Time to put this rumor to rest - Tier level requirement changes to C&A

I would except I have an aft balcony on the Explorer for Dec 2011. It's the last of the 12 night cruises that will give me 2 points and make us D+ unless they change that before then. It's a ways off so I'll keep an eye on that and if RCI changes anything I may consider the Silhouette.

Theresa

I have a feeling they'll be making some changes this January - at least that's what I heard on the ship.......they said announcements in June and in January and the June one happened so we'll see..........

Patty

I hear you. But, what about at least giving children in the household the same status as their parents until they become adults, at which time their status is based solely on their own cruise history? There are a lot of benefits that a minor cannot or would not take advantage of anyway. My infant son can't use a robe, has no use of a signature lapel pin, the daily breakfast with specialty coffee, etc. A few extra people on the behind-the-scenes tour is no big deal. Minors not are supposed to be drinking any of the free booze. Most important, it would odd to give the parents priority-check and a private departure lounge, but not allow their children to go with them. Though, I guess giving priority for shore excursions to the kiddies by default would take away a spot from others.

The status should change when they turn 18.

I have a feeling they'll be making some changes this January - at least that's what I heard on the ship.......they said announcements in June and in January and the June one happened so we'll see..........

Patty

I know RCI reads these boards and I hope they are paying attention to this one.

Theresa

Along the same lines of people living together, in our case, as husband and wife, we started out together on RCCL and were each given 1 cruise point for a 14 night cruise in an OS. That was before RCCL came up with different points for time spent aboard or JS and above getting additional points.

For the past few years I have made sure that my DW has been able to cruise, even though I have had to work. A great example was on the Around the Horn cruise on the Mariner, she was on for all three legs, I flew to Santiago, Chile to join her for the last leg.

It's shown on our C & A status that we have 89 cruise credits. Actually I only have 77, but she has 89. By the end of the year we will be at 99, but actually she will have 99 cruise credits and I will have 87.

After our 99th cruise, the next cruise would be our 100th, which is free. For the first time, this week, while talking to C & A, they brought up the fact of the number of cruises that I have, so I'm only technically legel to join my wife on our free cruise.

In our case, we both enjoy cruising, but I have had to work. If I didn't work, she would not be cruising.

So, the question is.......we take our 100th cruise together, then shortly later, get a divorce, and I now have a new address. I would then have 89 cruise credits. I remarry to someone that has 3 cruise credits, but loves to cruise. We take ten cruises together, am I entitled to "my 100th" free cruise??:D:D

Rick

Along the same lines of people living together, in our case, as husband and wife, we started out together on RCCL and were each given 1 cruise point for a 14 night cruise in an OS. That was before RCCL came up with different points for time spent aboard or JS and above getting additional points.

For the past few years I have made sure that my DW has been able to cruise, even though I have had to work. A great example was on the Around the Horn cruise on the Mariner, she was on for all three legs, I flew to Santiago, Chile to join her for the last leg.

It's shown on our C & A status that we have 89 cruise credits. Actually I only have 77, but she has 89. By the end of the year we will be at 99, but actually she will have 99 cruise credits and I will have 87.

After our 99th cruise, the next cruise would be our 100th, which is free. For the first time, this week, while talking to C & A, they brought up the fact of the number of cruises that I have, so I'm only technically legel to join my wife on our free cruise.

In our case, we both enjoy cruising, but I have had to work. If I didn't work, she would not be cruising.

So, the question is.......we take our 100th cruise together, then shortly later, get a divorce, and I now have a new address. I would then have 89 cruise credits. I remarry to someone that has 3 cruise credits, but loves to cruise. We take ten cruises together, am I entitled to "my 100th" free cruise??:D:D

Rick

LOL.........is this a trick question?? :D:D:D

Hi Theresa,

Nice to see you on other threads besides our old cruise thread........LOL

Patty

I'm what you call one of those lurkers:p and from time to time I'll chime in.:)

Theresa

Tony, your so right about that! There's been times when no one is in the regular lines and we have to use priority and the lines are really long and they don't have as many people on that side checking people in.

Patty

Uhhh. No one HAS to use the priority line, no matter what your level is. It is a courtesy that is provided, you can actually check in any line you wish. :rolleyes:

Uhhh. No one HAS to use the priority line, no matter what your level is. It is a courtesy that is provided, you can actually check in any line you wish. :rolleyes:

I think most people realize that but automatically gravitate to the priority line if they are authorized to use it. Sometimes it works out better but often those who are using the other lines are processed as quickly or possibly more quickly. When we checked in at Boston for last Fall's repositioning cruise on Jewel of the Seas, we received priority boarding cards that put us at the front of the line for boarding.:)

Are you sure about that??? When we first turned platinum I didn't realize that platinum used priority check in and we were in the regular line which only had about 3 people in front of us..........LOL Well, when we were getting checked in, the rep told us that our card was at priority and after we did the paperwork she told us to just walk around and thru the priority line and she would walk over, get our card and hand it to us. So, at least at that time we weren't able to check in completely in the regular line. Of course, maybe they changed it now.

