Carnival cruise ship bartender accused of raping teen

I'm one of those idiots that always thought your name would go on "the list" from voter registration. So I didn't.

I was told, NONSENSE, so I eventually registered in the 90's. I was called for jury duty within 6 months. Case was settled out of court, so I was dismissed.

I got another summons just as I was moving off the island, and sent it back stating so.

Been safe now 10 years, wondering if I should register for 2012. :eek:

In Texas to widen the pool they switched to drivers license. Said certain sections of the public were under represented based on voter registrations.

I think that is SO over dramatic.

Indeed it is. To make the point that you're allowing your moral outrage to overshadow the fact that this man is standing trial for his actions. And that you aren't on the jury. So while you're entitled to you opinion, you're not entitled to paint this man guilty because you're morally outraged. That's as ridiculous as blaming it on aliens.

We all have opinions on everything we see and read and experience every day. IF I were a juror, it would be wrong to 'feel' a certain way about this before sitting through a trial and hearing everything, but I am not a juror. I am a person who read an article posted on line. BASED on that article I feel (if it is accurate) the guy is guilty of assault (minimum...possibly rape).

I am not on a soap box screaming "Off with his head!".

Yes, I know that -- you're clear that it's your opinion based on what you read. And you threw in the nice caveat "if it's accurate". What if it's not? What if this guy is found innocent of all charges?

Man, we don't get $40 until you've been on JD for 3 days. We only get $5 a day for the first two days.

What? That more jury pool candidates would be dismissed and it'd be even harder to sit a criminal jury? The point of being on a jury is to be objective about the case, to look at it in the abstract. Clearly, most of the people in this forum aren't capable of that as they can't disentangle their own moral outrage with the legalities of the situation.

Actually, what I was getting at is that as soon as we stop being a wishy-washy society and forget about that PC nonsense...we can hopefully get criminals to realize that the criminal justice system will not tolerate illegal behavior in the simple minded way that we have begun to in the past few years. Does not mean I want the innocent wrongly convicted...it means I don't want the guilty wrongly freed.

In Texas to widen the pool they switched to drivers license. Said certain sections of the public were under represented based on voter registrations.

They use 3 lists in NJ ... voter registration, license and car registration, and tax records.

It's really freakin' unavoidable here.

that makes sense.......as long as you don't have unlicensed drivers driving all over the place........in NY state we have a little problem with people driving without legal licenses.

It scares me that most of the posters on this thead are potential jury pool members.

"Were going to give you a fair trial followed by a first class hanging" Cobb in the movie Silverado.

oh I bet there are many folks that are not on any of those lists.

A lot of those people aren't citizens, aren't fit to sit on a jury due to criminal backgrounds or mental defect, and generally aren't fit for society in the first place. ;)

that makes sense.......as long as you don't have unlicensed drivers driving all over the place........in NY state we have a little problem with people driving without legal licenses.

That was me for ten years. I was lucky!

Finally took care of it in Sept. Had to start from scratch (took road test in WP).

I was older than the instructor. :eek:

That was me for ten years. I was lucky!

Finally took care of it in Sept. Had to start from scratch (took road test in WP).

I was older than the instructor. :eek:

Are you kidding? No license? 10 Years? So no insurance then? Or was the car insured by someone else and they let you drive it? Too risky for me.

And you look so law abiding. And you cruise as well!:D

Are you kidding? No license? 10 Years? So no insurance then? Or was the car insured by someone else and they let you drive it? Too risky for me.

And you look so law abiding. And you cruise as well!:D

When my father had his first heart attack in '93, my mother went into his wallet to get his insurance card and found out his license was ten years out of date. She'd always wondered by the car insurance was in her name. :D

_quote=LemurCap;24653354]Wlen my father ha` his first heart attack in '93, my mother went into his wallet to get his insurance card and found out his license was ten years out of date. She'd always wondered by the car insurance was in her name.

When my father had his first heart attack in '93, my mother went into his wallet to get his insurance card and found out his license was ten years out of date. She'd always wondered by the car insurance was in her name. :D

As a legal person you do realize that everything that your parents worked for was at risk, right? It boggles my mind that seemingly regular folks like those on these boards are knowingly driving with out valid papers!!!:D

And I get the flames.......

As a legal person you do realize that everything that your parents worked for was at risk, right? It boggles my mind that seemingly regular folks like those on these boards are knowingly driving with out valid papers!!!:D

And I get the flames.......

Absolutely. And the situation has been rectified. I even went through his wallet after his most recent heart attack to make sure he was still current.

Archived