Lost Camera - Any Arubans Here?

Have you considered contacting a newpaper or TV station in Aruba. If I have read your post right it sounds like someone who lives there. Might just work. In the other camera thread there was a story on BBC, that a friend of the woman who lost the camera reconized her from pics.

Edited by cruisin' 4 fun

That is great! I hope I have the same success.

I'm still amazed at this camera floating all the way from Aruba and landing practically in my back yard.

Paul, it ended up in a place where it knew the person that found it would try to get it back to it's owner.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Have you considered contacting a newpaper or TV station in Aruba. If I have read your post right it sounds like someone who lives there. Might just work. In the other camera thread there was a story on BBC' date=' that a friend of the woman who lost the camera reconized her from pics.[/quote']

ArubaLisa has really been helping me out on an Aruba forum. Some teachers and the tourism board have already been contacted. We'll see what it turns up.

Caribbeanboy on this site is from Aruba.

He is on often.

Good luck .

Yes...that's him! I knew someone here was from down there. Hopefully he will see this. This is one case where I wish these boards had Private Messaging.

Aquahound, what an amazing person you are to go to all this trouble :) Just a thought, have you posted this on the Trip Advisor Aruba forum? I realise you can't post the pictures there, but you could post a link to this thread.

Aquahound, what an amazing person you are to go to all this trouble :) Just a thought, have you posted this on the Trip Advisor Aruba forum? I realise you can't post the pictures there, but you could post a link to this thread.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to see how it works out on http://www.aruba.com. After a few days, I'll head over to the Trip Advisor site as well. Thanks, again. :)

I wish you all the luck in finding this person. Not everyone would go out of their way to track someone down like this.

According to Caribbeanboy's signature he is from Curacao. Maybe he can still help if he sees this thread. ;)

Someone in the forums on www.Aruba.com recognized the family. They are calling them tomorrow. It's looking good.... :)

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/lost-camera-need-aruban-help-45669/#post176293

I just went and read the Aruba boards and watched the Turtle film. I jumped a foot when it started. :eek: :o :D I had it up too loud.

That big guy had a ball with that camera. I can not believe he did not break that bag it was in.

That video and story would make a great commercial selling feature for that waterproof product. :D

I hope you hear from them tomorrow. ;)

Edited by Alexis

Thanks, CJ. I appreciate the kudos.

The camera was in an Ikelite housing. There was not one single drop of water or grain of salt inside the housing. I already reached out to Ikelite and gave them the story. They are currently trying to track the serial number for me. I should have an answer on Tuesday.

Paul, No luck with tracking the serial number on the camera? I would think someone would have registered it. I love the turtle video. Funny the turtle stayed with that thing a long time.

Paul, No luck with tracking the serial number on the camera? I would think someone would have registered it. I love the turtle video. Funny the turtle stayed with that thing a long time.

Hi Vince. No, there was no luck there. Ikelite tends to sell their housings as a package with the Nikon camera included. We think that was the case here. No warranty card was ever sent in for the camera.

Hi Vince. No, there was no luck there. Ikelite tends to sell their housings as a package with the Nikon camera included. We think that was the case here. No warranty card was ever sent in for the camera.

Ikelite doesn't know what dive shop it was sold from? They can't track who they ship to?

I just have to echo what an incredible story this is. I hope that the woman from Aruba gets back to you with good news! I'm also amazed that the turtle tried for as long as he did to eat it! He wasn't about to give up. :)

On a side note... what kind of camera was it? The video that the turtle took was amazingly clear. I'm thinking of buying a new camera this summer, and I'm very intrigued at the idea of getting one with this Ikelite housing.

Ikelite housings are very expensive. The usually cost more than the camera they're made for.

I have a dive camera set up ( Olympus with Ikelite housing and strobes ) and I don't know if I've sent in my camera warenty info, but I know I've sent in my Ikelite stuff...:eek:

I'm wondering if you could contact DAN insurance. They sell insurance for scuba and have policies to cover lost/damaged equipment.

I know I'd be putting in a claim if my camera stuff floated away.