Patty

Are you sure about that??? When we first turned platinum I didn't realize that platinum used priority check in and we were in the regular line which only had about 3 people in front of us..........LOL Well, when we were getting checked in, the rep told us that our card was at priority and after we did the paperwork she told us to just walk around and thru the priority line and she would walk over, get our card and hand it to us. So, at least at that time we weren't able to check in completely in the regular line. Of course, maybe they changed it now.

Patty

That's correct. No one has to use priority boarding. Those with priority boarding are free to use the shortest line whichever line that may be.

Gina

That's correct. No one has to use priority boarding. Those with priority boarding are free to use the shortest line whichever line that may be.

Gina

I can't recall, do they print the cards right there? Maybe she just didn't have a card to print and maybe that's why she said we were supposed to be on the other side and she walked over to the other side to get our cards. I have no idea but that's what happened to us in Bayonne. Like I said, that was quite a while ago so they may have changed things now.

Patty

I can't recall, do they print the cards right there? Maybe she just didn't have a card to print and maybe that's why she said we were supposed to be on the other side and she walked over to the other side to get our cards. I have no idea but that's what happened to us in Bayonne. Like I said, that was quite a while ago so they may have changed things now.

Patty

I've seen them get it out of a box. I've seen them walk away and bring it from somewhere else. I've never cruise out of Bayonne. It just seems she could walk and get it from wherever it is no matter which line you are in.

Gina

I've seen them get it out of a box. I've seen them walk away and bring it from somewhere else. I've never cruise out of Bayonne. It just seems she could walk and get it from wherever it is no matter which line you are in.

Gina

Gina,

It was quite a long walk for her - I think that's why she told us to just walk thru the priority line and meet her on the other side. Of course when we walked thru the priority line we got lots of dirty looks from people waiting in line....LOL Some of them got pretty nasty! How could anyone start a vacation being nasty!!!! I'm happy as can be when starting a vacation!! LOL

Patty

Patty

January seems logical.

Back in 11/08 we used the regular line at Bayonne (even though we're D+) because the priority line was soooo long. No one said anything to us about it. It seems the Explorer cruises have an extraordinary amount of Diamond/Diamond Plus passengers. Of course Explorer usually sails full also.

Diamond perks are not very special anymore once we were bumped from the Concierge Lounge... they should focus on the perks rather than what it takes to get to the levels...

the free cheap-o wine & trailmix each evening do not compare with what it used to be or to what Celebrity offers its Elite members now...

Happy to be Diamond because we are Elite on X but the rewards are just not that great!! Guess we'll see what happens!

Gina,

It was quite a long walk for her - I think that's why she told us to just walk thru the priority line and meet her on the other side. Of course when we walked thru the priority line we got lots of dirty looks from people waiting in line....LOL Some of them got pretty nasty! How could anyone start a vacation being nasty!!!! I'm happy as can be when starting a vacation!! LOL

Patty

Because for some reason I feel the need to correct your first (ridiculous)statement Patty. :D I am so sorry, but perhaps next time you cruise, you; and others might not have an overwhelming need to be "forced", heaven forbid into the priority line. Especially if you are going to complain that it was more crowded than others. It used to be a perk, perhaps, now it is your choice. :D:):D

Hey Tony, I just know you are right about the Phase 2 in January and appreciate sharing all the info....you were right about Phase 1....June it is!! Now, I have a new fear....what level are they going to raise D+ to......50? I hope the grandfathering factor happens....we are at 45 and know we will not make 50 by January. Would sure miss the CL lounge on our cruises in January. It may sway me to switch over to Celebrity!! Just love the Solstice....and now the Silhouette in Bayonne......WoW! I agree with you that the Explorer always sails full....so, why don't they bring a Freedom class ship to Bayonne? I really don't understand the management at RC.....like 1 credit for any cruise like 3N and we take 9N and get 1 credit also?????? Does that make sense? Patty00

Because for some reason I feel the need to correct your first (ridiculous)statement Patty. :D I am so sorry, but perhaps next time you cruise, you; and others might not have an overwhelming need to be "forced", heaven forbid into the priority line. Especially if you are going to complain that it was more crowded than others. It used to be a perk, perhaps, now it is your choice. :D:):D

Excuse me but I didn't complain about the priorty line. All I said was that a lot of times it was longer than the regular line. We use the priority line.......only 1 time we didn't and that was because we didn't know platinum was able to use it and that was the time that the woman had to go over there to get our cards. Sorry if my comments came across any other way because I certainly wasn't complaining. There's way more things to complain about than waiting in a priority line.

Excuse me but I didn't complain about the priorty line. All I said was that a lot of times it was longer than the regular line. We use the priority line.......only 1 time we didn't and that was because we didn't know platinum was able to use it and that was the time that the woman had to go over there to get our cards. Sorry if my comments came across any other way because I certainly wasn't complaining. There's way more things to complain about than waiting in a priority line.

Patty...not getting into it. I only corrected your "Had to use it" comment and you wanted to carry it on. No... AND both your original stories/posts are in conflict with each other.......do you really want to keep it going or just call it a draw? And we've both said our piece? :D:):D EDIT: I usually respond with statements like "really?" "Sorry?' ....Guess I was wrong?.....but you wanted to keep it going with "Are you positive?" And I will indeed respond to that sort of comment.:rolleyes:

Archived