??Things not to be missed on Adventure of the Seas

Oatmeal raisin??? :(:(

Neither of us are raisin fans. Do they have other kinds...chocolate chip maybe??:confused:

They have chocolate chip, too. Sandwiches and cookies change from day to day, too. Always something good to nosh on, though!

• 2 months later...

Bajan Keith - We will be on Adventure of the Seas in 4 weeks time, so I will be happy to answer any of your questions after our cruise. This will be our 3rd cruise - and our 1st Med cruise - we are so looking forward to it. I carry a notepad with me to keep a track of hints and tips and must do's so I'll post them after our trip.....

Bajan Keith - We will be on Adventure of the Seas in 4 weeks time, so I will be happy to answer any of your questions after our cruise. This will be our 3rd cruise - and our 1st Med cruise - we are so looking forward to it. I carry a notepad with me to keep a track of hints and tips and must do's so I'll post them after our trip.....

Thanks Clio....looking forward to your return.:);)

And lastly, the ship as it leaves port.

This is true for us as well. We never miss sailaway, no matter what time it is, from any port. It's spectacular. Oh, we have missed plenty of dinners since we usually take Traditional Dining at 6 pm, and many sailaways are at 5:30 or 6. But, we eat in the WJ that night or make other arrangements. It's just something that is really nice to do and caps off the great day we've had in port.

Also Keith (and wife), the Viking Crown lounge way up top is very quiet and peaceful first thing in the morning. There are no bartenders up there yet and if you want a nice quiet place to read on a sea day, you can take your coffee to go from the Café Promenade and just head up there for some peaceful relaxation. It's lovely. :)

Also Keith (and wife), the Viking Crown lounge way up top is very quiet and peaceful first thing in the morning. There are no bartenders up there yet and if you want a nice quiet place to read on a sea day, you can take your coffee to go from the Café Promenade and just head up there for some peaceful relaxation. It's lovely. :)

Thanks for the tip....certainly sounds like a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the morning.:)

Is there anyway you can measure the height of the vanity/desk in your cabin? DH is redesigning my magnifying makeup mirror that way he can make it the correct height. Really need that mirror:eek:.

Keith, I'm so excited for you and your bride! What made you choose RCI, specifically Voyager? Glad you did - we have sailed Explorer twice (her sister ship) and it is amazing. You will LOVE this class of ship. The "WOW!!" factor is through the roof when you are standing on the Royal Promenade looking up to the 12th floor. it is spectacular!

Keith, I'm so excited for you and your bride! What made you choose RCI, specifically Voyager? Glad you did - we have sailed Explorer twice (her sister ship) and it is amazing. You will LOVE this class of ship. The "WOW!!" factor is through the roof when you are standing on the Royal Promenade looking up to the 12th floor. it is spectacular!

We chose this cruise for 2 reasons, the Itinerary and the ship BUT mainly because of the ship. We are really looking forward to enjoying the ship and the Royal Promenade.:)

From the pics I have seen the ship seems really amazing and I can only imagine the WOW factor is that much more amazing "live and in living colour"

Keith,

We chose it for the same reasons you did. I think you're right...pictures are great but it's not like being there and experiencing it live. We also wanted to try a Promenade room, since it's kind of an inside room with a view. We may like it...we may not, but I guess we'll see in February.

Keith,

We chose it for the same reasons you did. I think you're right...pictures are great but it's not like being there and experiencing it live. We also wanted to try a Promenade room, since it's kind of an inside room with a view. We may like it...we may not, but I guess we'll see in February.

Cool...you will be on just before me. Let me know how you like your PR. We have one on deck 8. Can't wait.:)

It's on one side of the Viking Crown Lounge on Deck 13. You will be amazed! You can watch it, following individual golf balls around their various routes, or just enjoy the panoramic view from the floor-to-ceiling windows all around the lounge as you listen to the plinka-plinka-beep-bong.

For some reason, that bar is never crowded any time I've been there, so it's a wonderful place to relax. Very beautiful, too. Have fun!

Keith, I'm so excited for you and your bride! What made you choose RCI, specifically Voyager? Glad you did - we have sailed Explorer twice (her sister ship) and it is amazing. You will LOVE this class of ship.The "WOW!!" factor is through the roof when you are standing on the Royal Promenade looking up to the 12th floor. it is spectacular!

Yes, indeed! Looking down:

June3-2010_PARADE_Royal-Promenade3.jpg

Day 1 - Shortly after the Parade concluded with colorful interior fireworks - the Royal Promenade (Adventure of the Seas - June 3, 2010)

June3-2010_PARADE_Royal-Promenade50.jpg

Looking up:

June3-2010_PARADE_Royal-Promenade2.jpg

Day 2 - "Dancing in the Street - 70's Style" (a show that took place by the Royal Promenade Bridge; starting 11:15pm people were dancing to the greatest hits of the 70s):

June4-2010_70s-show12.jpg

"Dancing in the Street - 70's Style" (June 4th 2010, Adventure of the Seas)

June4-2010_70s-show11.jpg

Does anyone know how the Ice Shows work are they like traditional shows where there is an early or late show based on your dinner time? Is there an extra charge for them? We sail in 104 days...cannot wait!

There are usually 2 or 3 nights when the ice shows take place and I believe they are offered at different times to accommodate the different dining schedules. There is no extra charge to attend the ice shows. You do, however, have to stand in line to get your tickets prior to the shows. This usually takes place on day 2 of the cruise about 9:30 a.m. You can get tickets for any of the shows at that time. We were in line at 8:45 or 9 a.m. and there was already a line forming. Our pickup location was in front of Studio B. The ice shows do sell out so you might not be able to just show up at the door and try to get in the night of a show. I don't remember if there was a limit as to how many tickets you can get.

Theresa

Keith,

We stayed in a Promenade cabin on our Mariner cruise and it was great. We were on Deck 7 midship and it was nice being able to look down onto the Promenade and see what was going on. Watching the parades aren't easy to do if you are on Deck 7 or 8. You're up a bit too high to fully enjoy it.

Make sure you keep your drapes closed when you're changing clothes in your cabin otherwise you will be giving a free peep show to those in the Promenade cabins opposite you! I saw a free show one night prior to dinner and it wasn't pretty ;):eek:.

Enjoy your cruise!

Theresa

dalifor...those are some GREAT pics. Thanks for sharing.

The 2nd pic of the promenade after the parade is AMAZING.

Does anyone else have any pics they care to share.:)

Thanks

Hi Keith,

Although my pics are from Explorer and not Adventure, they can give you an idea of what to expect on Adventure since both are Voyager class ships:

http://exploreroftheseas2006cruise.shutterfly.com/

My Mariner scrapbook vol. 1 has pix from the Bon Voyage parade to give you an idea of what to expect.

http://marinerscrapbook.shutterfly.com/

200 days until the cruise on Adventure!

Theresa

Archived