Kindle2 on Cruise

Lynda90

I have started downloading books from Amazon (Amazon for PC) in anticpation of getting a kindle or iPad. Now if I buy either, how do I go about getting them on those units.:confused:

When I bought my Kindle (3G), they books I chosen were delivered to my Kindle while it was in the middle of shipment. I turned it on when I got it, and there they were!!

Melanie

Amazon.com has several new free books on their website. Some look really amazing. I'm loading so many books on my Kindle and I don't know when I'll have time for all of them! :p

I can relate. I've bought 4 books and 28 free ones. Most of them are new and classics. Not to much of a classic person. I limit myself to one book bought a month when I had kindle for PC. I got my Kindle delivery today but had to set it up. It was painless though.

Amazed at the text and feel of the device. Very happy K3 owner:D

Thanks, Laura. I see by your picture you did the Xpedition in the Galapagos. We did that a few years back and loved it. Really a trip of a lifetime! My avatar is a Galapagos penguin.

When not using your kindle, do you put it to sleep, or turn it completely off? I've just been putting it to sleep, but should probably be turning it off to conserve battery?

I've been in a bunch of airports since I've gotten my Kindles, both foreign and domestic, and I've never had to take it out.

I also just put it to sleep. It uses very, very little battery in sleep mode, you don't have to turn it off to conserve battery.

I must say I LOVE my Kindle. I didn't really think I would prefer the Kindle over a real book but, with the cover I bought, I hold it like a book. The resoultion is outstanding and I love that the wind doesn't blow the pages while I'm reading!

Not required. It's more like a smartphone than a laptop. I've never taken mine out.

In the past that has been true. But when flying out of ORD on Oct. 1 and flying out of MIA on OCT. 10 both ways made my DH and I take our Kindles out. We both had them in our carry ons and have NEVER taken them out before. But they said it is a new thing and since both airports made us do it maybe it is. So yes it is require now.

Laura

According to the TSA, you do NOT have to remove E-Reader devices from your carry-on baggage at screening. If the airport is requiring you to, do it at the checkpoint, but contact the TSA and let them know their employees need to be trained. You're also not supposed to have to remove netbooks (anything smaller than a "standard laptop" is supposed to go through with no problem) but I've given up trying to get the TSA at Philadelphia to comply with that one.

According to the TSA, you do NOT have to remove E-Reader devices from your carry-on baggage at screening. If the airport is requiring you to, do it at the checkpoint, but contact the TSA and let them know their employees need to be trained. You're also not supposed to have to remove netbooks (anything smaller than a "standard laptop" is supposed to go through with no problem) but I've given up trying to get the TSA at Philadelphia to comply with that one.

That may be true but I don't think I am going to stand there and argue with them over it. Its just faster to take it out and be on our way.

Laura

That may be true but I don't think I am going to stand there and argue with them over it. Its just faster to take it out and be on our way.

Laura

I agree - and that's why I said comply at the checkpoint, but then contact the TSA and advise that the TSO at that airport is not following their own rules. If you go to the TSA website, there's a page where you can fill out a submission form and detail the issues. https://contact.tsa.dhs.gov/talktotsa/talktotsa.aspx

I agree - and that's why I said comply at the checkpoint, but then contact the TSA and advise that the TSO at that airport is not following their own rules. If you go to the TSA website, there's a page where you can fill out a submission form and detail the issues. https://contact.tsa.dhs.gov/talktotsa/talktotsa.aspx

Ok, thanks for the form website.

Laura

Archived