Time to put this rumor to rest - Tier level requirement changes to C&A

Because for some reason I feel the need to correct your first (ridiculous)statement Patty. :D I am so sorry, but perhaps next time you cruise, you; and others might not have an overwhelming need to be "forced", heaven forbid into the priority line. Especially if you are going to complain that it was more crowded than others. It used to be a perk, perhaps, now it is your choice. :D:):D

On 2nd thought..........just what "ridiculous" statement are you accusing me of making???

Patty...not getting into it. I only corrected your "Had to use it" comment and you wanted to carry it on. No... AND both your original stories/posts are in conflict with each other.......do you really want to keep it going or just call it a draw? And we've both said our piece? :D:):D

This discussion is over! Let's move on!

Are you sure about that??? When we first turned platinum I didn't realize that platinum used priority check in and we were in the regular line which only had about 3 people in front of us..........LOL Well, when we were getting checked in, the rep told us that our card was at priority and after we did the paperwork she told us to just walk around and thru the priority line and she would walk over, get our card and hand it to us. So, at least at that time we weren't able to check in completely in the regular line. Of course, maybe they changed it now.

Patty

You are correct about this in Bayonne. At one time ( about 3-4 years ago) if you were on the priority list you could not use the general check in area and you would be sent back to priority. People who were traveling together in a group but were different C & A levels or not in C & A used to have to split up at that point and meet on the ship. That has all changed now and platinum and higher can check in at either area. So technically you were " forced" to check into priority at one time at least in Bayonne:) In the past few years the priority area has been expanded a couple of times but at one time it was very small with only a few chairs to wait.

Hey Tony, I just know you are right about the Phase 2 in January and appreciate sharing all the info....you were right about Phase 1....June it is!! Now, I have a new fear....what level are they going to raise D+ to......50? I hope the grandfathering factor happens....we are at 45 and know we will not make 50 by January. Would sure miss the CL lounge on our cruises in January. It may sway me to switch over to Celebrity!! Just love the Solstice....and now the Silhouette in Bayonne......WoW! I agree with you that the Explorer always sails full....so, why don't they bring a Freedom class ship to Bayonne? I really don't understand the management at RC.....like 1 credit for any cruise like 3N and we take 9N and get 1 credit also?????? Does that make sense? Patty00

According to what Betsy O'Rourke said in that article we would all be "grandfathered" at our current loyalty levels. I think Royal would be out of their mind to do it any other way. The backlash would be 100 times worse than last September.

That has all changed now and platinum and higher can check in at either area.

Maybe if Platinum wasn't given priority check in the lines wouldn't be so long. There's a big difference between someone with 25 credits and someone with 5 credits.

Maybe if Platinum wasn't given priority check in the lines wouldn't be so long. There's a big difference between someone with 25 credits and someone with 5 credits.

Don't forget priority is for suite guests too ( JS and up) so it does get a lot of people in that line. We've never had a problem but we usually do not arrive until 1-130 and by then most people are on the ship and we skip all that traffic:)

Don't forget priority is for suite guests too ( JS and up) so it does get a lot of people in that line. We've never had a problem but we usually do not arrive until 1-130 and by then most people are on the ship and we skip all that traffic:)

It's a zoo at 11:00 am. ;)

I think if they put us, along with Don Pedro and Beachbuddy in charge or revamping the system we could do a better job than the current group with that responsibility. ;)

From 4/1/10:

I received an email this afternoon stating that new changes would be implemented on September 1, 2010. Those changes include switching to nights at sea instead of credits per cruise. The numbers necessary for each level will be: after one cruise, regardless of length, gold level. up to 35 nights will be Gold. 36 to 70 will be Platinum. 71 to 200 will be Diamond. 201+ will be Diamond Plus. Double credits for suites, but only true suites - not JS.

Am I not clairvoyant? ;)

Tony, I agree with you.......back then when we turned platinum I had no idea that priority included us and that's the reason we were in the regular line. Honestly, I felt funny using priority when we were platinum.

Patty

You are correct about this in Bayonne. At one time ( about 3-4 years ago) if you were on the priority list you could not use the general check in area and you would be sent back to priority. People who were traveling together in a group but were different C & A levels or not in C & A used to have to split up at that point and meet on the ship. That has all changed now and platinum and higher can check in at either area. So technically you were " forced" to check into priority at one time at least in Bayonne:) In the past few years the priority area has been expanded a couple of times but at one time it was very small with only a few chairs to wait.

Hey Suzanne,

Thanks...........I was starting to feel like people thought I was making this up.

Patty

From 4/1/10:

Am I not clairvoyant? ;)

Are you saying that tier level changes are coming on Sept 1? Or are you claiming clairvoyance based on the fact that tier level changes are rumored for Jan 1?

Oops......i'm sorry.........you can still use priority..........:D;):D

Thanks. But to tell you the truth on our last several cruises out of San Juan and our last one on Independence out of Port Everglades RCI was so organized that there were no lines anywhere. We walked into the terminal and up to a customer rep to check-in.

John Henry, I would also like a response to tahqa's question. Do you know for a fact that tier changes are coming on September 1st? I'm surprised many more people haven't responded to your post as the implications would be tremendous.

John Henry, I would also like a response to tahqa's question. Do you know for a fact that tier changes are coming on September 1st? I'm surprised many more people haven't responded to your post as the implications would be tremendous.

No panic needed - it was taken from an April Fools Day post.

Thanks. But to tell you the truth on our last several cruises out of San Juan and our last one on Independence out of Port Everglades RCI was so organized that there were no lines anywhere. We walked into the terminal and up to a customer rep to check-in.

Hoping for the same experience at Port Everglades on our upcoming Oasis cruise!:)

Recent quote from press briefing by Betsy O'Roark, SVP Marketing, RCCL.

"In addition, she confirmed that Royal Caribbean has been evaluating other program options— including the possibility of increasing what's required to reach the top tier, and, in turn, rewarding those who get to that top tier in a more robust way.

But she also stressed that if the line would choose to take that type of step, any existing Crown & Anchor Society members would be "grandfathered" in under present tier levels."

Recent quote from press briefing by Betsy O'Roark, SVP Marketing, RCCL.

"In addition, she confirmed that Royal Caribbean has been evaluating other program options— including the possibility of increasing what's required to reach the top tier, and, in turn, rewarding those who get to that top tier in a more robust way.

But she also stressed that if the line would choose to take that type of step, any existing Crown & Anchor Society members would be "grandfathered" in under present tier levels."

Sorry guys, didn't mean to add to the clutter! Just saw the thread header & went to last page. When I went back I realized my comment was redundant.

Oh no they will have to change their name to RCNL, (Royal Caribbean Cruise No Line).

Archived