This Is Weird

we're booked on majest for the august 9th 2010 sailing and just this morning found out that royal caribbean refunded all of our excursions and soda package. does this mean the cruise is canceld? but it still shows up as being able to be booked on royals website and the cruise and everything was already payed for. my moms going to call here in a little while cause its only 5 in the mornin but has this happend to anyone else? oh and also just looked on royals website in our account and its knocked off there too with not one notification would they really cancel a cruise with less than 2months to go really??

No you won't. This happened to us once. Although we submitted a valid credit card, there was a computer clitch and our cruise was canceled. Luckily we found out about it a few days before we were suppossed to leave. Our travel agent and I worked very hard to get our reservation back. Had we simply shown up at the port we would have been out of luck.

Now a days you need to be booked three days in advance of departure, because of secruity reasons.

So to the OP, please call royal or your TA and find out what the problem is.

Also if you switched cabins since you made your excursion reservations, they sometimes don't come with you to the new cabin, they are just canceled. So please do check.\

Good luck.

The final due date would have been about June 11. I think they would have had to make final payment for them to accept payment for drink packages and excursions.

Keep us posted.

Nope. My roomie & I have been booking and paying for excursions for a while now, and final payment isn't till next week.

The final due date would have been about June 11. I think they would have had to make final payment for them to accept payment for drink packages and excursions.

Keep us posted.

Final Payment would have been 5/31 (70 days out), and you can book packages and excursions before final payment.

Final Payment would have been 5/31 (70 days out), and you can book packages and excursions before final payment.

It is on Majesty so it is either a 3 or 4 night cruise - the last payment date is 60 days out not 70.

Nope. My roomie & I have been booking and paying for excursions for a while now, and final payment isn't till next week.

After I posted and too late to correct; I realized it was an extremely wrong and stupid answer.

:o

well my mom got it figured out after calling her TA, turns out when she paid in full someone at royal caribbean screwed up and clicked "cancel" instead of "confirm" so we still got our room back and everything cleared up plus some obc:D

Oh boy...as Ricky Ricardo would say...someone has a lot of splaining to do!:D

Glad its all put back together!

We booked two last minute cruises this year -one the day before and one two days before - guess you can tell my hubby is very impulsive. The one that was booked two days before included us - our son and his wife, her parents and two grandchildren - our TA put it through and within fifteen minutes of booking with her - it was up on the website and we immediately did our set sail passes and we were set to go - don't know if I would do that again - but on second thought I love to cruise to yes I probably would. lol:)

Keep us posted.

Nope. You can book shorex and packages before final payment.

No you won't. This happened to us once. Although we submitted a valid credit card, there was a computer clitch and our cruise was canceled. Luckily we found out about it a few days before we were suppossed to leave. Our travel agent and I worked very hard to get our reservation back. Had we simply shown up at the port we would have been out of luck.

Now a days you need to be booked three days in advance of departure, because of secruity reasons.

So to the OP, please call royal or your TA and find out what the problem is.

Also if you switched cabins since you made your excursion reservations, they sometimes don't come with you to the new cabin, they are just canceled. So please do check.\

Good luck.

Not true. For N.A. cruises you can be booked the day before a cruise, in the a.m.

well my mom got it figured out after calling her TA, turns out when she paid in full someone at royal caribbean screwed up and clicked "cancel" instead of "confirm" so we still got our room back and everything cleared up plus some obc:D

Bwahahahah. That is funny. You know why it is? RCI payment system is ENTIRELY different than their cx system. There is no way this happened. There just isn't. Sorry hon, your TA screwed up. In order to cancel, you have to go to a whole other area of their system, physically type "cx" and hit enter FOUR times.

But, of course, your TA blamed RCI. It is easier to do that than to admit they didn't call in final.

A- Glad you looked into it NOW instead of later.

B- Glad you got everything (including the correct cabin) worked out

C- REALLY glad you got OBC. YEAH. Have a drink (or 10) on them.

Thanx for letting us know.

Erika

So GLAD that it worked out for you. And getting an OBC is just an added perk so putting you (and us :p) through the thought of loosing your crusie.

ENJOY!

Great I am glad they gave you some OBC.

I'm glad all is well and the OBC isn't a bad thing either.

Nope. You can book shorex and packages before final payment.

You should have read my acknowledgement of my error before posting:

After I posted and too late to correct; I realized it was an extremely wrong and stupid answer.

:o

Archived