C3 cabins

chicagogal

There doesn't seem to be much information on the Equinox C3 cabins. This is our first time on Celebrity. We are booked in 1150 on Dec 27th at a great price with a resident discount. Does anyone know of anything wrong with it? Thanks for any help.

Also, does anyone know of a particularly good C3 cabin - there are quite a few to pick from.

There doesn't seem to be much information on the Equinox C3 cabins. This is our first time on Celebrity. We are booked in 1150 on Dec 27th at a great price with a resident discount. Does anyone know of anything wrong with it? Thanks for any help.

Also, does anyone know of a particularly good C3 cabin - there are quite a few to pick from.

The deck plans show 1150 as a C2 cabin. http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/deck.do;jsessionid=0000m6oOB7pZVouix1FbfJGXiDF:12hdbcuh7?shipCode=EQ&deckCode=SK&sailDate=1100625

If you are in a C3, I would chose one near the aft elevator bank. 1128 on the Starboard side or 1251 on the Port side begin the Aft C3's. I would chose one near there.

Chicagogal-

We have been on the Solstice and will be on the Eclipse in Dec. They are all S-class ships, so very, very similar.

IMO there isn't a thing wrong with your location! Have you reviewed the full ship deck plans? If not, take a look and this post will make more sense (as much as mine ever do...)

The C1s are mostly aft balconies, the C2s are mostly "hump" cabins (those are the angled cabins on the ship's bumpouts) with larger balconies. The C3s don't have either of those, so sometimes they don't get a lot of "love". Also, relative to C1 and C2s there are a lot of them.

The C cabins have the extra Concierge bennies - which some people love, and some don't care about. We like them as long as the price diff is reasonable (reasonable varies from person to person, so that's a personal call). We wanted a "hump" since our daughters will be in a inside cabin but joining us on our balcony (if we let them :rolleyes:). When we booked (onboard) the pricing and upgrade made it worth doing C2 for us (over 1A).

You might want to check pricing for 1B cabins (same location, 2 decks lower). If the pricing is close - stay where you are. If it is a lot less...

Decks 9 and 10 are especially nice because they are between two other cabin decks - no pool deck or nightclub, etc.

Finally - if you see another available cabin in your category you can request a change - no problem. Watch prices. If your drops below what you paid call and get an adjustment :D.

Congrats on the resident discount this far out.

Sara

I appreciate all 3 responses.

Again, we are new to Celebrity but we are experienced cruisers and this is the oddest pricing on any cruise, on any line, I have ever taken. That is what made me "suspicious" and ask the original question about how good or bad cabin 1150 on Equinox would be. The price we got for this C3 cabin is only $150pp more than an 09 INSIDE cabin. Price was the same as 08 (no balcony) and 2B and LESS than 07 (no balcony), LESS than 2A, 1C and 1B (all with balcony but no concierge) Very odd!

I guess I will just consider ourselves lucky and be very happy with our cabin and price! Now we will go for the drinks package, too! :)

Edited by chicagogal

I appreciate all 3 responses.

Again, we are new to Celebrity but we are experienced cruisers and this is the oddest pricing on any cruise, on any line, I have ever taken. That is what made me "suspicious" and ask the original question about how good or bad cabin 1150 on Equinox would be. The price we got for this C3 cabin is only $150pp more than an 09 INSIDE cabin. Price was the same as 08 (no balcony) and 2B and LESS than 07 (no balcony), LESS than 2A, 1C and 1B (all with balcony but no concierge) Very odd!

I guess I will just consider ourselves lucky and be very happy with our cabin and price! Now we will go for the drinks package, too! :)

We noticed the same price difference when we booked a C3 next April on Equinox. AT $1399 (It's jumped to $1499 now) it was much cheaper than even some insides on high decks. Many thanks to the CC'er who advized me to check out the C3 class, or we never would have found it.

We did C3 stateroom #9344 on the Solstice and loved it. We are doing the same room on the new Silhouette next year. Very quiet. Bed next to Veranda door. Good overhang on balcony.

We book AQ, but from what I have learned from my research is that about the only difference between the various CC's is location, on the S class. However, the M class is another story.

What's the difference on the M class cabins?:confused:

What's the difference on the M class cabins?:confused:

On the M class, the aft-facing C1 cabins have enormous balconies that are much coveted by savvy cruisers. I believe the concierge class rooms are also slightly larger than standard rooms.

• 4 years later...
I'd love to see pictures of cabin 9257 on the Equinox Celebrity if anyone has any to post

Thanks so very much :)

Wow, you certainly resurrected an old post. :D

Stateroom 9257 is the exact same as any other stateroom on Equinox except it has the bed by the bath. All the balcony staterooms on the S-Class ship with the exception of suites are the exact same size. Only difference is every other one has bed by the balcony/bed by bath configuration. They alternate throughout the ship.

If you do a search and look at staterooms, yours will look just like that.

Yikes, almost five years old!! How does that happen?

Probably through a search of some word in the thread, but it amazes me too when this happens. Sometimes, not seeing the old dates, I have almost replied to a question too old to be relevant or where the info would no longer be useful to the person who asked.

IIRC, there was a proposal on here to flag old threads that have been resurrected, so that people don't wind up doing those things.

First...since you have sailed on RCL, you may be a member of "captain's club" (you should call the captain's club to make sure)...it should be automatic, but unfortunately, it's manual and you have to call). If you are a member of celebrity captain's club, one of the "perks" is a one category upgrade if requested at time of booking (only)....so if you book a C2, you should pay the C3 price.

That does not apply to guarantee cabins (or C2 to C1 or suites).

Once you have a cabin booked (irrespective of price or special offers), you should be able to change to any other cabin within the same category (c2 to C2) if one opens up that you prefer...and if you are in the US, there is no charge for this by celebrity (although your travel agent may have a charge).

If you search the sticky thread on top of this forum on s-class cabins, you'll find the following comment on 1150:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28612385&highlight=1150#post28612385