Loyalty Gifts?

With all the talk and discussion of the "New and Revised" Crown and Anchor benifits, does RCCL gift any special items to their repeat cruisers?

I know some of you will remember those very special take home gifts that were placed in your cabin at some point during your cruise.:confused:

With all the talk and discussion of the "New and Revised" Crown and Anchor benifits, does RCCL gift any special items to their repeat cruisers?

I know some of you will remember those very special take home gifts that were placed in your cabin at some point during your cruise.:confused:

D+ pax get to select a special amenity gift, but there are no longer any standard everybody-gets-one hats or tote bags or whatever for gold, platinum or D members.

I had to fax some forms to my travel agent today and the cabinet where the fax machine lives is by the RCCL drawer. Just out of curiosity I looked in there and lo and behold there was stacks of it. Picture frames, hats, two tote bags from four different ships, and more. Fanny packs, shoulder bags, toiletry hanger bags, luggage tags, and last but not least a half a dozen of those neck hanging note pads that they give out at the Meet & Mingle.

I am thrilled that they stopped giving this stuff out. Some people that I know sell it on E Bay so for those who don't have an over abundance collected already you can get it there.

C&A members get a lovely crystal block with a picture of the ship they are sailing on when they reach 30 credits and for every 10 thereafter. We got our first one last Jan. It is of the Voyager. I wish we could find a Rhapsody one somewhere to buy, since Rhapsody isn't in our plans for when we reach 40. If anyone has one, I would offer to purchase it. The lady at C&A said they are supposed to be received on the sailing when one reaches the 30,40, etc. and are to have that ship inside. She said that's the only way to get the Rhapsody except by looking on e-bay, which I thought was funny coming from RC C&A. We didn't receive ours onboard, since the Voyager LA doesn't do a very good job. Don't flame me; I've voiced my opinion to others and to Miami.

Anyway, I think the blocks are very nice, but I definitely don't get excited about baseball caps and hanging note pads and pens, though. I guess I was the only one in C&A who actually used our picture frames. I would like a couple more of them, but again, please don't flame me. :)

Cruzin Lady

D+ pax get to select a special amenity gift, but there are no longer any standard everybody-gets-one hats or tote bags or whatever for gold, platinum or D members.

I beleive the new policy says Diamond and D+ members get a special gift.

C&A members get a lovely crystal block with a picture of the ship they are sailing on when they reach 30 credits and for every 10 thereafter. We got our first one last Jan. It is of the Voyager. I wish we could find a Rhapsody one somewhere to buy, since Rhapsody isn't in our plans for when we reach 40. If anyone has one, I would offer to purchase it. The lady at C&A said they are supposed to be received on the sailing when one reaches the 30,40, etc. and are to have that ship inside. She said that's the only way to get the Rhapsody except by looking on e-bay, which I thought was funny coming from RC C&A. We didn't receive ours onboard, since the Voyager LA doesn't do a very good job. Don't flame me; I've voiced my opinion to others and to Miami.

Anyway, I think the blocks are very nice, but I definitely don't get excited about baseball caps and hanging note pads and pens, though. I guess I was the only one in C&A who actually used our picture frames. I would like a couple more of them, but again, please don't flame me. :)

Cruzin Lady

Effective June 1, 2010, Crystal Blocks will be given to those C&A members that have reached 20 cruise credits and then every 10 after that.

Cruzin Lady

I may be able to help you out on this. I just checked my cruise credits and I have 30 now, so I guess I missed asking for my second crystal block on my last cruise. I am on the Rhapsody this September, and I will ask if they can give me one. If so, I'll let you have it. I really don't want any more, and you can just pay the shipping charges. Email me at pcurri at yahoo dot com, so we can discuss.

We reached 20 cruise credits on our recent Radiance sailing (June 11-June 18) and we did not receive a crystal block. Before we cruised I thought I had read that you were to receive it while on the sailing that you attained 20 credits but with this CRS I wasn't sure if I remembered correctly:eek:!!

Carolyn

We reached 20 cruise credits on our recent Radiance sailing (June 11-June 18) and we did not receive a crystal block. Before we cruised I thought I had read that you were to receive it while on the sailing that you attained 20 credits but with this CRS I wasn't sure if I remembered correctly:eek:!!

