard glacier or actual passengers videos.

This is also a great idea! Thanks for the tip!

BroncosFan2010, I second the Panera Bread idea. Moreover, I think it is wonderful that you are recognizing someone.

Whether or not it's their "job" to find you price drops during their time off, the fact is she cares about giving you the best overall experience. That deserves kudos.

PS- You sound like a nice person too, so I'll bet it's a pleasure for her to go above and beyond to help you.

That is so nice of you to do that. I think it's the little things like that that really make the difference out there. I had someone give me a box of candy for just doing my job, and it was so nice. He also made a point of sending a note to my boss. Those kinds of things get noticed. They get put in a person's file and can make the difference when it comes to getting raises, etc.

Our family's TA is amazing. Especially these days, when it's so easy to do everything online, we always refer people to her when we can.

A- I think if the OP wants to send a thank you gift, then they should.

B- I think the interenet/cell phones/etc.... has made a very demanding customer base. Some of which I think are totally unrealistic in expecting to have someone at their beck and call 24/7.

C- I think there are MANY people in MANY professions that have a phenomenal work ethic to the point of trying to do their job 24/7 when they can.

D- I KNOW I am lucky to have my own super TA.

Stepping down from my soap box.

Thanx,

Erika

Thanks for all the replies. I do think my TA deserves extra special treatment in this case. I had called the office and someone else was willing to work with me in my TA's place. However, my TA ended up being contacted by someone at the office, and she personally came into handle my concerns.

Our TA also does a fantastic job. A couple of years ago we booked a cruise on RCCL out of Philly to Bermuda. We had an aft balcony cabin and RCCL asked us to switch to a JS which on that ship was the same sq footage inside but our aft balcony was bigger - I told her "no" and I thought all was okay. The thursday night I pulled up our reservation to check something & our original cabin was still showing. The next day (which was the day before we were to cruise) on a whim I pulled it up again. RCCL switched us:eek:. I called the TA #'s and it had an out of office message & gave her cell # - I called and even though she was on vacation she spent about 1 1/2 hrs on the phone w/RCCL & got our cabin back.

Pat

Our TA also does a fantastic job. A couple of years ago we booked a cruise on RCCL out of Philly to Bermuda. We had an aft balcony cabin and RCCL asked us to switch to a JS which on that ship was the same sq footage inside but our aft balcony was bigger - I told her "no" and I thought all was okay. The thursday night I pulled up our reservation to check something & our original cabin was still showing. The next day (which was the day before we were to cruise) on a whim I pulled it up again. RCCL switched us:eek:. I called the TA #'s and it had an out of office message & gave her cell # - I called and even though she was on vacation she spent about 1 1/2 hrs on the phone w/RCCL & got our cabin back.

Pat

Now that is great service.

We have a great TA and we have referred at least 20 friends to her that book at least one cruise per year, most more. She is very appreciative and lets us know at every chance she has to tell us just that. We have also sent her flowers as a thank you and she was floored that someone would do that. Not only did it make her day it brightened the entire office. The world would be a better place with a little more kindness shown to those around us, imho. Do what you feel comfortable with and she will appreciate it, I'm sure.

We have a great TA and we have referred at least 20 friends to her that book at least one cruise per year, most more. She is very appreciative and lets us know at every chance she has to tell us just that. We have also sent her flowers as a thank you and she was floored that someone would do that. Not only did it make her day it brightened the entire office. The world would be a better place with a little more kindness shown to those around us, imho. Do what you feel comfortable with and she will appreciate it, I'm sure.

That is what I hope to do... brighten her day!

Now that is great service.

And it so happened that another one of her clients was in an Owners Suite (on the Empress) and she said to see him if we had any problems - he cruised alot & had a big mouth :D. We told her we don't want to give up our JS AFT on the Explorer (a b2b) unless they gave us the Royal Suite.

Pat

My TA is amazing. She goes above and beyond to help me answer questions, and even made sure I got my price drop, even though it was her day off. We have used her for every cruise, and will continue to do so. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can show my appreciation other than a simple "Thank You" card? I don't want to do the cheesy "bring something back from the cruise" idea, unless it is really good. HELP!

Tell your cruising friends about your TA.

And it so happened that another one of her clients was in an Owners Suite (on the Empress) and she said to see him if we had any problems - he cruised alot & had a big mouth :D. We told her we don't want to give up our JS AFT on the Explorer (a b2b) unless they gave us the Royal Suite.

Pat

I hate hearing stories of the cruise line deciding to "upgrade". It worries me that even though we hand pick our cabin, they can just move us because of an "upgrade". I have heard you can request "no upgrade" on your reservation. I agree, unless they are giving me a larger aft cabin with a bigger balcony, or the RS... I don't want to be moved.

Archived