??Things not to be missed on Adventure of the Seas

Hi Guys,

My wife and I will be on my first RCI cruise next April for our 1st Anniversary.:D. We are really looking forward to spending time on this ship and experiencing all it has to offer, which brings me to the reason for this thread.

To all you who have cruise this ship before specifically and Voyager class generally....What are the must do's and must see's and must try on this (these) ships. I mean everything...from the food, to clubs, secret doors...the whole gambit.;):)

Looking forward to all the tips and tricks from you experienced cruisers. Thanks in advance.

The Vidalia Onion tart on the first night is a favorite food of most cruisers. Same with the Honey Stung Chicken at the buffet on embarkation morning

Do NOT miss the ice skating show. On some ships, free tickets are issued to help divide the passengers evenly over the 4 show times, since the arena is too small to hold everyone at once.

You can reach the helipad at the front of deck 5 by taking the outdoor promenade on deck 5 all the way to the front of the ship until you come to a small metal staircase. If the staircase is closed due to high winds or rough seas, come back at another time. (It's a fun place to be when approaching or leaving a port).

Hi Guys,

My wife and I will be on my first RCI cruise next April for our 1st Anniversary.:D. We are really looking forward to spending time on this ship and experiencing all it has to offer, which brings me to the reason for this thread.

To all you who have cruise this ship before specifically and Voyager class generally....What are the must do's and must see's and must try on this (these) ships. I mean everything...from the food, to clubs, secret doors...the whole gambit.;):)

Looking forward to all the tips and tricks from you experienced cruisers. Thanks in advance.

Everything you need to know can be found here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=691783&highlight=

Sorry but for me the Honey Stung Chicken is a must miss, it is often very dry and not tastey at all, however look out for when they bring a new tray to the counter, then it is acceptable but not great:)

........... Same with the Honey Stung Chicken at the buffet on embarkation morning..............

The Vidalia Onion tart on the first night is a favorite food of most cruisers. Same with the Honey Stung Chicken at the buffet on embarkation morning

Do NOT miss the ice skating show. On some ships, free tickets are issued to help divide the passengers evenly over the 4 show times, since the arena is too small to hold everyone at once.

You can reach the helipad at the front of deck 5 by taking the outdoor promenade on deck 5 all the way to the front of the ship until you come to a small metal staircase. If the staircase is closed due to high winds or rough seas, come back at another time. (It's a fun place to be when approaching or leaving a port).

Thanks for the tips. I have my notepad out:D

Sorry but for me the Honey Stung Chicken is a must miss, it is often very dry and not tastey at all, however look out for when they bring a new tray to the counter, then it is acceptable but not great:)

Thanks for the input Chip... What would you recommend in lieu of the honey stung chicken?

Hi. DH and I spent our first anniversary on the Adventure a few years ago and it was fabulous! We had a promenade room, so we got to look out into the promenade for the parades or just to see what was going on.

Our favorite part was going to the Schooner Bar each night to hear the piano player (Barry from Boston), and the friendly bar staff eventually got to know our names and drinks of choice. :-)

We had chosen a table of 8 for the dining room and were worried about who we would get as tablemates, but we were pleasantly surprised that RC seated us with all young couples about our age so dinnertime was great!

Enjoy your cruise and take advantage of everything there is to offer.

Jessica

Regardless of your age or the age of your fellow passengers, do NOT miss the parades on the Promenade. There will likely be two during your cruise. They're short, but wonderful!

Again, regardless of age, do not miss the 70s party in the Promenade. It is lots of fun.

Check out the entertainment in the British Pub - I think it's the Duck & Dog on Adventure. The guitarist who was there on our cruise was GREAT!

DON'T MISS QUEST!!! And don't let people spoil it for you by telling you a lot in advance.

Cafe Promenade is NOT a pay-extra dining venue. It shares space with the gourmet coffee and pastry shop, so we thought it cost extra to eat there. The gourmet coffee and pastry is extra, but the cafe food is not.

Don't miss the crew versus passenger dodge ball game. It's a hoot! We had an exceptionally young captain on our sailing who participated in the event. That made it even more entertaining.

Adventure is one of my two favorite ships to date. You'll have a wonderful time!!

Really - DO NOT MISS QUEST!

Also, check out the Peek-a-Boo bridge. It's near the helipad and it's windows where you can look in and see the action on the bridge.

I think others have mentioned the other biggies!

PS: I notice you're a Carnival Cruiser. My very first RCL cruise, after sailing six times with Carnival, was on Adventure of the Seas. Expect to be awestruck by the differences. Even at her age, Adventure will seem almost new. The halls are wider than on Carnival, making everything less claustrophobic. The cabins are a little smaller, but are laid out better so that they don't FEEL smaller.

Be sure to come back and let us know how you enjoyed it!!

