New DP perk-any first hand accounts yet??(BOGO speciality restaurant)

PH8

Could you also ask her if you have to have the coupon in hand when you make your booking for the restaurant? Thanks in advance.

Done!:)

Thats all Im gonna ask her for now.......dont want to make a nuisance of myself.......:p:p

Could you also ask her if you have to have the coupon in hand when you make your booking for the restaurant? Thanks in advance.

Heres what it says.....

It says 'Valid for both pre-cruise and shipboard reservations.' and 'You

must redeem certificate at the time of purchase.'

and her email back to me......

With the new booklets, they will be in effect as soon as they arrive to the

ship..which all ships should have them by June 30th.

And I just received mine this morning...so we'll be starting them next

voyage...Friday. I checked the Diamond Plus value book, and it is a coupon

to be used in the specialty restaurant. (Chops, Portofinos, and on Oasis

class -incl. 150 Central Park, Giovanni's Table and Solarium Bistro )

Case closed ????????

So if the coupons are in the new booklets that means every Diamond Plus will get a coupon. Right???? So in Oct. we are traveling with our DD and SIL who are Diamond (by them selfs not thru us) and we could then book a ressie for the four of us and use both coupons....does this sound right to everyone???

Laura

So if the coupons are in the new booklets that means every Diamond Plus will get a coupon. Right???? So in Oct. we are traveling with our DD and SIL who are Diamond (by them selfs not thru us) and we could then book a ressie for the four of us and use both coupons....does this sound right to everyone???

Laura

No, the coupon is only for Diamond Plus Pax. When you settle your bill you will have to hand them your SeaPass Card along with the coupon which will indicate if you are Diamond Plus or not. And since your DD and SIL are only Diamond, they will not be eligible to use the coupons and should be charged full price. Wouldn't want to cause an undue embarrassment.

But, it was nice of you, as a parent, to think of them.:)

No, the coupon is only for Diamond Plus Pax. When you settle your bill you will have to hand them your SeaPass Card along with the coupon which will indicate if you are Diamond Plus or not. And since your DD and SIL are only Diamond, they will not be eligible to use the coupons and should be charged full price. Wouldn't want to cause an undue embarrassment.

But, it was nice of you, as a parent, to think of them.:)

OK Patti, I get it. I guess I was thinking my DH would use his for, myself and DD and I would use mine for me and SIL. We will still be going the first night so DH and I will use just one and I guess save the other for another time.

Laura

OK Patti, I get it. I guess I was thinking my DH would use his for, myself and DD and I would use mine for me and SIL. We will still be going the first night so DH and I will use just one and I guess save the other for another time.

Laura

Will using the coupons come to be like divying up the "D plusers" in the family when everyone wants a D+ balcony discount. I would guess it would be based on how you were distributed as far as cabin arrangements in order to use the b1g1 coupons. If both of the D+ are in the one cabin, then it probably wouldn't work as they would bill one seapass/folio with one bill and the other seapass/folio with the other. In that case, I guess only one of the folios would be D+ and then they might not apply it to the one that isn't.

Will using the coupons come to be like divying up the "D plusers" in the family when everyone wants a D+ balcony discount. I would guess it would be based on how you were distributed as far as cabin arrangements in order to use the b1g1 coupons. If both of the D+ are in the one cabin, then it probably wouldn't work as they would bill one seapass/folio with one bill and the other seapass/folio with the other. In that case, I guess only one of the folios would be D+ and then they might not apply it to the one that isn't.

We have the Royal Family Suite so we are all in one cabin.:D;):rolleyes::D

Laura

Laura

Hey Laura, after thinking about it after I posted and , of course, I thought too long and couldn't edit..........if you and your husband each get a book, then I guess you could use a coupon and pay for your SIL and your husband could use a coupon and pay for your DD.

Guess we will have to wait until the new books actually appear.

Hey Laura, after thinking about it after I posted and , of course, I thought too long and couldn't edit..........if you and your husband each get a book, then I guess you could use a coupon and pay for your SIL and your husband could use a coupon and pay for your DD.

Guess we will have to wait until the new books actually appear.

This is what I was wondering about. Guess I will find out in Oct. But either way we are all still going the first night to start the cruise off right. We always eat in both restaurants at least a couple of times. Thanks for trying to help me figure this out.

Laura

Heres what it says.....

It says 'Valid for both pre-cruise and shipboard reservations.' and 'You

must redeem certificate at the time of purchase.'

OK, is it one coupon book per couple or each?:confused: Makes no sense if Jim and I both get a book but can only use one coupon......of course, we are talking RCI logic here.:D

So we can make a reservation online for the first night?

OK, is it one coupon book per couple or each?:confused: Makes no sense if Jim and I both get a book but can only use one coupon......of course, we are talking RCI logic here.:D

It has always been one coupon book per Diamond Plus memeber...do you think they will change that?? And also how would you make dinner reservations pre cruise without paying for it before hand. So many questions.

Laura

It doesnt make sense,but you know as much as i do............Im just reporting what i have learned so far...

OK, here's my guess:

Each D+ gets a coupon book, so they each get a bogo for the specialty restaurant. I would think they each can use the coupon with another person as the "free" dinner. I don't think it matters that they are billed to the same seapass account if you are using two seapass cards with the coupons.

If you make your ressies online and pay for them, I think when you present the coupon they will credit your account for the price of one dinner. So, it really doesn't matter if you pay in advance: you'll have $25 - $30 taken off your account on board.

I just wish this coupon wasn't for just the first night. I'm thinking if we used it, we would check in with our waiter in the dining room to say hello, and then go to the specialty restaurant. Our problem is we have two coupons!!

It will be interesting to see what kind of restrictions they put on the BOGO and if it can be used in all restaurants. Hope the BOGO isn't for Johnny Rockets (only kidding)!

I hope they include JR's in the offer. Gotta love the Hot Fudge Oreo Sundae!

It will be interesting to see what kind of restrictions they put on the BOGO and if it can be used in all restaurants. Hope the BOGO isn't for Johnny Rockets (only kidding)!
See below...no JRs,no Jade(on MN).....

Archived