Favorite Dish in Blu

DWIN1050

You can also get escargot every night in Blu....just ask your wait staff....

Favorite dish was actually a Chicken in puff pastry also served the same night as lobster. DH had it and I had the lobster.....I'm not a big lobster eater and after tasting DH dish I wished I had gotten it instead. The wait staff and maitre'd told us this chicken dish was also their favorite entree in Blu.

Missed the pheasant night...went to Tuscan Grill that evening....am sure i would have loved it!!!

You can also get escargot every night in Blu....just ask your wait staff....

Favorite dish was actually a Chicken in puff pastry also served the same night as lobster. DH had it and I had the lobster.....I'm not a big lobster eater and after tasting DH dish I wished I had gotten it instead. The wait staff and maitre'd told us this chicken dish was also their favorite entree in Blu.

Missed the pheasant night...went to Tuscan Grill that evening....am sure i would have loved it!!!

I seem to recall that we had pheasant more than once, or was it the duck, which was also outstanding? We were on a ten night cruise,

I seem to recall that we had pheasant more than once, or was it the duck, which was also outstanding? We were on a ten night cruise,

Ah, I remember duck several nights! I love duck!...makes me wish I were there now.....:D:D:D

I see I will be trying new and different things on my cruise. Glad to hear about the escargot. Don't think I would want it every night, but maybe more than once since it is one of my favorites.

I see I will be trying new and different things on my cruise. Glad to hear about the escargot. Don't think I would want it every night, but maybe more than once since it is one of my favorites.

Interestingly, I thought about it after having already ordering another appetizer; and, wow the escargot appeared with the other appetizer. And, it appeared the next night without my ordering same.

Just to be clear in case it is not...(reading this thread I am not sure). Escargot is not on the standard Blu menu, but is available if requested. Our head waiter on the Solstice told us that he could us nearly anything on the ship if we gave him a day or two notice. According to him, the only exception; lobster. We only tested that promise by ordering escargot for any evening of his choosing. It would have been interesting to see if he would have backed up that promise with some items from the other specialty restaurants.:)

Just returned from the trip 6/27 to 7/4.

Definitely the rack of lamb was very well prepared.

..The service was outstanding. I really liked the fact that the BLU was relatively quiet; only holds approximately 150-200 and was never full.

You could be finished dinner in 45 minutes to 1.5 hours. Your choice as to how long.

You could order from the BLU menu or the main dining room if you saw something better.

The food came HOT. IF you ordered rare - it was rare. If you ordered medium rare, it was perfect..What I am saying is the Chef in the kitchen knows how to cook - TO YOUR SATISFACTION..

Wilmer, Santos and Maria- our waiter, ass't waiter and wine steward were great. They all had a personality.... IF you get them you are fortunate..

We had the same table every night and really enjoyed that..The 2 Maitre'D work every table each night to ensure that you were VERY happy..

For those who discussed breakfast- I asked for V-8 and Corn beef hash , which were not on the menu and no problem..

IF you ask and it is served anywhere else = they will provide..

They has some unique dishes that my wife and daughter enjoyed but I am a picky eater( read meat, potatoes and vegetables). I asked for items that were NOT on the menu and I had them..The filet mignon and rib eye steaks were especially good.

I had large shrimp every night . SO guys- let the wives be happy and order what you want..

Any questions - will be glad to answer...

The ship itself was great and do not miss the CIRC show...

The COLD shrimp were quite large and great with the cocktail sauce..

AS to breakfast - I really liked the grilled tomato's.

My daughter enjoyed the various Parfaits.

Otherwise, breakfast is normal.

Just returned from the trip 6/27 to 7/4.

Definitely the rack of lamb was very well prepared.

..The service was outstanding. I really liked the fact that the BLU was relatively quiet; only holds approximately 150-200 and was never full.

You could be finished dinner in 45 minutes to 1.5 hours. Your choice as to how long.

You could order from the BLU menu or the main dining room if you saw something better.

The food came HOT. IF you ordered rare - it was rare. If you ordered medium rare, it was perfect..What I am saying is the Chef in the kitchen knows how to cook - TO YOUR SATISFACTION..

Wilmer, Santos and Maria- our waiter, ass't waiter and wine steward were great. They all had a personality.... IF you get them you are fortunate..

We had the same table every night and really enjoyed that..The 2 Maitre'D work every table each night to ensure that you were VERY happy..

For those who discussed breakfast- I asked for V-8 and Corn beef hash , which were not on the menu and no problem..

IF you ask and it is served anywhere else = they will provide..