Carolyn

Carolyn, I would call C&A (1-800-526-9723) and tell them that you reached your 20th credit on your last cruise. Have your booking number/SeaPass card handy in case they need some type of verification. They should send you one in the mail.

Since this was just announced on June 1, and I am sure that not all the Loyalty Ambassadors were up to date on all the new changes (some never are, unfortunately), it was just probably an over sight.

Don't you know? The Nauga is an endangered species! ;) :p :D

OK, so I'm a Midwestern city girl, born & raised in Milwaukee.

I met this guy from Connecticut at college, ended up dating him for 4 years.

He took me home to CT with him on break one time. We're driving all over the state and see an exit for Naugatuck.

With a straight face, he tells me that Naugatuck is known all over the world for its nauga farms...

Effective June 1, 2010, Crystal Blocks will be given to those C&A members that have reached 20 cruise credits and then every 10 after that.

Where can I find this info. Our cruise on the Liberty in January will be our 20th credit. I'd love to have that momento of this special cruise. My whole family is getting together for this cruise.

I have a block from the Monarch last year. Given to us by a couple who hit their 50th credit and already had a Monarch block. It was a nice gift.

Where can I find this info. Our cruise on the Liberty in January will be our 20th credit. I'd love to have that momento of this special cruise. My whole family is getting together for this cruise.

Log in to the RC site and go to the section on C&A benefits. It is in there, but you have to scroll down a ways.

How about the "signature lapel pin"? I'm assuming this was added with the recent updates to the C&A benefits? Has anyone received theirs yet? Was it left in the room like the gifts were previously?

I was kinda thinking they'd make nice decoration for the last ball cap I did get as a C&A gift.

I have a block from the Monarch last year. Given to us by a couple who hit their 50th credit and already had a Monarch block. It was a nice gift.

You have to log-in and click on the Crown & Anchor Society Tab on RC's website to see the following reference to the "Milestone Recognition" under "ONBOARD BENEFITS"

"A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 20th, 30th, 40th and 50th cruise credits and on every 10th cruise credit thereafter."

Thanks Patti--I did call Crown&Anchor and the person who answered didn't have a clue what I was talking about:rolleyes:. I persisted and finally was put on hold for about 15 minutes and when she came back said I was right:). I would be hearing from RCI but if I didn't to call back in a week. It might be given to me on our next cruise (Jewel in October) or possibly mailed to me.

Carolyn

How about the "signature lapel pin"? I'm assuming this was added with the recent updates to the C&A benefits? Has anyone received theirs yet? Was it left in the room like the gifts were previously?

I was kinda thinking they'd make nice decoration for the last ball cap I did get as a C&A gift.

If it is the pin I am thinking about you get one at P, D and D+ and they have been around for a long time.

Thanks Patti--I did call Crown&Anchor and the person who answered didn't have a clue what I was talking about:rolleyes:. I persisted and finally was put on hold for about 15 minutes and when she came back said I was right:). I would be hearing from RCI but if I didn't to call back in a week. It might be given to me on our next cruise (Jewel in October) or possibly mailed to me.

Carolyn

Why am I not surprised that the rep had no idea of what you were talking about.

You earned it on Radiance so you should get a Crystal Block with Radiance inside. You keep after them...............I waited almost 9 months for one to arrive.....but it finally showed up.

When you log into Benefits............it is listed as footnote #6 on the D+ page.......

"A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 20th, 30th, 40th and 50th cruise credits and on every 10th cruise credit thereafter".

Cruzin Lady

We just got our Rhapsody block last week. Since Rhaps is our favorite ship, we made sure we hit the magic numbers while on her in Alaska. I was impressed with how they did it--they made a big deal out of it. Captain Rick was there as well as a ship's photographer and we were given a copy of the picture!! Got my 30th on Radiance and the loyalty ambassador just handed it to me after I asked about it. We are planning ahead as to what ship we will be on for the next "nth" credit. (any excuse for a cruise, right?) HI PATTI!!! see y'all are going to Australia--one of these days we want to do that.

Archived