Wine list

nowornever

Well, I go on Regatta in November so I will let everyone know about wine packages, wine bazaars, happy hours, beverage packages for that cruise!!!

Any other reports earlier than Nov. are greatly appreciated.

Happy Hour is daily in Horizons & Martinis... 2 for 1 drink prices some exceptions apply ;)

They did have a wine package buy 2 or more bottles for special pricing... the paper was in our cabin on day 1 or 2

Lyn

Is this what you are referring to? Sorry it's so BIG

wine.jpg

Well, I go on Regatta in November so I will let everyone know about wine packages, wine bazaars, happy hours, beverage packages for that cruise!!!

Any other reports earlier than Nov. are greatly appreciated.

Nope. Just some sampling to aquaint myself with some if their offerings. I am thinking of it as an educational exercise.

Something to keep in mind with the cellar packages...what is offered is dependent upon what is currently available on the particular ship at any point in time. On our last Oceania experience which was earlier this year, the cellar packages offered were different and changed (frequently) throughout the 35-day voyage.

The list that Carribeansun was gracious enough to scan may not be what is offered or available on your upcoming sailing although I certainly like your sampling idea...;)

If you're looking to sample a wine from the Oceania cellars, may I recommend La Crema?

http://www.lacrema.com/

The Pinot and the Chardonnay have been on Oceanias' Wine Lists for as long as I can remember, and we've been on several cruises where the Chardonnay was the House White.

We enjoy it very much. It's very long on the palate, almost buttery ;)

If you're looking to sample a wine from the Oceania cellars, may I recommend La Crema?

http://www.lacrema.com/

The Pinot and the Chardonnay have been on Oceanias' Wine Lists for as long as I can remember, and we've been on several cruises where the Chardonnay was the House White.

We enjoy it very much. It's very long on the palate, almost buttery ;)

I'll keep an eye out for it; sounds very nice. Thanks for the suggestion

I could not see O's price but La Crema-2008 in a large discount store, Total Wine & More, is $12 a bottle. I feel comfortable with a 2&1/4-1/2 times mark-up or about $30 for that bottle. I read earlier on this thread where someone said that a restaurant had a $100/bottle corkage fee. I would be interested in knowing where that is because the Four Seasons and Daniels in NYC both have a $40 corkage fee and their dinners average $150+/person plus tax/tip.

I could not see O's price but La Crema-2008 in a large discount store, Total Wine & More, is $12 a bottle. I feel comfortable with a 2&1/4-1/2 times mark-up or about $30 for that bottle. I read earlier on this thread where someone said that a restaurant had a $100/bottle corkage fee. I would be interested in knowing where that is because the Four Seasons and Daniels in NYC both have a $40 corkage fee and their dinners average $150+/person plus tax/tip.

Maybe it was Per Se where the per person costs hover around $300?

www.perseny.com

I always think that those who set up the corkage fees have to tread a fine line, because they have to both allow for the true wine aficionado to do his thing while weeding out those people who are trying to beat the system.

If you really think about it, this makes for a very odd business model. We aren't given the option of carrying our own transmissions into Aamco, or our own accountants into Price Waterhouse; we either have to play with their marbles or go home. :)

$40 corkage fee is high, unless it is for a magnum.

We loved seeing the list of wine pkgs. - that gives us some idea of what to expect. We will be traveling with several other couples. However do they deal with the wine when it is pre ordered? Can they possibly keep it all separate at a large table? Does it follow you to the specialty dining rooms. Dealing with packages is all new to us?? Thanks for help!

We loved seeing the list of wine pkgs. - that gives us some idea of what to expect. We will be traveling with several other couples. However do they deal with the wine when it is pre ordered? Can they possibly keep it all separate at a large table? Does it follow you to the specialty dining rooms. Dealing with packages is all new to us?? Thanks for help!

They put your cabin number on the bottle then when you want it in any of the dining venues just give them your cabin number & it will appear at your table

Lyn

Archived