They has some unique dishes that my wife and daughter enjoyed but I am a picky eater( read meat, potatoes and vegetables). I asked for items that were NOT on the menu and I had them..The filet mignon and rib eye steaks were especially good.

I had large shrimp every night . SO guys- let the wives be happy and order what you want..

Any questions - will be glad to answer...

The ship itself was great and do not miss the CIRC show...

Great review of Blu Ken. May I ask which stateroom you had? I'm curious about noise.

One of my favourite dishes in Blu is the Cabernet braised boneless beef short ribs.

The night they had them on the menu in Blu we were in booked in a speciality restaurant but the excellent asst maitre'd Joval arranged for our table to have them the next night which was very good of him considering they are marinated for 24hrs then cooked slowly.

As others have said, nothing is too much trouble, the staff in Blu really do look after you and want you to enjoy your dining experience. They are very proud of their restaurant.

In fact we turned down an invite to dine on the Chief Engineers table because we didnt want to miss another night in Blu!

Are you automatically assigned to Blu if you book an AQ suite, or do you need to request it? Also, do they have assigned seating there or do you have to make reservations each day? Thanks

Are you automatically assigned to Blu if you book an AQ suite, or do you need to request it? Also, do they have assigned seating there or do you have to make reservations each day? Thanks

AQ = Blu for dining automatically. No assigned seats/tables, and no reservations, come and go as you please. BTW - - Tables for two are the norm, not the exception as in the MDR, and we had a window table every night, but we always arrived early.

[quote name='CruisinManiac']Thanks for the information on non-noisy rooms. I was under the impression that ALL AQ staterooms were under the pool deck. ;)

Now, I'll have to catch a special for the AQ. :([/QUOTE]

We booked a cabin under the acupuncture room in the Spa - figured that would be quiet.

We were in 1642 and 1644. I chose that location because it ends at the back of the ship.
NO THROUGH TRAFFIC . It was quiet and a great breeze on the balcony.

IF you chose cabins at the front of the ship , you are close to the SPA and Persian Gardens BUT the trade off is more noise and traffic.

I would not agree that the MDR menu and the Blu have many of the same dishes.

Also- even those dishes that may have been similar, I will guarantee you that the BLU food was hotter , cooked to order, arrived quicker etc. and SERVICE was more attentive just based upon the numbers people vs staff.

This is not to demean the MDR but there are only around 75 people in the BLU eating at any time although it seats 150-200.

Blu is a REAL step above

[quote name='KenM']I would not agree that the MDR menu and the Blu have many of the same dishes.

Also- even those dishes that may have been similar, I will guarantee you that the BLU food was hotter , cooked to order, arrived quicker etc. and SERVICE was more attentive just based upon the numbers people vs staff.

This is not to demean the MDR but there are only around 75 people in the BLU eating at any time [B]although it seats 150-200[/B].

Blu is a REAL step above[/quote]

There are 132 seats in Blu.

All the entrees we had were great. Our filet in Blu was every bit as tender and flavourful as the one we enjoyed in the Tuscan Grille. One of our tablemates was craving Bread Pudding, and a wonderful bread pudding was presented to her the following evening. I haven't actually seen that offered on a Celebrity ship.

My favourite dessert was the Cherry Brandy Ice Cream. I could have eaten that every night, but that would have been a very bad idea, as I am lactose sensitive :p.

We love Blu and for that reason alone would sail in AQ whenever possible.

As far as noise goes, we have sailed in AQ 1552 and AQ 1605, with friends in AQ1603. No noise in any of these cabins. Loved the larger balconies in both.

[quote name='Friscorays']Yes, they have many vegetarian and fish options. I do not eat meat but did enjoy all of the seafood, vegetarian and poultry items that I tried in Blu.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your response. It's making me look forward to my cruise on the new Silhouette next year.

[quote name='KenM']I would not agree that the MDR menu and the Blu have many of the same dishes. [/quote]

I wouldn't either but I WOULD say that if you wanted anything that the MDR had then the wait staff at Blu was always more than willing to get it for you....ie..escargot...it was never offered in Blu(well maybe the night we were at Tuscan Grill) but my husband loves it and when Nikolai heard that he immediately brought him an order EVERY night....

It's just that the wait staff in Blu is so accommodating that if you prefer MDR food they'll bring it to you....the escargot was all we ever asked for as we loved the Blu menu!

[quote name='KenM']I would not agree that the MDR menu and the Blu have many of the same dishes.

This is not to demean the MDR but there are only around 75 people in the BLU eating at any time although it seats 150-200.

Blu is a REAL step above[/quote]

Have you been in both? I have. It should be hotter and more attentive. Personally, I didn't find much difference. I thought they were both good.

Archived