Has anyone had EDWIN the butler?

JEDIKNIGHT

I've sent guests of mine on a Mercury cruise to Alaska they just got in the suite.

Was really hoping they get Ram or Richard...the first one I've had, the latter I've heard so much about.

Their butler is Edwin....has anyone here had him and how was he?

I gotta believe X will have a good butler for the Penthouse.

Edwin was our butler on the 5/17-5/30 Alaska cruise. We thought he did an excellent job. Although we didn't make any special requests (such as dinner service), others around us did and I know they were quite pleased.

The wonderful Edwin has been promoted and is now one of the Heads of Housekeeping on Azamara. He has looked after us twice of Quest and you know all these people who say I do not know what the head of housekeeping does, well everyone knows Edwin - he is everywhere, checking things at the gangway, in the corridors, in guests rooms everywhere. And he remembers everyone he was ever butler for and makes such a fuss of them

He is a real top notch employee

Just read the thread above - do we have 2 Edwins?

You know the Indonesan culture has the same name for their sons?

Now Edwin, that sounds more like an English name but I have learned

alot during my cruises...Wyanan and Imade. They seem to be very

common names within the Indonesan community....I think when a family

has more than 1 son, they give them the same name.

Just an FYI....who knows if ya'll are looking for the same Edwin;)

Sorry for getting off topic....hope you find the Butler you are looking for.

Was really hoping they get Ram or Richard...the first one I've had, the latter I've heard so much about.

Jedi,

Did you ever find Ram? Do you know if he was sent back to the Mercury? I'm still wondering if Ashwin & Herme were sent back to that ship. DH & I are considering a cruise on Mercury & I want to know if I might see either of them again.

Thanks for the replies so far everyone.

Bonnie, I wasn't able to find out as these boards are my only source. I'll see if I can get ahold of my friends on Mercury right now and ask them though I think they are going to make an extra effort to stay the heck away from cell phones, internet, email, etc ;)

Bonnie, I wasn't able to find out as these boards are my only source. I'll see if I can get ahold of my friends on Mercury right now and ask them though I think they are going to make an extra effort to stay the heck away from cell phones, internet, email, etc ;)

Now why would they want to stay away from the "real" world while cruising?? Thanks for trying, though. The crew really did help make the cruises (esp the 2nd one) more fun since I was travelling alone & it was like seeing old friends again the 2nd time around.

Ashwin is another butler & Herme's a cabin steward.

The wonderful Edwin has been promoted and is now one of the Heads of Housekeeping on Azamara. He has looked after us twice of Quest and you know all these people who say I do not know what the head of housekeeping does, well everyone knows Edwin - he is everywhere, checking things at the gangway, in the corridors, in guests rooms everywhere. And he remembers everyone he was ever butler for and makes such a fuss of them

He is a real top notch employee

Just read the thread above - do we have 2 Edwins?

Must...but we also had the luck of having Edwin, the one you refer to, as our butler on Summit in 2001. He was BY FAR the best cruise employee we have run into. He is VERY well known in the Celebrity fleet, on our Solstice cruise this past January we asked Oliver our attendant if he knew him and he immediately started raving about him, he had been lucky enough to work with him a few years ago...the best compliment he could have given Edwin was to state that he was modelling his own work after Edwin's and hopes he will be as successful....incidentally Oliver was so good that I would imagine he will be a butler before long. We would love to run into Edwin again, he made our Summit cruise just wonderful.

We were on the same Mercury cruise as Lucy and had Edwin. I wonder if he transferred his wife went with him. He told us she worked in the Penthouse suites and they were on the same ship. Hope so. He was outstanding and deserved a promotion.

We had an excellent butler on the Azamara Quest, (December 2007), named Edwin. I think uktog may be correct in wondering if there may be more than one Edwin but we can all agree that he is the best of the best. The Azamara's Edwin is from Goa, India.

Yes I am thinking of Edwin from Goa and he does not work with his wife so we have two Edwins at least!! All the crew on Azamara respected Edwin because they knew he could do their jobs. When I talked with him as to whether he would go and work on Solstice class he said no, the trouble with the larger ships is that there are too many places for the stateroom staff to hide!! Edwin ran a very tight ship as a Chief Housekeeper, had an eye for detail, he expected a lot from his staff because his standards were high but they liked working for him as I said.

We have had Ashwin - another wonderful butler we had was Wilfred who called his daughter after Wendy Richards whom he looked after when she cruised on Millenium and that was at the time she was born. I wonder where Wilfred is now?

We also found Arles on Equinox to be great - I wonder if he is on Eclipse now or who the Eclipse butlers are

We had an excellent butler on the Azamara Quest, (December 2007), named Edwin. I think uktog may be correct in wondering if there may be more than one Edwin but we can all agree that he is the best of the best. The Azamara's Edwin is from Goa, India.

Yes, this was our Edwin too...he was just wonderful!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived