Lost Camera - Any Arubans Here?

Ikelite doesn't know what dive shop it was sold from? They can't track who they ship to?

I haven't heard back from them yet. I spoke to the rep on Friday. I suspect I won't have an answer until tomorrow with the holiday weekend.

Aqua..what about a local Arubian newspaper? Would they be interested in the story?

The woman helping me in Aruba is the Editor-in-Chief of the Aruba Today newspaper. About a half hour ago, she said she was getting ready to go to the Schakel school.

Edited by Aquahound

I haven't heard back from them yet. I spoke to the rep on Friday. I suspect I won't have an answer until tomorrow with the holiday weekend.

The woman helping me in Aruba is the Editor-in-Chief of the Aruba Today newspaper. About a half hour ago, she said she was getting ready to go to the Schakel school.

Great!!! Hope she gets some results.

Those guys owe you a drink if they get their camera back.:D

This has to be one of the best threads that I have ever read here on CC.

Aquahound...... what an awesome thing for you to go through this effort to return the camera. It will be awesome if this turns out to be successful. Keep us informed!

This has to be one of the best threads that I have ever read here on CC.

Aquahound...... what an awesome thing for you to go through this effort to return the camera. It will be awesome if this turns out to be successful. Keep us informed!

I'm enjoying this thread and keeping my fingers crossed that the owner is found

:cj

This was just posted by Julia on the Aruba website:

GREAT NEWS. Went to the school, sorted through all the toe-heads to find the owner of the camera who I recognized from the photos you posted. The Mom couldn't believe that their camera was found in another country (much less in Florida). Venezuela, Colombia, even Panama would have been more believable. She said the camera drifted away from him while he was securing the anchor of the dive boat.

That is awesome Paul!!!! Congratulations and I am glad all your hard work paid off. So many people would have thought sweet a new camera and gone on with their life. You went above and beyond to do the right thing though. Love happy endings! Take care, Jim

Three cheers for Paul!

I agree with Ocean Boy who said this has to be one of the nicest stories/threads ever put on here.

Aquahound, you are a truly nice person to go through all of this for a stranger.

I am so pleased to hear it turned out great. ;)

From the Aruba boards,

Andrea J:

aquahound you get the blue ribbon and good deed award for the day! thank you

Will this do?

Blue Ribbon award.

ribbon_blu.gif

Edited by Alexis

Wow this is so cool. I just read the whole thread. I havent watched the sea turtle video yet but I will lol. I am so glad that you did all that work and I bet they are so appreative. Its a funny thing where Items float to and end up. It says a lot about tides and currents and what not.

Anyway so glad you found the owners of the Camera and I bet they are glad as well,

Adri

I just read all the posts what a great person you are to go through all that to find the owners. So happy that it worked out well. I left my camera in a bathroom in Disney World realized it about 4 minutes later. The mouse never returned it. The camera had all my kids pics on it so I know how it feels to loose all your pics.

Thanks for the kudos everyone. I was just given the name of the owner in Aruba.

When the story gets published, I'll post a link. :)

That would be great!!!

Keep us informed..if you talk to him..etc...wait...maybe you can't "scoop" the story?:o

At any rate..great work.

We are proud of you.:D