Sorry but for me the Honey Stung Chicken is a must miss, it is often very dry and not tastey at all

I agree, after all the great reviews I read it was a real disappointment; everything else is better. Odd as it sounds, my favourite item in the Windjammer is the oatmeal and hot milk at breakfast. One place many people seem to overlook is the Cafe Promenade. This is a great place for lunch or snacks. They have a different variety of little sandwiches every day, pizza, cookies, muffins, lovely desserts and fresh fruit. I think the only day we go to the Windjammer for lunch is the first day. After that we pick up something light at the Cafe and take it to our balcony. Except when we go to Johnny Rockets, that's a must too, great after a strenuous excursion. There is a charge at Johnny Rockets but it's worth it.

The ice show is always a must see as is the Love & Marriage game and Quest. Surprisingly the karaoke can be quite good; RCI seems to get some talented passengers. On your first day take notice of your surroundings, note the colour of the carpet in your hallway and the art at the entrance to your hall from the different directions; this will help save a lot of time being lost. If you lose track of the day of the week, check the elevator floor. :)

If you are going on the cruise with Domenica as a stop please read the reviews under the Domenica port of call part on this forum. We had a fantastic tour with a private guide who cost us way less than one ship tour. We saw 4 attractions Hot Springs, Champaign Reef, Trafalgar Falls and Rosseau valley. He is well worth checking out and will get you back in plenty of time. I'm not sure I can mention his name here.

Really - DO NOT MISS QUEST!

Also, check out the Peek-a-Boo bridge. It's near the helipad and it's windows where you can look in and see the action on the bridge.

I think others have mentioned the other biggies!

PS: I notice you're a Carnival Cruiser. My very first RCL cruise, after sailing six times with Carnival, was on Adventure of the Seas. Expect to be awestruck by the differences. Even at her age, Adventure will seem almost new. The halls are wider than on Carnival, making everything less claustrophobic. The cabins are a little smaller, but are laid out better so that they don't FEEL smaller.

Be sure to come back and let us know how you enjoyed it!!

How do you get to the Peek-A-Boo Bridge?

Hi Guys,

Hi Keith!

Well, I can see the other posters have already mentioned my favorite place (as you well know on our Roll Call) of Cafe Promenade.

I would also add to head up and play a round of mini golf on a port day while everyone is off the ship. It's much quieter, no lines to speak of and you can take your time.

At some point you might also head down to the Screening Room to catch a flick. Very nice. They'll let you know the movie of the day in the Compass.

Since we aren't leaving port until 8pm, board early so you can explore at leisure (and with less crowds). This is the PERFECT time to get your ship pix taken without lots of people you don't know in the pictures. This is what I always do and people always ask me, "How do you get your pictures without people in them?". Be first on board, of course! Well, third and fourth (since I'll be first and my roommate second :p:D).

Theresa

Thanks for the directions, Donna! I've always wondered how to get there. Can't wait to check it out.

Theresa

Hi. DH and I spent our first anniversary on the Adventure a few years ago and it was fabulous! We had a promenade room, so we got to look out into the promenade for the parades or just to see what was going on.

Our favorite part was going to the Schooner Bar each night to hear the piano player (Barry from Boston), and the friendly bar staff eventually got to know our names and drinks of choice. :-)

We had chosen a table of 8 for the dining room and were worried about who we would get as tablemates, but we were pleasantly surprised that RC seated us with all young couples about our age so dinnertime was great!

Enjoy your cruise and take advantage of everything there is to offer.

Jessica

Thanks for the tips Jessica. Would you believe we are in a promenade room as well?:) We are on deck 8.

We certainly intend to explore/experience the ship and what it has to offer as much as possible.:)

Wow!!:eek::)

These are some really great tips.

I have heard quite a bit about Quest. I am really looking forward to it.

Jolimont:thanks for the link. We really enjoy looking at the pics.

Printingchick:We have not been on her yet and are already amazed by the pictures alone.

cruiseguy: will try those cookies for sure.:)

Thanks alot guys, keep them coming.:D

Hi Keith!

Well, I can see the other posters have already mentioned my favorite place (as you well know on our Roll Call) of Cafe Promenade.

I would also add to head up and play a round of mini golf on a port day while everyone is off the ship. It's much quieter, no lines to speak of and you can take your time.

At some point you might also head down to the Screening Room to catch a flick. Very nice. They'll let you know the movie of the day in the Compass.

Since we aren't leaving port until 8pm, board early so you can explore at leisure (and with less crowds). This is the PERFECT time to get your ship pix taken without lots of people you don't know in the pictures. This is what I always do and people always ask me, "How do you get your pictures without people in them?". Be first on board, of course! Well, third and fourth (since I'll be first and my roommate second :p:D).

Theresa

Thanks Theresa,

So a round of golf on the day we hit Dominica it is.;):)

Archived