What's the grossest thing you've ever seen someone do on a ship?

squidward

While this isn't gross, it amused us.

Just got back from a cruise in Hawaii on the POA. When returning to the ship after a day ashore, a woman was exiting going down the slanted gangplank. While doing so, she was cleaning her glasses with the hem of her skirt.

"We saw London, we saw France, we saw someone's thong underpants."

Tucker in Texas

On Princess Emerald this past March, my friend and I were lounging by the pool when the guy next to us proceeded to pick his toenails, all 10 of them down to the quick. All the while his family jewels were haning out.

Later that day we spotted him in a bar dancing like a madman in bikini underwear. Unreal!:eek::rolleyes::D

On the Coral Princess, my cousin & I were making a stop in the ladies room between dinner and the theater while the DH's were going ahead to secure 4 seats together. ( I know, no saving seats, yadda, yadda, yadda.)

Anyway we were the only 2 people in there and I was checking out the stalls to find one that was flushed and fairly clean when I found the end one had fecal matter all over the toilet, walls and floor. It gave the term "explosive diarrhea" a whole new meaning. I am an RN and have seen my share of this but not outside the hospital. I was wondering how this person got themselves back to their room!

We came out of there rather quickly and flagged an officer to alert him to the problem. When we passed by after the show the entrance was sealed off w/hazard tape while they cleaned and "sanitized" the facilities.

I bet they blamed it on the dog.:p

Just got back from NCL Spirit Bermuda-Boston and had to add to this thread. 3 things come to mind. 1. While not gross to me, it will be gross to others and it was disturbing to me, but not to my husband, he thought it was preferable to the crying. Our breast feeding experience was in the MDR, dinner, a family was sitting at a table by a window. A 2 1/2-3 y/o child started crying, a young woman in a black strapless dress proceeded to pull down her dress and breast feed without covering up with anything. Anytime the child cried down came the dress. This was from appetizers till dessert almost 45 min.s of on again, off again (90% on) "breast feeding" It was more like a pacifier than a nutritional issue. The child appeared overly tired and probably needed to be in bed.

2. The 70+ well nourished, woman and her 2 grand daughters at the buffet the first morning wearing only their swimsuits and flip flops, no cover ups in sight.

3. What really grossed me out was the state of our stateroom when we first entered it. I am pasting the part of my recently posted review that pertains to this:

When I walked in the bathroom I found a used razor and a used bar of soap in the shower. This started me CLOSELY inspecting the rest of the room for cleanliness. I found small drops of what I’m 95% sure was blood in the sink (my husband and I are both healthcare professionals and came to the same conclusion, blood spatter of some kind). I found a piece of Dental Floss on the carpet, several large particles of the pebbly material from the balcony on the rug, long curly black hair on one towel and short black hairs on the other, the mirrors in the bathroom and over the desk were spotted badly with some kind of glob in the middle of the one over the desk , the shelving in the bathroom was not clean, and I found someone’s blue tek toothbrush in a purple case under the bed. that later).

Within 10 min.s our steward and supervisor were at our room. They said the spots in the sink weren’t blood, (but they didn’t look closely) but cracks, but they did agree the room wasn’t as it should have been and agreed to send someone to re-clean it as soon as they had someone free and the hall was clear to bring the cleaning cart and vacuum through (all those bags in the hall). Our room steward was very apologetic, and within 20 min.s he had the first of our luggage and the rest within 15 min.s. He had searched through the luggage to try and get ours to us as soon as possible to try and make up for the unsat. room condition. By the time we returned from dinner the room had been re-cleaned (spots in sink gone, not cracks after all). (I did take the Clorox Wipes I had brought with me and went over all surfaces in the bathroom for my own piece of mind). Guest services had made a follow up call and gave us the choice of 2 bottles of wine as compensation and the supervisor came by to make sure everything was fine.

Obviously not the grossest experience, but I thought noteworthy.

While this isn't gross, it amused us.

Just got back from a cruise in Hawaii on the POA. When returning to the ship after a day ashore, a woman was exiting going down the slanted gangplank. While doing so, she was cleaning her glasses with the hem of her skirt.

"We saw London, we saw France, we saw someone's thong underpants."

Tucker in Texas

At least she was not going commando.

Just got back from NCL Spirit Bermuda-Boston and had to add to this thread. 3 things come to mind. 1. While not gross to me, it will be gross to others and it was disturbing to me, but not to my husband, he thought it was preferable to the crying. Our breast feeding experience was in the MDR, dinner, a family was sitting at a table by a window. A 2 1/2-3 y/o child started crying, a young woman in a black strapless dress proceeded to pull down her dress and breast feed without covering up with anything. Anytime the child cried down came the dress. This was from appetizers till dessert almost 45 min.s of on again, off again (90% on) "breast feeding" It was more like a pacifier than a nutritional issue. The child appeared overly tired and probably needed to be in bed.

2. The 70+ well nourished, woman and her 2 grand daughters at the buffet the first morning wearing only their swimsuits and flip flops, no cover ups in sight.

3. What really grossed me out was the state of our stateroom when we first entered it. I am pasting the part of my recently posted review that pertains to this:

When I walked in the bathroom I found a used razor and a used bar of soap in the shower. This started me CLOSELY inspecting the rest of the room for cleanliness. I found small drops of what I’m 95% sure was blood in the sink (my husband and I are both healthcare professionals and came to the same conclusion, blood spatter of some kind). I found a piece of Dental Floss on the carpet, several large particles of the pebbly material from the balcony on the rug, long curly black hair on one towel and short black hairs on the other, the mirrors in the bathroom and over the desk were spotted badly with some kind of glob in the middle of the one over the desk , the shelving in the bathroom was not clean, and I found someone’s blue tek toothbrush in a purple case under the bed. that later).

Within 10 min.s our steward and supervisor were at our room. They said the spots in the sink weren’t blood, (but they didn’t look closely) but cracks, but they did agree the room wasn’t as it should have been and agreed to send someone to re-clean it as soon as they had someone free and the hall was clear to bring the cleaning cart and vacuum through (all those bags in the hall). Our room steward was very apologetic, and within 20 min.s he had the first of our luggage and the rest within 15 min.s. He had searched through the luggage to try and get ours to us as soon as possible to try and make up for the unsat. room condition. By the time we returned from dinner the room had been re-cleaned (spots in sink gone, not cracks after all). (I did take the Clorox Wipes I had brought with me and went over all surfaces in the bathroom for my own piece of mind). Guest services had made a follow up call and gave us the choice of 2 bottles of wine as compensation and the supervisor came by to make sure everything was fine.

Obviously not the grossest experience, but I thought noteworthy.

Maybe not the grossest...but pretty gross none the less:eek:

That reminds me of the time my son asked me for a band-aid and I pulled one out of my purse. He said, "where'd you get these band-aids?" I said, "I got them in Miami" and he said, "Where's your Ami????"

True!

This is corny - but cute!!

My thing was on a Baltic cruise. A fellow passenger was on a walking tour in Sweden through botanical gardens. I was back on the bus with others getting on. He was walking towards it with a big Hawaiian shirt on. Couldn't figure out what it was that was hanging down past the shirt. Upon getting closer saw his abdomen was hanging almost to knees. Don't know if this was a medical incident or normal for him. (We didn't go to an ER) Hope he was alright.

I cringe when I see...and hear, a cruiser publicly berating a crew member. I have seen this type of rude and uncivilized behaviour occur on so many occasions while aboard a variety of ships..Celebrity, HAL, Norwegian, Costa, Carnival. I would hope that this is a recent phenomena, but having been cruising over the past 25 years, these types of incidents seem to be a constant.

Archived