What's the grossest thing you've ever seen someone do on a ship?

squidward

Last week on Summit to Bermuda (GREAT cruise) I witnessed the grossest thing I've ever seen someone do on a ship.

I was in the men's locker room, having just stepped out of the sauna to cool down. While I was standing just outside the sauna door, I saw an elderly man with a cane slowly make his way through the locker room.

He walked up to the set of shower stalls, each with a frosted glass door. He approached the center stall, opened the shower door, and proceeded to unzip his pants and urinate on the shower floor.

He reached in to the shower in an attempt to flush, but his arms weren't long enough to get to the faucet. So he zipped his pants back up, and slowly made his way out the back entrance to the locker room.

I quickly warned the two gentlemen in the sauna to avoid the middle shower stall, and then I informed one of the attractive young ladies at the Spa desk about what I had witnessed. It was so gross, I almost felt embarrassed telling this gal that an old man just mistook the shower for a urinal. She blushed, and said she would call someone to take clean it up.

One thing's for sure: Next time I am on Summit, I will avoid that middle shower stall like the plague!

So, what's the grossest thing you ever witnessed on board?:p

There was a cooking demonstration in The Normandie, once the chef had prepared the dish (salmon tar tar, crab salad, & avacado mousse) he placed the dish & several serving spoons out for people to sample his appetizer. Well one group of cruisers acted like they had been starving on an island for months and dug into the dish double dipping... even going as far as to actually eat from the bowls the chef prepared the items in.:eek: Not only was it disrespctful to the other cruisers it was disgusting. I tried several times to speak up and say "please use a new spoon each time you taste" but they ignored me... eventually the chef removed the bowls and dish then went to the back to make individual dishes for myself and several other cruisers who did not get to taste the appetizer.

some people I swear :rolleyes::mad:

All the replys above are pretty gross. I saw a woman a small child, maybe 2 yrs. old, walking on the pool deck, which was crowded with people. The kid was eating a banana which broke off as she tried to take a bite. The banana hit the deck. The woman picked up the banana piece and handed it back to the kid to eat. My husband and I couldn't believe it! A fresh banana was maybe 20 feet away for FREE! YUCK!

On two occasions I have seen people change inor out of their bathing suit on the pool deck . . One was a woman who actually hopped under the outdoor shower naked and another was an older gentleman who changed every day. Not a pretty site!

There was a cooking demonstration in The Normandie, once the chef had prepared the dish (salmon tar tar, crab salad, & avacado mousse) he placed the dish & several serving spoons out for people to sample his appetizer. Well one group of cruisers acted like they had been starving on an island for months and dug into the dish double dipping... even going as far as to actually eat from the bowls the chef prepared the items in.:eek: Not only was it disrespctful to the other cruisers it was disgusting. I tried several times to speak up and say "please use a new spoon each time you taste" but they ignored me... eventually the chef removed the bowls and dish then went to the back to make individual dishes for myself and several other cruisers who did not get to taste the appetizer.

some people I swear :rolleyes::mad:

I saw a similar thing on the Equinox cooking demo...the food was a free for all at the end of the show. I took one bite at the beginnig and did not return. It was double dip madness! :eek:

I saw a similar thing on the Equinox cooking demo...the food was a free for all at the end of the show. I took one bite at the beginnig and did not return. It was double dip madness! :eek:

And people wonder why there is Norovirus on every other cruise! It is called common-sense, and I am afraid our societies are running out of it!

On every single cruise I have ever been on, there will come a time where I will see someone exit a bathroom stall and leave the washroom without washing their hands. On some cruises I have seen it several times. How often is it happening if I see it at least once every cruise? What could be more disgusting than that?

And for whatever reason it is almost always a very elderly person. I have no idea why that would be.

Babies in diapers in the hot tub.

This happens every cruise. And the parents with their baby are sitting right next to the sign that says children are not allowed in the hot tub.

Apparently, the parents think the public hot tubs are also their personal toilettes

Babies in diapers in the hot tub.

This happens every cruise. And the parents with their baby are sitting right next to the sign that says children are not allowed in the hot tub.

Apparently, the parents think the public hot tubs are also their personal toilettes

This is my #1 pet peeve and I cannot believe how frequently you see it. Truly disgusting.

I have forgotten which ship this was on but will never forget the experience - we had just finished a nice meal in the Lido when I noticed a man sitting ahead of me pick up his cloth napkin and heartily blow his nose in it. I think of that each time I wipe my mouth with a cloth napkin. Omigoodness !!

There was a woman with very frizzy split end ugly hair that was about to her waist. She sat in front of me and proceeded to shake and fluff her hair and all these pieces of dead hair went flying into my drink. And yes I DID say something.

Also... people.... in the public restrooms... flush the dang toilet after you use it, ya know what I mean, jelly bean? (These are probably the people referred to above that don't wash their hands after using the potty.)

On our last cruise, the Ruby Princess, it was the final morning and I had gone to the buffet to get some breakfast while my husband held a table for us. I got my food and sat it down next to me at the coffee service area so I could get a cup of coffee. Another passenger came up next to me and coughed right into my breakfast. I'm talking a big one, rigtht into my plate! I went back to the buffet and started all over again. By the time I got back to the table my husband was wondering what had happened to me to make me be gone so long. It was the last day of the cruise and I had no intention of going home with a bug. I was just glad I saw it happen so I could replace the food.

While on the Century, before the Noro outbreaks, they held a poolside buffet. We were pushing our trays along the buffet line when a hand reached in between us and grabbed a handful of fries and the man started munching on them as his hand passed our ears. We just looked at each other and dumped out our traysw and walked away.

Last week on Summit to Bermuda (GREAT cruise) I witnessed the grossest thing I've ever seen someone do on a ship.

I was in the men's locker room, having just stepped out of the sauna to cool down. While I was standing just outside the sauna door, I saw an elderly man with a cane slowly make his way through the locker room.

He walked up to the set of shower stalls, each with a frosted glass door. He approached the center stall, opened the shower door, and proceeded to unzip his pants and urinate on the shower floor.

He reached in to the shower in an attempt to flush, but his arms weren't long enough to get to the faucet. So he zipped his pants back up, and slowly made his way out the back entrance to the locker room.

I quickly warned the two gentlemen in the sauna to avoid the middle shower stall, and then I informed one of the attractive young ladies at the Spa desk about what I had witnessed. It was so gross, I almost felt embarrassed telling this gal that an old man just mistook the shower for a urinal. She blushed, and said she would call someone to take clean it up.

One thing's for sure: Next time I am on Summit, I will avoid that middle shower stall like the plague!

So, what's the grossest thing you ever witnessed on board?:p

We were on the same cruise and probably saw the same man. He wandered into the Persian Gardens and poked his head into every door. As he was leaving he yelled "Does anyone know where the bathroom is? I have to pee!" I suspect we unwittingly sent him your way.

Oceanview Cafe'- an older lady in line next to me, reaching in and grabbing a roll w/ her hand, when the plastic tongs were right in front of her. I leaned over and reminded her to use the tongs. She just gave me the stinkeye and kept shuffling.

Not horribly gross, but gross enough for me. Who knows if she's one of the 'don't flush, don't handwash' gang? YEECCHHH:eek:

We were on the same cruise and probably saw the same man. He wandered into the Persian Gardens and poked his head into every door. As he was leaving he yelled "Does anyone know where the bathroom is? I have to pee!" I suspect we unwittingly sent him your way.

Was it on the first day in Bermuda, Wednesday, at around 4:00 PM?

Archived